GE Corporate Employee Reviews in United States

Great Job
PAINTER/CARPENTER (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAMarch 11, 2016
Working at GE was a great experience. I leaned alot and got to freshen up on some skills I hadn't visited in a while. Overall I enjoyed the atmosphere and going to work every day. The compensation & benefits were excellent.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Expensive Healthcare
Good paying company to work for
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Edward, NYMarch 8, 2016
As with any large company you are just a number and not really valued. But they pay really well and there are opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Good Pay and Benefits
Cons
Don't really value their employees and no job security
Management and people very helpful
Stocker/Mantenance (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MAMarch 8, 2016
Day went by fast. Fast pace environment. Co workers very helpful. Management helpful with answers to questions. Leaned about shipping of parts and learned how to run wire cutting machines.
Ge
(Consultant) Infrastructure Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 6, 2016
Great place to work. Work from home, deal with a lot of people all over the country. Hours are long but rewarding. There is a flexibility with their management style and able to use the ability to think independently,
Pros
Flexible
Loud dusty environment
Logistics Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Erie plantMarch 5, 2016
Working at the GE erie plant is a joke.
Great paying worst job I have ever had.
The management team is probably the worst I have seen in my 15 years of manufacturing experience.
Anybody considering the plant should read this.
Making that decision to go there was one of the worst I have ever made.
Stay away and keep a reliable lower paying job and enjoy life.
Pros
PAY
Cons
everything else
Great Working place
Engineering Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Niskayuna, NYMarch 5, 2016
This place is full of talented and highly educated people, great place to learn and improve your skills. You will have support and knowlege all the time
Productive and fun place to work
Sr. Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 4, 2016
- Challenging & Adaptive.
- Growth oriented
- Lots of Learning opportunities
- Leadership programs
- Opportunities to move around
Great envrionment
Jupiter, FL Bio-medical Repair Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jupiter, FLMarch 3, 2016
I have been very happy with my employment with GE healthcare for the pat 15 years. Unfortunately they are closing my local plant and its not possible for me to relocate my family at this time. So I am seeking employment elsewhere.
Good experience
Senior Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAFebruary 29, 2016
Wonderful co-workers. Loved working here. The technical writing team was a great team to work with. The work culture could be more energetic.
Industrial Internet! Whoa what a concept!
Lead Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CAFebruary 28, 2016
Overall a lot of excitement about creating the industrial internet. Company has a lot of potential, just a little too much corporate process to execute anything efficiently in an agile world. Overall the company has some talented people, but they are spread thinly throughout massive teams.
Great company to work for
Switchgear/Generator Repair Technician (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 28, 2016
Great experiences learning new things everyday. teamwork involves good production an high quality product. Overtime and travel to customer sites., tool allowance, company lunches, exercise facility. Pay is excellent.
Pros
excellent work, plenty of overtime, great benifits
Cons
Excellent place for engineers to learn
Technician (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYFebruary 25, 2016
Constantly changing policies and procedures in an effort to be on the cutting edge, which produces more inefficiencies than efficiency improvements. Internal spam is voluminous.
Pros
Job Work/Life Balance and benefits
Brochetti Concrete
Electrical Assembler (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 25, 2016
Overall great company to work for. They really care about their work and employees.The best in the business if i had to say so myself.
Very good company
Assembly Operator (Current Employee) –  East Flat Rock, NC 28726February 25, 2016
I recomend this company.
Employees have 2 breaks of 10 minutes each, and 30 minutes for lunch.
First shifft 7 - 3:30.
I learned assemble different varieties of industrial lighting fixtures.
Supervisors are very polite and kind.
Pros
Treat employees very well.
Cons
Rarely has overtime.
NO FUN, all back-stabbing!!!! Horrible attitudes and language....Double standards for bosses pets and then the rest of us: did not like to hear "no"
Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Monticello, UTFebruary 21, 2016
micromanaged to the nth degree with NO respect for anyone!!! Double standards depending on whose butt you kissed....NO respect, poor attitudes, no planning (everything was last-minute crisis mode).
Pros
pay was okay
Cons
no credit for knowing anything: TOTALLY micro-managed!!!
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 19, 2016
Management and my co-workers were great to work with. Training was excellent in terms of quality. Advancement opportunities were only limited by you.
Clean and productive enviroment
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mebane, NCFebruary 18, 2016
Clean and friendly work enviroment. Easy decently paced work load. the hardest part of the job was when chaos broke all at one time like when all the orders piled up and something broke.
Great Place to learn
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 18, 2016
I love working for GE. The people are great and so appreciative to each other. This is a place where you can learn to grow and get some perspectives of what you anticipate or know what you're wanting to do. GE has great opportunities and very mobile. I love our outings, we get to know each other on more personal level.
great fun place
Machinist (Former Employee) –  West Mifflin, PAFebruary 16, 2016
great fun place to work. long hours but pay was worth the time put in. Job security was low and because of that i was laid off and the plant was shut down.
Pros
pay
Cons
travel
Great Culture, Inclusive Leadership, State of the Art processes and technology, loved working for GE
SVP & CEO GE Equipment Services Mexico (Former Employee) –  Mexico CityFebruary 16, 2016
During my 10 years at GE Capital in Mexico, I led 4 different GE businesses. GE Capital was divesting it´s businesses and I was mandated to take over the business, grow it, improve processes, organization, technologies and behaviors and then either sell the business to a third party or merge it with another GE business.
I learnt so much about business transformation, change management, leadership, good business practices, people management and customer relationship management.
The hardest part and also the most enjoyable was to keep employees engaged and committed to the business while GE was going through its divestment strategy. I am a team worker and a naturally inclusive leader so I was able to bring these skills into play very effectively. Good internal communications was very important. I also enjoyed all my conversations with the customers and felt very proud when they spoke so well about my team members. I enjoy growing people, growing customers and growing businesses and I was able to accomplish all 3 at GE.
Pros
Freedom to innovate, inclusive leadership, GE brand, good learning experiences.
Cons
Constant travel