GE Corporate

GE Corporate United States Employee Reviews

One of the best companies to work for.
Laboratory Manager (Former Employee), Denver, COFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: great co-worker, opportunity to train, learn, personal and professional growth.
Cons: you put in a lot of hours but well worth the effort.
GE expects a lot from its personnel but gives great benefits in return. Additionally you have the opportunity to work and learn from some of the brightest and most skilled individuals in the industry.
Productive and great company to work for
Tool and die maker (Current Employee), PRFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: benefits
A typical day starts with die repairs. My co-workers are friendly and competent. The most enjoyable part of the job is to resolve problems.
Great atmosphere
Fraud Specialist (Former Employee), Dayton, OHFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: building relationships
Cons: losing patients
typical day was very laid back and quiet. I learned about credit verification and how the process works. management was great and always extremely helpful. The co workers and I worked as a great team and we built wonderful friendships as well. There were no hard parts to this job, work was fairly easy and management was always available. the most enjoyable part of this job were the flexible hours and great management.
Rewarding place to work
Data Conversion Specialist - Consultant (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSFebruary 3, 2015
Boredom or not being being challenged does not exist in this office. The people are wonderful to be around and teamwork and quality are the focus everyone.
good place
electronic technician (Current Employee), Evendale, OHFebruary 3, 2015
a very enjoyable place to work. An excellent work environment. It is
a place where I enjoyed coming to work every day. My boss is a very pleasant and agreeable person. Co-workers are good and nice people.
Great place to work.
warehouse production associate (Former Employee), Batesville, INFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: company does a lot of extas for the employees.
Cons: closed
GE is a great company. Managers typically come and go every 2 years, promoting within. I worked in a fast paced warehouse where it took great teamwork to accomplish our goals. Unfortunately, the plant closed this year. Closing benefits are pretty good and would definitely work for GE again.
Great culture, strong management leadership, great professional growth opportunbities
Health & Welfare Team Leader (Current Employee), Schenectady NYFebruary 1, 2015
GE is a challenging, team oriented culture. To succeed you need to be motivated, unafraid to take risks and confident in your abilities. Opportunities for professional growth are boundless.
As a certified lift operator with CPR,AED and Waste&Hazmat certification.
Material Handler (Former Employee), Olive Branch, MSJanuary 31, 2015
The average day was reporting to the supervisor to find out the job plan for that day. Working with the associates to do the job right the first time and be productive for the company. It wasn't a challenge because of my expertise and good structure mind.
Very Productive & Motivating Place
Lead Material Handler (Former Employee), Greenville, SCJanuary 31, 2015
Very busy, Laid back, Supervisors were decent & friendly. I loved the job. My assignment was only temp. If I could do it again, I would!
Absolutely hated working here.
Maintenance Department (Former Employee), Schenectady, NYJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: free gym on site
Cons: lazy employees, 2 tier pay system
I hated working for GE. Took a decrease in pay just to get out of there. Was bored most of the time and when I was hired they said I would be doing all these interesting things but turns out they put me with a different group which I had no interest in. Tried to change jobs within the company after being there a month, but they said I would have to wait 5 years before I could change jobs. When I told them I was leaving after about 9 months, they were then willing to then allow me to change departments
GE had great beneftis and wasa great place to work, I worked with excellent people and made many friends.
Payroll and Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), Schenectady NYJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: good insurance benefits and vacation
Cons: hours were not flexable.
I worked in payroll and need to know about taxes, union dues and all benefits .Had to work with people all over the USA. I had great co-workers. Management was great. I enjoyed working with different people.
Productive place to work and learn
Marketing Manager (assistant) (Former Employee), Carolina Puerto RicoJanuary 28, 2015
The job is diverse, the day could go anywhere from designing marketing plans for a brand to coordinating the time a sign is going to be put up on a building. Management is great, cooworkers have a good attitude.
Great place to work until they moved to Florida
Systems Programmer/Cad Admin/Document Control (Former Employee), Pineville, LAJanuary 27, 2015
Great place to work until they moved to Florida
8:00 to 4:30 job where I could sometimes work from home
I worked for Dresser Valve for 25 years.
We were a family.
Great experience
Cash Applier (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: processes improvment, training, leadship development
• Manage cash for six GE businesses and meet KPIs to drive the cash flow
• Assist in testing of ERP implementations, troubleshoot, documentation, reporting and processing mapping
• Apply cash from in six currencies from nine banks into five AR systems within 24hrs and ensure quality
• Process improvement projects to change onsite remittances, EFT processes, document retention, computer upgrades, and training to save the company over $15,000 annually
• Oversee bank account reconciliation, activity reporting, fee processing, intercompany cash exchange, operating questions, team leadership, and coordination with AP, sourcing, sales, and marketing teams for cash management
Production to be made
Assembler (Former Employee), Florence, SCJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: good benefits and retirement
Cons: being laid off
I worked full eight hours of continuous work with minor breaks. I've learned how to build boards for radios. Management was very strict. My co-workers were easy to work with. The hardest part of my job was advancing. The most enjoyable part of my job was I loved the work I did.
great place to work
Winder Operator (Former Employee), Schenectady, NYJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: great job with pride for workers and parts created there.
Cons: starting pay is low.
Excellent place to work. Awesome people and advancement opportunities.
great place to work
Winder Operator (Former Employee), Schenectady, NYJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: great job with pride for workers and parts created there.
Cons: starting pay is low.
Excellent place to work. Awesome people and advancement opportunities.
Excellent people and leadership
Marketing & Sales Intern, Merchandising (Summer) (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 21, 2015
What really makes this company great are the people. Supportive, hard working, and fun to be around. I learned a great deal during those 3 months and it was a great opportunity to be part of the company.
Excellent position for advancement
Solar Technician (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAJanuary 21, 2015
Training and experience are exceptional. The opportunities to continue and advance are abundant. Project management was excellent in communicating daily tasks and very safety conscious. Often given the opportunity to communicate ideas and concerns for safety and productivity.
Overall great place to work and to learn
Manufacturing Engineer Co-op (Former Employee), Billerica, MAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: dynamic work experience with infinite possibilities for improvment
Cons: big company that was slightly unorganized
GE was a fantastic opportunity for me to advance my design experience and learn a ton about manufacturing engineering. Previously, I had never gained experience regarding production and safety, so, with the help of a great experienced mentor, I learned as much as I could about manufacturing and all of the steps required to make a quality product. My coworkers were nothing but helpful and, while many of them were young, they all had answers for my questions or knew who did. Some of the work I was doing involved programming a stepper motor to lift a mechanical fixture which was a little outside of my comfort zone, but I really enjoyed the challenge and completed the job by the end of my term. It was very rewarding and enjoyable to finish that job and have something tangible to be proud of at the end of my term there.

About GE Corporate

At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Developing people is how we have succeeded across – Read more

GE Corporate Salaries