GE Corporate Employee Reviews

Found 1,101 reviews matching the search
productive place
Oracle Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLDecember 5, 2016
nice environment, team work and good policies, Management is well structured too. My co workers were cooperative
I liked working at GE because the was room for growth
Laid Back Environment
Billing Focal (Current Employee) –  Buckhead, GAMay 21, 2016
GE is a wonderful place to work. It has a laid back environment and a good life work balance. It would be nice if the systems talked and better processes was put in place but this is in the works. The company is expanding and they believe in employee advancement.
Pros
Jeans everyday, laid back
Cons
Need to improve process and system
Has its moments
Direct Sales - Commercial Training Program (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 7, 2016
Allowed for volunteer opportunities.
Co-workers were pleasant.
Covered your travel expenses.
Pay was not very good.
Spent most of the day on the phone.
Difficult to advance
Technical Director (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 15, 2016
Work life balance was non existent and trying to advance to was very difficult. If you were good at your job you tend to get stuck at your job. pay and benefits were great.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
advancement
n/a
Lead Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 7, 2016
A typical day would involve a morning meeting with colleagues in other offices, to discuss open items and determine follow-up actions. Then the afternoon would be spent in the lab performing testing.
Interesting place to work
Welder (Former Employee) –  Erie, PANovember 2, 2016
A big company with a lot of room for advancement. Great pay and benefits. A lot of good people to work with that have a lot of skill to learn from.
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
2 ten minute breaks
Variety of jobs to choose from
Inventory Control (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYNovember 10, 2016
People easy to work with and friendly ,decent pay.Overtime available but not forced. Management works with you not against you,Holiday and vacation pay
Solid place to start a career
Procurement / Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 2, 2016
Strong Financials but low entry level salary and constant change in management. Management needs to address morale and become more consistent in their rhetoric.
Pros
The GE name and brand
Cons
constant change in management
Great Company to Work For
Data and Metrics Analyst (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYNovember 5, 2016
Strong company culture, people take pride in their work. They are playing catch up to some of the new tech companies in regards to benefits and style.
Exciting Place to work
LBA Accountant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 12, 2016
A very collaborative environment and culture to work. You learn a lot and get to understand each business in detail. The work life balance could be improved.
Good management
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 11, 2016
The best point on the GE is management. Everything work because have adequade procedures. The day routine is good, about the relational people is a litle bit cold.
Best place I have worked so far!
Level II Inspector (Current Employee) –  LouisianaApril 17, 2016
I will admit that I do not want to leave, however due to the current economy we are being shut down. I have learned many valuable skills while working for this company and have grown as a person because of it. I know at my facility I thoroughly enjoyed my managers and coworkers. While it did have some issues with the job, I know we all did the best we could. I obtained a great amount of knowledge about sub sea drilling equipment and got to be trained in various forms of NDT. the hardest part of the job was making sure everything flowed smoothly as working in a repair facility, new issues would pop up for us to fix on a regular basis. overall I would say that out of the many jobs I have had, this one has been the best.
Pros
Good people, good company
Cons
advancement, job openings (only due to current economy)
Productive and great place to work
Finance Intern (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYApril 7, 2016
I really enjoyed my experience interning at GE. The culture is fun, motivating, supportive, and competitive. I learned a lot about working in a big corporate environment and improved many skills; such as analytical, problem-solving, project management, leadership, and communication skills. The most enjoyable part of the job was being introduced to new challenges. My co-workers were very helpful in learning the ways of GE and the Finance team.
Outstanding
Lead Manager-Shop Operations (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 11, 2016
Great people in corporate. Extremely talent and results driven. believe in measurable measurements. Like any business they are in it to make money. You are as important as your impact.
Great atmosphere, great place to work!
Logistics Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 6, 2016
I enjoyed my everyday task duties and worked well with all my coworkers. Great company to work for. Was treated with respect by upper management and fellow coworkers.
Warehouse worker
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 29, 2016
The following is my opinion about the above previous employer: 1) The management were friendly; 2) My co-workers help me out tremendously; and 3) The job taught me valuable skills.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Laid off
Productive workplace
Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCApril 21, 2016
GE workflow never stops even when production is minimized due to lack of containers being brought to the warehouse, however, work experience with GE personnel proves to be educational and challenging which is a very good thing.
Pros
System and physical inventory are always on the move.
Cons
Discrepancy in the inventory is imminent.
Fun work place with arun table
UI Developer (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAJune 23, 2016
Our team had been getting familiar with responsive design and put forward a proposal of doing away with device-specific apps and developing a single responsive website that could be served to both desktop and mobile users.
It is a typical warehouse
Manufacturing Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 4, 2016
It is a repetitive job it gets boring after a while. The environment is what you make it. The co-workers is what makes the job ok.
Fun
ServiceNow Developer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 6, 2016
Great and fun place to work with in this company. Great environment to work and great work life balance in this company. But lots of pressure some times to work here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GE Corporate. Our community is ready to answer.