GE Corporate Employee Reviews

Excellent Company and Culture
Senior Operations Manager, Supply Chain (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 22, 2017
Senior AP Manager for all NA operations.Manage 43 employees.

Most enjoyable part of the work is managing, coaching and advising team members.

Culture is a priority for GE.
This company is Good to work for.
Wind Field Service Technician II / Ehs Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Central City, PASeptember 22, 2017
Constantly understaffed makes for long workdays. Awesome safety culture, but there still out of touch with the workforce. there is a lot of disconnect. Entirely to much paperwork just to complete a simple task.
Pros
Good top notch pay
Cons
Management heavy
Challenging place
Senior Contract Performance Manager (Current Employee) –  KuwaitSeptember 22, 2017
Working in GE is great honor, it is an workplace that daily adds experience, confidence,reputation,trust for each and every employee, it is the place where you are recognized appreciated and well esteemed if you work by heart and passion,
working with GE
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CASeptember 20, 2017
Fantastic Company! Awesome staff to work with and manager. Fair treatment and respect of all employees................................................
Pros
excellent opportunities, work/life balance
Cons
locaton
Much of GE culture i very robust.
Mechanical Designer (Solidworks) - contract (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 20, 2017
It is necessary to get cooperation from coworkers and bosses to get anything done on the job.

I received clear instructions and good feedback for what I was doing.

GE has that.
well cultured
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Erie, PASeptember 20, 2017
general elecctric located in erie pa was the best job i ever had. located close to my hometown its employees and management worked well together and everyone seemed to get along well filling thr required tasks at hand
Great company who invests in the employees
Edison Engineer Development Program (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 19, 2017
GE invests in the continual learning and training of employees especially in the rotational training programs for entry level and experienced employees.
Great place to make good money and good benefits
Machinist (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 19, 2017
I enjoy the benefits and pay at GE. The work is a little boring for me because of the production side. I'm use to doing machining on different things everyday instead of the same thing everyday. If this job was in the Arizona or Utah areas that I want to relocate to Id stay.
Great things happen in silos.
Staff Technical Product Manager (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CASeptember 19, 2017
GE is a great company to work for, if you have found the right team and projects. If not, you are working on too many things at once or waiting on someone else before you can complete your tasks. Bureaucracy remains, and they are working hard to change the culture.

Great place for one to begin their career. Not so great for Mid Career opportunities, the advancement opportunities are lost to graduates of Leadership Programs who get Fast Tracked into Senior Roles.
Pros
Networking Opportunities, Leadership Programs
Cons
Traditional Corporate that wants to be a cool start up.
Challenging and personal growth possitions of increasing responsibility. On the job skill development.
Global Human Resource Director (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTSeptember 19, 2017
Excellent experience with this company. Extremely intelligent colleagues with multiple opportunities to build skills both hard and soft; Ability to receive new promotional positions while remaining with parent company.
Eliminated our entire operations team
Personal Computing Operations Leader (Former Employee) –  Niskayuna, NYSeptember 19, 2017
I enjoyed my job but not the office politics. My intent was to retire from GE, but after 20 years, they decided to eliminate a number of positions. IT is not in a good position at GE in general now.
Pros
I enjoyed my job
Cons
they really don't care about people
productive
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 18, 2017
it was nice working there. the pay was good but It was a lot of work and exhausting at times. Long days and hard work. but at the end of the day it was all worth it
Do not go to work for GE
Protection Relays Commissioning Engineer (Former Employee) –  StaffordSeptember 18, 2017
Pros: on time payment
Cons: contractors bad treatment, disrespectful and incompetent management, cheaters, not ensuring transportation means to work, unprofessional approach of the projects, project managers and technical people not enough trained for the job, cheating the customers.
Ge
Consumer Loan Supervisor (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXSeptember 17, 2017
This was so long ago I can't remember much, plus I only worked there for about a year. The year I was there was just fine, no issues, I would recommend.
Highly competitive very stressful and fast paced work environment.
Aerospace Welder (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, NHSeptember 15, 2017
Overall it was an amazing experience to work there. However I was returning to work one day and was hit by a an F350 at 50mph while stopped and waiting to turn back into the work parking lot. IT took me four months to learn to walk again with intense physical therapy.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Poor managment
Rewarding work.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 15, 2017
Lots of promotion from within. Can be a very challenging place to work. Many places require six sigma certification. High expectations of their employees.
Heavy Lifting
lifting heavy
appliances all day
INSTALLING APPLICANES.
DRIVING TRUCK

GE is a appliance delivery company that delivers for Lowes .
Pros
Decent Monet
Cons
Back Pains
Great learning opportunity
Edison Engineer Development Program (Former Employee) –  Niskayuna, NYSeptember 15, 2017
I did EEDP at the corporate research center in Niskayuna. My rotations were great, everyone was helpful and supportive, and the wide range of interesting technical challenges was the best part.
Great People
API 510 / 570 / 653 Inspector (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 14, 2017
Great People, Great Pay, Great Training, Great Housing, Greet travel opportunities, Great educational opportunities, Great transportation. I really liked everybody there.
Nuclear Power Industry is very insecure.
Instrumentation & Controls Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCSeptember 14, 2017
Would recommend engineers stay away from Nuclear Industry and it is very unstable. The industry is only viable when oil prices are high. Industry has acquired a bad name for safety.
Pros
flexible work schedule. smart people
Cons
No job security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GE Corporate. Our community is ready to answer.