GE Energy Management

GE Energy Management Employer Reviews

Very productive setting
Marketing and Communications Coordinator (Former Employee), Tehachapi, CAFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: stable benefits
Cons: systems that reduce productivity and creativity
GE has numerous systems, procedures and approval processes in place which sometimes reduces productivity and slows the advancement of projects.

With that being said, they do create a stable salary and benefit environment which is why many people stay with them.
Diverse workplace
Field Operator (Former Employee), Midland, TXFebruary 23, 2015
Enjoyed the challenges of the job and the new skills learned while i was there but the management did not have good communication skills with the employees.
Very busy company
Shop orders clerk, inventory control (Current Employee), Midland, TXFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: experience
Cons: attendance of other employees
I learned a lot at this company. When I started I new nothing of the oil field, today I know many details of down hole equipment and the functions of the field service techs.
very friendly people
Receiving Clark/ Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GaFebruary 19, 2015
Typical work day was having morning meetings after that, start unloading trucks using a line belt, check to make sure all orfers are correct. take a break, come back and check out a cherry picker, to move received orders to their designated location.
great benefits 401k
Machine Shop Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), houston,texasFebruary 4, 2015
clean and relax place to work
work with state of art machines capable of holding close tolerance
employee empowerment
equal opportunity for advancement
Always a challenging opportunity to demonstrate your capabilities
Product Manager (Former Employee), IndianaFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: continuous learning environment
Cons: business needs more focus to get things done
Solid management from the top down.

Serious culture. Laid back at times.

Pay and benefits- above average.

Global footprint with opportunities to travel.

Never regretted the 16 years I worked there.
not enough money
Electronics assembler (Former Employee), schertz txFebruary 2, 2015
not enough money. it was difficult to survive at those wages, however the management was very helpful and the benefits were good
excellent place to work
Test Technician (Current Employee), HoustonJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: great benefits
Install and commision engines for test. Install alve equipment. Set the turbine in the operating skid. Calibrate all systems in our test skid. Test and calibrate all Facilities Systems (fuel, vibration, temp etc.). Take the skid to the operating cell (Dyno). Hook up all electrical and mechanical hoses and components to test the engine.Run and anylize all parameters on engine. Determine a pass or fail.
GE Site Contracts Manager (Former Employee), Romoland, CAJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: great collaboration and team work, great working conditions, super flexibility in free time allowances
I really enjoyed working in the field for GE: good working environment, good management support, good team effort, excellent management, resulting in good productivity and excellent results
Excellent place to work
Specialist Operations Analyst (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: large company, great benefits, volunteer work, perks were amazing
Cons: just a number, in an already well working 'machine'. move or transfers, layoffs can happen to anyone at any time
Very well structured, all processes and procedures in place already. Finely tuned environment, clear expectations of job duties.

Co-workers are very adapt, very smart and all executing in a 'fine tuned' methodology.

Hardest part of the job, not being able to contribute outside of strictly job description and execution. The foundation is already so well built and set, outside of Six Sigma projects there wasn't much room for improving areas of B.I. and analytics.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the hands on employee and volunteer work we did. Having structures in place helped to avoid reworking things.

I learned how a very large company operates and how well everything is established, benefiting the employee as a person but not necessary as a career and contribution.
GE Review
Quality Program Manager (Current Employee), Alexandria, LAJanuary 23, 2015
The company strives to continually improve the business through innovation. Overall a very good company to work for. The hardest part of this job is knowing that the company will be moving the location in a few short years. There are so many great people that work in this location and it is tough to know that they will not be my co-workers for long.
Nice place to work.
Assembler (Former Employee), Greenville, SCJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: you learn a lot
Cons: get layoff
People at the work place is very helpful. You learn a great deal.You have to be careful. there are a lot of different work going on in the area, so you have to be alert.Some one might be operating a over head crane, you have to stay clear of it.
Good job with a relaxed environment
Electrical Assembler (Former Employee), Schertz, TXJanuary 15, 2015
High Job security and safety conscious
Relaxed environment
Good benefits
Employees are well taken care of
like to make a difference while learning
Field Service Technician (Current Employee), Casper, WYDecember 28, 2014
Pros: each day is different
Cons: time away from family
A typical day at work is 10-12 hours on the job site at customers location working on engines and compressors. I disassemble, replace parts, reassemble, and inspect the engines and/or compressors. I also stay at the job sight for at least 8 hours to insure the engine is running properly once the job is completed. During the job, I will make assessments on the status, safety issues, labor needs, and parts needed. I will work with the customer and my supervisor to work through any problems in order to resolve the issues and get the engines up and running as quickly as possible. I especially enjoy resolving issues, and learning new technology.
Chemical Operator (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CADecember 11, 2014
Pros: paid holidays and vacations
Cons: healthcare is lacking
I really enjoyed my time working for GE, however there can be some improvement on their training processes. The more experienced employees don't take time to train you the right way so you can be more productive.
Company has Clean and accomidating enviroment
CNC Mill Operator (Current Employee), Shawnee, OKDecember 9, 2014
Pros: you get performace bonus for your dedication
Cons: no bonuses if goals arn, t meet
Day starts with finding out what is to be set up and ran, then finding the proper tools. Then uploading program and adjusting work cordinance,,Feed ,speed, and Offsets. Then Loading Parts and indicating part in. you have allowable setup and run time to get operation completed. This goes on until end of shift or hot parts are completed, depending on Management.
A great experience with a strong industry
Intern (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 24, 2014
The internship at GE was an exceptionally enriching experience. I was able to put the information I learned in classes to work in an industrial capacity while gaining vital experience in the oil and gas and manufacturing industries. I was exposed to metallurgy and raw materials fabrication in addition to rough machining, welding, and fine machining or finishing.
Best Contract position ever
Analyst (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 17, 2014
Pros: great learning opportunites
Cons: contract only positions
My manager was a very good instructor, I came into this position with no experience in engineering. He gave me the tools and the training and set me free. I enjoyed the challenges of this position so much that I excelled in it.
Used to be good, now not so much
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), NevadaNovember 11, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: micro management
Although nobody knows what they're talking about it's all about the Number, numbers, numbers.

Great benefits, no room for advancement unless you're part of the in crowd.
Good job, but little security
Receptionist/ Assistant Admin (Former Employee), Rock Springs, WYOctober 22, 2014
The company is fairly new to the oil field and has ideas that don't necessarily make sense for that kind of work.

1 2 3 4 5

About GE Energy Management

GE Energy Management is helping solve the world’s toughest energy challenges through the design of leading technology solutions – Read more

GE Energy Management Photos