GE Energy Management

GE Energy Management Employer Reviews

Cool
Lead Civil/Structural & Architectural Estimator (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 28, 2014
management is great, Job is challenging and people are wonderful to work with.Would work again for GE.
Good Place to work
Electrical Technical Advisor (Current Employee), Conroe, TXAugust 20, 2014
Pros: good place for entry level experience
Cons: not much advancement opportunities
Great people, treat you like family.
Pros Good place for entry level experience.
Cons Not much advancement opportunities for the Wireline Dept. Techs in TX.
Not a bad place to start
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 31, 2014
I think that GE Power Conversion was a nice company to work for, but the work I was doing I wasn't personally interested in. I'm looking for a software engineering position.
Great opportunity to make money
Senior Wireline Operator (Former Employee), Houma, LAJuly 16, 2014
Pros: work/home ratio pretty good. 14/7 schedule
Cons: management seemed complacent and carefree, sales individuals seemed non-existent.
Great opportunity to make money and great laid back, family type of environment. Poor management and sales individuals (not sales team).
Job security a plus
Site Lead Technician(Tech III) (Current Employee), Arlington, OrJuly 13, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: work/life balance difficult to achieve
I manage up to 40 employees daily and this has greatly enhanced my leadership skills.
OK place to work
Technical Sales Engineer (Former Employee), Northern New englandJune 29, 2014
Pros: good salary & benefits
Cons: manager removed after i left
Learned some things, But GE has a reputation of working it's employees very hard with extreme hours
Good Experience
Tools & Process Leader (Current Employee), Longmont, COJune 26, 2014
I enjoy the flexibility of working from home, however, it does require good communication skills and really honing in on the team's operating rhythm.

The culture depends largely on location.
Great experience
Financial/Reporting Analyst (Former Employee), Schenectady, NYJune 23, 2014
Fast paced environment with lots of work, but everyone is always willing to help and support.
G.E
Medical Imaging System Installer (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 21, 2014
I was laid off because of the economic downfall we had here in the U.S.A back in 2008
Great company to work for aside from slow moving managment
Wind Technician (Current Employee), United StatesMay 31, 2014
GE is a great company to work for with good pay and benefits. The downside is things tend to stall out at the corporate level.
Worked with team player
MGA Contractor (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 23, 2014
I will drive to site and make sure the blue print is correct, if the blue print is incorrect I will mark up the blue with correct equipment were it was need. I would then drive home and correct the blue print and scan it and email to my boss and write up DSOW on what need to be replace or what was needed.
Worst experience of my life
Operations (Former Employee), FloridaMay 3, 2014
Pros: looks good on your resume. opportunity to relocate globally if you choose to pursue.
Cons: see giant paragraph
They don't care about their employees at all and people work long hours (60-70 hours/week) regularly. They never staff enough people to do the work and the business doesn't care because it saves them money if they can avoid adding head count and paying for training. Speaking of training, it doesn't exist at this company. They don't know how to onboard – more... new employees and if you ask others questions you get resistance from people because they're too busy to help anyone. The job culture is poor. The management is even worse because they only manage for the people above them, not the people they are supposed to be leading. There's too many politics and dirty games. It's also a very unhealthy environment for women. They don't care if you are a mother who needs to take your child to an appointment and they frown upon women who leave at a certain time (example 5pm) to make it to their child's daycare in time, even after arriving early and putting in the hours to get the job done. After 2 years I had enough and moved on.
The healthcare benefits are horrible. High deductibles and then only when those are met will they cover 80%. They try to keep that a mystery until you sign the offer letter, so if you're considering accepting a job here make them tell you specifically what the benefits are.
Pros are that there is opportunity to work globally if moving/traveling interests you. Just know that doing so means that the company owns you and will expect 200% from you. – less
amazing enviroment
Logistics Specialist (Current Employee), Olive Branch, MSApril 24, 2014
Pros: amazing work ethic
Receiving Purchase Order shipments from vendors
Preparing (fulfillment) custom orders of highly custom tools for shipment
Performing visual inspections and operational checks on equipment
Logistics support in regards to heavy lift equipment operation transportation coordination
Distribution Center, facility optimization to include cycle counts and equipment – more... staging
Safety and security checks in support of a full-service Distribution Center – less
good job except the 90 hour weeks
Valve Technician (Former Employee), Odessa, TXApril 9, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: no sleep and no time off.
got a great check but never got time to spend my money two hours of sleep a night and 18+ hours a day. management saw you as very expendable and let you know it.
Company was shutdown
Solar Member (Former Employee), Arvada COMarch 19, 2014
Corporate shutdown the site I was working at. I was with this company for 5 years and miss working with my co-works who made the work fun.
Engineering today for tomorrow!
Advanced Manufacturing Engineer, AME (Former Employee), Plainville, CTMarch 7, 2014
Pros: great people to work with - through diversity builds strength.
Cons: not one! general electric is a great company to work for!
Opportunity to travel around the world being introduced to world class manufacturing methods.
Productive environment. Great learning experience
Global Services Finance Manager (Current Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: empowered employees
Cons: work/life balance
Good place if you're just starting out. Everyone is taught how to perform to deliverables and they empower their employees.
Decent Company to Work for
Sewing Machine Operator (Former Employee), Slater, MOFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: okay pay, benefits
Cons: lots of overtime making life/work balance unequal
Pay was pretty good, ALOT of overtime up to 20+ hours a week, which made home life/work balance hard. Over all good company to work for. They listened to the employees and try to make things fair for all.
Great place to work for.
Solar Engineer - Co-Op (Former Employee), Newark, DEFebruary 3, 2014
Nice colleagues and resource in a big company. Plenty of instrument s to play for. learn alot from there.
Awesome Company
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Raytown, MOFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: everything
Everyday was different and extremely rewarding.
I had the opportunity to work with a working manager.

1 2 3 4 5

About GE Energy Management

GE Energy Management is helping solve the world’s toughest energy challenges through the design of leading technology solutions – Read more

GE Energy Management Photos