GE Energy Management Employee Reviews

PrimeStar Great! GE terrible!
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Arvada, COMay 4, 2017
I started when the company was PrimeStar Solar, a start-up company that was developing PV solar panels. PrimeStar was a wonderful environment, the best I ever worked in. GE was a prime investor who later decided to purchase us. GE attempted to assimilate us by changing the way we worked and integrating a layer of management that did not seem to understand how a solar manufacturing company should be developed to be ready for production. Some issues came up with achieving the electrical efficiency needed for production and GE decided to shut down the organization. In my view, that was a poor decision.
Pros
Cons
Poor management
Easy going job.
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 3, 2017
This company manufactures a product that is designed to save lives and the environment. It was very interesting learning how all the component work together. Not too much of a stressful environment .
Pros
Easy to understand the product.
Cons
Management does not have enough oil field experience.
Type of work
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Park Avenue, NYMay 3, 2017
For example, during a recent mid-week meeting, I noticed one team was a few days behind on a long-term project. I met with the team and, together, we came up with a strategy for increasing efficiency among the team. Along with constant interaction with my team, I also attend a weekly board meeting where I present my department’s progress to the executive board. On Fridays, once all these tasks are completed, I make sure I have completed all necessary communication for the week via email and in person, and create a list of priorities for next week.
productive and fun work place
Pipe welder/fitter (Former Employee) –  Schertz, TXMay 2, 2017
good work environment,learn new things and very friendly people work there.GE is a very good company to work for they have great benefits and the company is Global.
Ge Automation & Controls
GE Automation Engineering (Former Employee) –  Eastern USApril 30, 2017
It is so mis-leading to read all these positive reviews that are highly inaccurate.

I have to believe that they have been written by GE employees that were recruited directly out of college, worked ad GE for a number of years, and never had anything to compare life at GE against.

If you were in this group, officially called GE CLP, Commercial Leadership Program, then you have no real world experience to compare GE against.

In my 6 years in this group, I found half of my time spent defending my job performance against sales people that had zero clue of the automation business, but they seemed to make sense to their immediate managers because they are also clueless.

I'd love to name names, but doubt my review will be posted.

If you choose to work in this group, here is what you will deal with:

1. Management changes direction as the wind blows. Usually for the worst as tehy just did in early 2017.

2. Almost no new products to compete in the industrial automation industry as compared to the other Big three manufacturers.

3. Management spends more time looking at you to see if they can fire you to cut costs.

4. Product development is terrible and comes to market to slow to be competitive.

5. The only real automation they have is migration from older controllers to newer models. The new models have been released to quickly and do not support functions existing customers expect and need.

6. A sever lack of knowledge in the automation industry.

So if you want to work somewhere where you have thee feeling of being a short timer, then go for
  more... it. My advice would be to get your boss fired,, then maybe you can breathe some life into this group.

You will be constantly frustrated not being able to compete and win against the other Big 3 automation players!
Pros
Cons
Constant feeling that you will be let go
Senior System Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Mebane, NCApril 27, 2017
First class organization. Very employee focused. Mature processes and management structure. Highly motivated professional team. Great environment for learning and professional development.
Great Place to Work
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 19, 2017
GE is one of the companies that will lead this country into the future. It was absolutely fantastic to work with such bright, innovative people... I wish it could have lasted!
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Going through some growing pains
A learning experience in every single aspect.
Environmental, Health & Safety Technician (Former Employee) –  Vega Baja, PRApril 10, 2017
A lot learned from one of the leaders in the business in constant improvement. Learned to manage time, priorities, how to encourage people and lead by example to achieve desired goals and excellency.
Decent place to work
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Schofield, WIApril 4, 2017
We were a small company bought out by GE. The benefits are good and there is a good balance between work life and personal life, however they have decided to close our facility down.
competitive work environment
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 30, 2017
dynamic place to work. no work life balance. everyone is competing with each other. good pay and benefits. constant change in company and management.
unreal
Gas Turbine Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 29, 2017
These are redundant requests based on different jobs int he same company. No need to give the same review 10 times. So typing randomly to fill character count.
Good long term planning
Lead Rules Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMarch 27, 2017
GE is very old and successful company. However, the company cares longevity and profit more than the employee itself. The company is well known for deep job cuts in difficult time.
Pros
Good Strategy with customer
Cons
Job cuts, layoff
Cost Saving
Senior Manufacturign Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 27, 2017
For large corporate like GE, cost saving is a very important thing. Cost saving is not purely a management thing, it is also a technical thing. Does GE has enough technical accumulation there?
Pros
Resource
Cons
Waste
GE is a place to build a leadership Career
Director, Digital Solutions (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 24, 2017
GE gives a broad experience in different functions.It's a stable company but meritocracy is not evenly awarded. Wish they did more to employees keep who actually work .
Pros
Challenging work atmosphere
Cons
Less salary
World Leader in Energy Services
CSL (Customer Service Leader) (Current Employee) –  Milton, FLMarch 22, 2017
During my five years at GE I went from Field Engineer to Customer Service Leader. As a customer service leader I spent my days working with GE energy customers and providing the service fulfilment needed to maintain their mills and power plants.
Pros
Excellent company with long history of excellence.
Cons
Long work hours as required to fulfill customer needs.
Great place to work, I had a great manager
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 22, 2017
I was the one and only Project Manager for overhaul and repair. I was the liaison between GE and all of their customers requiring repairs on their components of the BOP stack. I kept track of all repairs and reported daily to various major drilling contractors.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Had none. I loved my job.
Its ge
Resource Manager / Director Southwest Region US (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 20, 2017
cons beginning to out weigh the pros. sub par health benefits, work life balance nonexistent. some pros are job security, GE is not going anywhere, so you are secure with that.
Great place
Pega Tech Lead and Upgrade expert (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 16, 2017
Good place to work and learn a lot. Learned a lot and contributed accordingly. Top level manaement.Work culture is very nice.
support from the company and management is immense.
Stressful with unrealistic expectations
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Schertz, TXMarch 16, 2017
Daily schedules were set. However, the tools and people needed did not match their expectations. Lay offs were given at a drop of a hat. Doesn't matter how good or bad of an employee. Your a number there and if your number is pulled..then out you go.
Pros
Sundays off
Cons
Lay offs at a drop of a hat
good company
Service (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 14, 2017
Great company to work for. benefits are ok. advancement opportunities are available within all GE business units including Power, Healthcare, aviation, etc.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GE Energy Management. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval