GE Energy Management

GE Energy Management Employee Reviews in United States

it was a good place to work if they would get there act straight
warehouse leadman (Current Employee) –  OklahomaMarch 14, 2016
it was a good place to work for but the management team couldn't give us strait answers on the questions that was being asked and the make up there own rules as they go and they make the hours as the go the like to tell you at the last min. that you have to work 12 hrs or the weekend and they tell you it's mandatory that you have to work the weekend in all the years that i have worked in this company i never heard of every weekend is mandatory the would come up and ask you to work the weekends our overtime.
Pros
good people work there
Cons
management
Productive and an extremely good company to work for .
Stator Bar Current Tester (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJanuary 6, 2016
Great company . Upper management was fantastic . Money and benefits were great . They cared about the workers as people, the training was thorough , and my superiors were fair and helpful.
Planner (Current Employee) –  Shawnee, OKApril 6, 2016
Good opportunity for growth and education and great work environment

manufacturing training

good benefits and flexible vacation

Leadership is exceptional
Productive, busy workplace
WIND FIELD SERVICES FIELD SUPPORT ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Roby, TXApril 15, 2016
My day typically begins at 7 AM involving excel spreadsheets for various things. I have learned many things including management skills, new software, everyday something new. I have managed a team of four contract workers for the past four years. We all work remotely from our homes, making for a very productive environment. We are in constant contact during the day; communication is what makes our team a success. Due a recent re-organization my job requires relocating which is not an option.
Pros
Busy workplace, good pay, good benefits.
Cons
Job ending.
Fast paced work environment with family atmosphere
Lead Engineer & BOP Repair (Former Employee) –  Broussard, LAMay 4, 2016
Most days started with completing customer requests and meetings. Our facility supported all of Hydril and Vetco product globally. Also, due to our geographical location we were visited often by our customers.
Due to the growing responsibility and scope of our facility, I found it to be challenging to balance priorities among customers. Though challenging, I did find it very satisfying to get closure and have our customers leaving our facility with a proper answer or a completed product.
Productive and fun place with basketball court
Tools Technician (Current Employee) –  Schertz, TXMay 17, 2016
A typical day would be Inspectiang all the tools and equipment issued to workers on a daily basis for production use. We also deal with all the consumable materials and PPE needed for tools and employee saftey. Constant inventory checks and orders are conducted in order keep in stock all materials and PPE needed for daily production. Repair orders and calbration documents are also completed daily to insure that all tools and equipment arre up to date and serviceable.

The hardest part of the job is keeping up with all the documenting and inspecting while helping employees with their question on tools and materials, but still very manageable. The part I enjoy the most is being able to help others do their jobs easier. My co workers are great and so is the management. GE is also very big on saftey, so constant team meetings and JSA documenting is also implemnted daily. And this has made me become a very more cautious and alert person with everything that I do to avoid an injury.
Pros
Plenty of overtime is availabe.
Cons
Lots of rework and exposure to hazardous chemical and sharp objects.
friendly work environment
Sr. SAP Logistics Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, OHApril 14, 2016
great people, great enterprise
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.Why join one great company when you can join many? We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies.
Excellent Company
Welder/Machinist (Former Employee) –  Broussard, LAMay 26, 2015
Best company I've worked for thus far. The hours were great, as well as the benefits. I felt as though I had a supervisor that had personal relationships with each of his employees, and was sympathetic to the needs of each. There was always room to learn outside of your area of expertise and the employees were always willing to lend a helping hand in and outside of the workplace...truly a team building company.
Pros
Management, Benefits
Cons
Lack of work. job security, pay
Na
North America Power Electronics Leader (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 23, 2016
GE Energy Connections designs and deploys industry-leading technologies that turn the world on. We transport, convert, automate and optimize energy to ensure we provide safe, efficient and reliable electrical power. Uniting all the resources and scale of the world’s first digital industrial company, we connect brilliant machines, grids, and systems to power utility, oil & gas, marine, mining and renewables customers, that keep our world running.-
Pros
NA
Cons
NA
Na
Lead Customer Support Manager (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LouisianaOctober 20, 2015
All is good just looking to work remote or possible career advancement. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expect of a big company.
Water Treatment
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Trevose, PANovember 24, 2015
Traveling the east coast managing the water treatment programs at different customer sites. I learned a lot about inhibiting corrosion and bacteria control. The hardest part of the job is satisfying the customer. But the challenge was enjoyable. It kept me alert and focus. I believed in the product that GE was selling, because the performance reduced energy cost.
Pros
learning
Cons
Good place to work and feel productive, part of a team.
Buyer, Purchasing, Sourcing, Contract Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 27, 2015
I was able to communicate with vendors around the world and felt very accomplished with my job. I was able to learn negotiating skills, brush up on Excel, Power Point, Access. I took classes to learn more deeply about the product that we manufactured. I felt as though the people I worked with were like family, offered help when ever needed. Management told me that I was an asset to the company and promoted enthusiasm. The hardest part of the job was trying to accomplish everything my job required even when there were reductions in the workforce and we had to incorporate additional work. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to reconcile issues or opportunities that were presented to me giving me a sense of accomplishment.
Pros
Safe and secure place to work.
Cons
No overtime pay for salary positions.
Very Interesting Job
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXSeptember 8, 2015
I learned a lot from coworkers and the job were challenging! We had competitions! I learned how to tack. Management wasn't up to par. The hardest part of the job were, when you didn't have anything to do, it got boring! So I had to find something to do like clean up my area and make it look nice! The most enjoyable part of the job is getting the job done well first( I love to put out the products) and when I go on break and socialize with coworkers. We were a team a family. And when everyone got laid off, we cried. It really hurt to see someone loose their jobs after all those years. But life goes on to maybe better things. Like working at the post office until I retire!
Pros
We did get a 20 minute free lunch break and company lunches for safety!
Cons
We had a short break before lunch. And First aid on site!
Upper management is disconnected
Lead Field Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleburne, TXJanuary 20, 2016
Upper management is disconnected from the "boots on the ground". Expectations are unrealistic. Assets are not managed well and dollars are not properly spent.
Contract Position shortened due to lack of work
Project Buyer (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 6, 2016
I found the training to be limited and co-workers largely too busy to help me get up to speed so a lot of my education was self-taught.I was surprised that a company this size didn't have a more formal training plan in place.I was involved with two projects, one in particular, where I was able to determine the necessary requirements and was able to use my skills to assist these groups and felt that my contributions helped to have these large orders ship on time. That interaction and their appreciation of my efforts were easily the most satisfying part of this job. Once the projects wrapped up, I asked for additional tasks but eventually due to a drastic slowdown in current and planned projects this year, the business focus involved cutting costs quickly and drastically where possible and this included the elimination of all contract employees. I was told that when business picked up again, there would be an opportunity to be called back.I felt I had a good relationship with my manager and was sincere when she said she would like to bring me back when business picked up. I took this position with high expectations to prove myself for a full time opportunity,worked hard everyday and did meet some good people along the way, but overall left the company somewhat frustrated with the experience.
a good place to learn the skills you need
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXDecember 19, 2015
fun place to work great and hard working coworkers you can rely on
management is border line poor a lot of issues with payroll and no manager
my work life
Field Service Tech III (Former Employee) –  Purcell,oklahomaJuly 27, 2015
i traveled 90% of the time during my employment. the management i was under seem to not understand the importance of children and family. i lived in east texas during my employment but was based in purcell, oklahoma. i was made to travel, even when there were jobs within minutes of my house. i loved my job and tried to do my job to the best of my abilities, despite the aggrevation created by my superiors. my overall review really boils down to the inability of management to use the employees in place to benefit the company as a hole, saving money, wear and tear on company vehicles and to keep customers happy by doing jobs in a faster more efficient way by using there resources in a better way.
Pros
the feeling of accomplishment at the completion of each job
Cons
the loss of time with my family
worked as a contractor
Billing Analyst Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 31, 2016
a lot of uncertainty about your position - most all functions are outsourced - GE is a pioneer of oursourcing Amerian jobs!!!
Pros
nice people
Cons
uncertainty
GE Energy was a great place to work
Domain Administrator (Former Employee) –  Minden, NVMay 26, 2016
GE Energy was a great place to work.

All the coffee and sodas you could drink. Onsite cafeteria that was a pretty good deal. No venturing offsite for lunch.

Good compensation, Good benefits.
Pros
Good compensation, Good benefits.
Diverse group of talented and motivated people to work with
Unit Managing Director (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 13, 2016
GE showed a lot of thought and preparation for the combined employee population in its merger with Alstom, ensuring that everyone on both sides were treated fairly, and the combined company is truly a major benefit to its shareholders and customers.