GE Energy Management Employee Reviews

good company
Service (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 14, 2017
Great company to work for. benefits are ok. advancement opportunities are available within all GE business units including Power, Healthcare, aviation, etc.
Poor Management
Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PA 15238March 13, 2017
Worked with great people, but management drove the place into the ground with poor decision after poor decision. Quality was paid lip service and nothing more, schedules were more important than doing the job right. If there was a problem, management would invariably up the overtime instead of actually fixing the problems. Sure it was nice to make 50% more than my base salary, but that isn't sustainable. It is no wonder the plant failed and closed.
Pros
Great people and lots of things to learn
Cons
Poor management and too much OT
Constant change
Support Manager (Current Employee) –  OklahomaMarch 11, 2017
GE Oil & Gas is always in turmoil with constant management and structural changes from very intelligent, highly educated but seriously lacking of experience/knowledge within there responsible fields.
In-Experienced leadership consistently attempts to re-invent the wheel which causes chaos with internal flow disruptions. GE high level management appears to have positive directions but does not flow down to the lower level, this only creates increase workloads at lower levels. Upper management continually ask for feed back but never seems to trickle downward?
Pros
unlimited time off
Cons
time off only puts additional stress upon return from any absence
Great opportunity right out of college.
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXMarch 9, 2017
Solid company. I studied GE while in school and I thought it was a great opportunity right out of college. The benefits were good and I thought the retirement options were really solid. I was hired during a boom and I was given a 10% bonus for the cost of living expenses. I of course lost it when the price of oil dropped. The job did unofficially ask you to work more than 40 hours a week but it didn't kill me. However upper management seemed to spend 60 hours a week on the job. I couldn't see myself working that much and being a great husband. I left because I thought that if I was going to end up working that much then I want to do it on my own terms. I left to start my own business. In the oil field I always heard how much greener the grass was on the other side but I'd argue that GE Oil and Gas is a great place to work.
Pros
Pay, 401k, Management
Cons
Oil jobs can be volatile, GE is newer to Oil and Gas
Great Company To Grow With
Molder (Former Employee) –  Somersworth, NHMarch 7, 2017
GE gives plenty of opportunity to grow! I would have like to have seen management get more involved with day to day operations in order to keep employees moving and working up to their potential.
Good
Functional Tool Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 26, 2017
My manager was pretty hands off once a task was set but was always available for any questions. I made my own hours and enjoyed the environment.
Great place to work at
Turbine Technician/ (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 22, 2017
Always something different and very exciting. always learning new things and treated like family. Benefits are great and had a lot to offer to employee to move up in work area/feild
Pros
benifits
Cons
pay
A Good Place to Work
Contractor/Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Avon, MAFebruary 15, 2017
Working for GE was really great in that I had a competent, smart manager and a supervisor who was the most objective and knowledgeable supervisor I've ever had. GE is in the middle of getting established in Boston, so there's a bit of juggling going on in terms of facilities and people, but I enjoyed working there.
Pros
Good working environment
Great Job learned alot
Senior Lead (Former Employee) –  OKCFebruary 13, 2017
My job was a fast pace environment 12 hr shifts very team driven.I really liked the people I worked with management worked very closely with there employees.
Pros
good pay
Cons
Long Days
Great company
Lead Field Power Delivery & Automation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 10, 2017
Good company to work for long term which helps with growing as an engineer from studies to work experience. Great benefits and management benefits.....
Never lack of challenging works
Principal Engineer (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYFebruary 9, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is that you never get bored with routine works. Unlike those third-party consulting firms, you always have access to the core technologies across a variety of GE businesses.
Pros
interesting works, knowledgeable colleagues
Cons
healthcare
break room
Welder (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, OK 74804February 7, 2017
Ge was a fun place to work. lots of over time the down side is the pay wasnt all that great but the over time covered that. the weld shop is cooled so thats a plus because it gets really hot
Pros
overtime
Cons
pay
productive
Polymer membrane technology leader/Senior Engineer (Former Employee) –  kanas city moFebruary 7, 2017
Multiple project management to develop innovative products-conception to completion.
Installation and commissioning of processline.
Resolve material science issues during product development.
Selection of raw materials, process, and product performance evaluation.
Troubleshooting of process issues.
Rootcause analysis-customer issue resolution.
Lean manufacturing.
Continous improvement.
Ip manager. Raw material and product regulatory compliance-reach rohs, fda, european regulations
Pros
flexible
Cons
manager not good
Expect no interesting work.
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJanuary 31, 2017
Non engineering company that is operations focused with no product development. Sink or swim environment with little support from coworkers or management for maintenance of 25+ year old software. Extremely limited career advancement. Not recommended.
Pros
3 weeks vacation
Cons
no engineering
Closed as a result of "Great Recession"
Skilled Assembler (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJanuary 31, 2017
This was my "career". I was well on my way to a very comfortable managerial position which would have provided my family with the security I was seeking.
Pros
Job satisfaction
Cons
stress
Loved working fir this company
Electrician & Instrumentation (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 25, 2017
Great environment and and loved learning in this great place. I wish the company would come back to Texas. Everyday I would get up knowing that I would be getting to do what I loved and the employers were air and understanding and loved to teach new things everyday so that we could meet our goals.
Pros
Learning, and great cafeteria for lunch time.
Cons
Job went over seas and were job cuts and layoffs
It was the greatest place I ever worked
Corporate Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 24, 2017
I would type up security badges and assist and direct all visitors, I would assist the switchboard operator with high volume of calls, and assist my supervisor with various admin duties. I learned how to speak a little Spanish and that I have a good ear for heavy accents. My supervisor was a lot of fun to work for and work with. I was able to interact with pleasant and generous employees every day. Leaving was the hardest thing for me to do. I was able to interact daily with employees and business people from all over the world and it was very interesting and exciting.
Pros
Working daily with wonderful employees and visitors
Cons
Company restructure caused replacement of reception with security
GE Energy
Lead Engineer / Technologist (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 17, 2017
Awesome experience working in the GE culture. Awesome opportunities for training and advancement. Both design and manufacturing of major components were located at this campus in Greenville SC.
Pros
Awesome training
Cons
zvery large company
Was a contract good place to work. Better if your an employee
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  shertz txJanuary 11, 2017
Great place to work co workers were great got a long pretty good with everyone. Just go do what you got to do get a good days work in and it will be fine.
Involved senior Management
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJanuary 10, 2017
The senior management have a daily meetings with Project managers to understand the project status. This was the most hardest and most enjoyable meetings at the same time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GE Energy Management. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval