GE Energy Management Employee Reviews

competitive work environment
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 30, 2017
dynamic place to work. no work life balance. everyone is competing with each other. good pay and benefits. constant change in company and management.
unreal
Gas Turbine Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 29, 2017
These are redundant requests based on different jobs int he same company. No need to give the same review 10 times. So typing randomly to fill character count.
Good long term planning
Lead Rules Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMarch 27, 2017
GE is very old and successful company. However, the company cares longevity and profit more than the employee itself. The company is well known for deep job cuts in difficult time.
Pros
Good Strategy with customer
Cons
Job cuts, layoff
Cost Saving
Senior Manufacturign Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 27, 2017
For large corporate like GE, cost saving is a very important thing. Cost saving is not purely a management thing, it is also a technical thing. Does GE has enough technical accumulation there?
Pros
Resource
Cons
Waste
GE is a place to build a leadership Career
Director, Digital Solutions (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 24, 2017
GE gives a broad experience in different functions.It's a stable company but meritocracy is not evenly awarded. Wish they did more to employees keep who actually work .
Pros
Challenging work atmosphere
Cons
Less salary
World Leader in Energy Services
CSL (Customer Service Leader) (Current Employee) –  Milton, FLMarch 22, 2017
During my five years at GE I went from Field Engineer to Customer Service Leader. As a customer service leader I spent my days working with GE energy customers and providing the service fulfilment needed to maintain their mills and power plants.
Pros
Excellent company with long history of excellence.
Cons
Long work hours as required to fulfill customer needs.
Great place to work, I had a great manager
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 22, 2017
I was the one and only Project Manager for overhaul and repair. I was the liaison between GE and all of their customers requiring repairs on their components of the BOP stack. I kept track of all repairs and reported daily to various major drilling contractors.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Had none. I loved my job.
Its ge
Resource Manager / Director Southwest Region US (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 20, 2017
cons beginning to out weigh the pros. sub par health benefits, work life balance nonexistent. some pros are job security, GE is not going anywhere, so you are secure with that.
Great place
Pega Tech Lead and Upgrade expert (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 16, 2017
Good place to work and learn a lot. Learned a lot and contributed accordingly. Top level manaement.Work culture is very nice.
support from the company and management is immense.
Stressful with unrealistic expectations
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Schertz, TXMarch 16, 2017
Daily schedules were set. However, the tools and people needed did not match their expectations. Lay offs were given at a drop of a hat. Doesn't matter how good or bad of an employee. Your a number there and if your number is pulled..then out you go.
Pros
Sundays off
Cons
Lay offs at a drop of a hat

Want to know more about GE Energy Management?

Ask a question
good company
Service (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 14, 2017
Great company to work for. benefits are ok. advancement opportunities are available within all GE business units including Power, Healthcare, aviation, etc.
Poor Management
Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PA 15238March 13, 2017
Worked with great people, but management drove the place into the ground with poor decision after poor decision. Quality was paid lip service and nothing more, schedules were more important than doing the job right. If there was a problem, management would invariably up the overtime instead of actually fixing the problems. Sure it was nice to make 50% more than my base salary, but that isn't sustainable. It is no wonder the plant failed and closed.
Pros
Great people and lots of things to learn
Cons
Poor management and too much OT
Constant change
Support Manager (Current Employee) –  OklahomaMarch 11, 2017
GE Oil & Gas is always in turmoil with constant management and structural changes from very intelligent, highly educated but seriously lacking of experience/knowledge within there responsible fields.
In-Experienced leadership consistently attempts to re-invent the wheel which causes chaos with internal flow disruptions. GE high level management appears to have positive directions but does not flow down to the lower level, this only creates increase workloads at lower levels. Upper management continually ask for feed back but never seems to trickle downward?
Pros
unlimited time off
Cons
time off only puts additional stress upon return from any absence
Great opportunity right out of college.
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXMarch 9, 2017
Solid company. I studied GE while in school and I thought it was a great opportunity right out of college. The benefits were good and I thought the retirement options were really solid. I was hired during a boom and I was given a 10% bonus for the cost of living expenses. I of course lost it when the price of oil dropped. The job did unofficially ask you to work more than 40 hours a week but it didn't kill me. However upper management seemed to spend 60 hours a week on the job. I couldn't see myself working that much and being a great husband. I left because I thought that if I was going to end up working that much then I want to do it on my own terms. I left to start my own business. In the oil field I always heard how much greener the grass was on the other side but I'd argue that GE Oil and Gas is a great place to work.
Pros
Pay, 401k, Management
Cons
Oil jobs can be volatile, GE is newer to Oil and Gas
Great Company To Grow With
Molder (Former Employee) –  Somersworth, NHMarch 7, 2017
GE gives plenty of opportunity to grow! I would have like to have seen management get more involved with day to day operations in order to keep employees moving and working up to their potential.
Good
Functional Tool Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 26, 2017
My manager was pretty hands off once a task was set but was always available for any questions. I made my own hours and enjoyed the environment.
Great place to work at
Turbine Technician/ (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 22, 2017
Always something different and very exciting. always learning new things and treated like family. Benefits are great and had a lot to offer to employee to move up in work area/feild
Pros
benifits
Cons
pay
A Good Place to Work
Contractor/Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Avon, MAFebruary 15, 2017
Working for GE was really great in that I had a competent, smart manager and a supervisor who was the most objective and knowledgeable supervisor I've ever had. GE is in the middle of getting established in Boston, so there's a bit of juggling going on in terms of facilities and people, but I enjoyed working there.
Pros
Good working environment
Great Job learned alot
Senior Lead (Former Employee) –  OKCFebruary 13, 2017
My job was a fast pace environment 12 hr shifts very team driven.I really liked the people I worked with management worked very closely with there employees.
Pros
good pay
Cons
Long Days
Great company
Lead Field Power Delivery & Automation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 10, 2017
Good company to work for long term which helps with growing as an engineer from studies to work experience. Great benefits and management benefits.....

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GE Energy Management. Our community is ready to answer.