GE Healthcare Employee Reviews

Good Company
Engineer (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsJanuary 17, 2018
Good company, enjoyed working with clients, friendly co-workers, sometimes challenging workload, office amenities were ok, good emphasis on employees' safety
Great company 20 years ago
National Accounts Director (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIJanuary 11, 2018
Had to learn to do more with less resources year over year as they continued to downsize or right size to the market conditions. Great working with teams that were engaged and self motivated to take care of customers and provide a long term solution.
Pros
Great job satisfaction working for number 1
Cons
Long hours with limited resources
Good Place to work
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 11, 2018
Good Place to work, got to learn many things from great people with new architectures and road maps for the product i worked in. I suggest people to work here.
Good Environment
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJanuary 10, 2018
I was inexperienced at the time and felt like I could reach out to many resources to help me move forward. I really enjoyed working here and served as a great start as a BA.
Great place to be from
Director of Service (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 10, 2018
GE is a hyper-competitive company where employees get to work with and learn from the best. It is difficult to sustain the pace.and burn-out is common. It can be very difficult to have any type of work-life balance
Pros
Outstanding Peers
Cons
Cut throat competition
Love ge ultrasound
Ultraosund Product Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 9, 2018
Wonderful place to work with excellent benefits and growth opportunity. I love the people, management and all the perks. Company car, cell, ipad, computer, internet. Good stuff!
Great Company for being so large
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTJanuary 9, 2018
worked for a company that was acquired by GE. the culture of the company prior to GE acquiring was awesome. GE definitely changed things but certainly paid well and provided many perks to their employees.
Great workplace environment
Product Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 8, 2018
My position was very competitive. Overall I enjoyed working with 4 different Regional Managers during my 16 Years of Tenure.

Each of my RM's pushed my to also exceed my Goals, and make decisions to further increase business revenue with full support.
Pros
We were allowed to be creative
Cons
n/a
Clinical Applications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WIJanuary 8, 2018
Great management, caring, collaborative work environment. Support to succeed. If you want to better yourself, improve your business skills in a professional way this is a great option.
Management issues
Trainer/Engineering Support/Production (Former Employee) –  PHX, AZJanuary 7, 2018
Resources, production schedules and Management issues created multiple problems for production floor employees. Quality and environment safety issues. Employee resources and sick time allowance was minimal.
Pros
Needed a job
Cons
No real respect
It's ok
BMET II (Current Employee) –  NahhhhJanuary 4, 2018
It's a job. Pay could be better. Vacation and benefits are really good. Managers are hit or miss. Unclear directions at time. Good internship opportunity.
Fast Paced, energetic environment, making a difference in moments that matter
Engineering QA Manager Imaging Subsystems (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 2, 2018
GE Healthcare is not for everyone.
A strong culture where the only constant is change and a drive for continuous improvement based on data.
GE has traditionally been a place where if you see a need you can fill you can do the work.
Pros
challenging work
Cons
flat structure
slow relaxed placed to work
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Aurora, OHJanuary 1, 2018
relaxed placed to work not very faced paced.non union they don't seem to really value seniority or employees that have years of service have seen too many people with 10-15 yrs let go for minor infractions.
benefits
Cons
no union dont seem to value workers with seniority
Multivendor Sales/Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXDecember 29, 2017
I took MV parts sales from $5000/year to $2000000/year. Learning the MV culture, producing marketing material, developing customer base and buying equipment were a small part of my duties.
Pros
Working with people
Cons
Time lines
Toxic environment, total chaos and anarchy
Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WIDecember 29, 2017
Lack of direction - cut throat. Management motivates by threats of layoffs or discipline. People just don't do their job if they don't feel like it. terrible environment.
Pros
some good people
Cons
horrible management and lack of direction. Much overtime.
GE is a good company but lacks career growth options.
Database Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORDecember 29, 2017
GE is a solid highly professional operation as you might expect given its size and history. However, the trade-off for job stability is career stagnation. Advancement is only offered by job changes and not encouraged by training or education opportunities. The caliber of employees you work with is not as high as a place like Intel or Apple, but still very high. The management team changes often and each new regime promotes the same theme with a new look. No real progress toward growth as the attitude favors cost savings over outcomes. This means that we are understaffed to the point where we do not have the time to learn new technologies or replace ancient code bases. There is no depth of experience as this is a non-valued commodity, our best engineers have been forced out by relocation demands or just left as better opportunities from outside easily cherry-picked our ranks. Many people have been here for 10+ years with little or no advancement.
Pros
Stable, low pressure
Cons
Lack of career growth opportunities, training, and education.
Senior data migration specialist
SENIOR DATA MIGRATION SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, CODecember 28, 2017
Work with internal and external teams toward a project plan to migrate large quantities of data to/from servers, new softwares or new software versions.
Excellent place to work.
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Issaquah, WADecember 26, 2017
This was a wonderful place to work and I would have stayed there if I did not have to relocate. Salary is fair and the employees are great. I would recommend working for this company to anyone.
Good place to work.
Senior embedded software engineer (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDDecember 20, 2017
Worked with very smart and well trained and productive engineers. Good work and life balance. Product quality is always at the first place. People are friendly.
Pros
Benefits are good. People are smart and positive.
Cons
Out of date office layouts such as cube walls are so high.
Interesting place to work...fast pace and exciting with ping pong table and Foosball table.
Materials Logistics Specialist I (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 19, 2017
Good company to work for, unfortunately for El Paso employees all the growth is in the Mexican side of the boarder so there is little to no room for advancement.
Pros
Good pay and great benefits.
Cons
No room for advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GE Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.