GE Healthcare Employee Reviews

Good Company with Many Benefits, High Expectations
Sr. Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 23, 2017
GE Healthcare is a great company to work for, but you sacrifice your work/life balance to achieve your quotas. The company has many mechanisms to help you succeed, but it can be difficult to navigate and find those resources. The team is known to have many conference calls and it can be very overwhelming to new hires. New hires, who are used to being a "lone-wolf" can struggle with this. This is probably one of the hardest parts of the job. It can also be difficult to build your internal network or brand. It is a huge company and it can be difficult to find the answers that you need sometimes. The most enjoyable part of the job is the financial rewards. Good pay for good performance, but the company keeps pushing quotas to the extremes, which makes it very difficult to reach your plan each year. There is constant pressure for performance in a highly competitive and volatile industry.
Benefits
High Paced
Director of Service (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 21, 2017
Service Delivery in Healthcare Environment. Geographical Territory. Requires Solid Organizational and Communication Skills at various levels both internally and externally
Big business
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oneonta, NYFebruary 21, 2017
Overall good place to work. I was in charge of two sites, and had a hard time getting an FTE to cover the second, remote site. I attribute that more to the location, than the management.
Great company
Parts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 20, 2017
GE healthcare is a great branch of GE to work for. Great environment to work in, great employees as well as fantastic benefits.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
strict dress code
hello
Sunrise System Consultant (Former Employee) –  AnywhereFebruary 9, 2017
Yes, I the right person for the job great company to work for treat everyone fair. I cannot say enough about the company and I would love to work here again
Pros
work
Cons
work hard
Great name behind the company, opens doors
National Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 1, 2017
3-4 days on the road
Big company slow to change direction
Very poor leadership, no regard to Job work/life balance
The bottom line is everything
Getting the support needed in a timely fashion
Great results and happy customers
Pros
Great compensation
Cons
Poor work/life balance
Great company.
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Barrington, ILJanuary 23, 2017
Great Company, culture. They are a global company. Leardership hierarchy is quite flat. Everybody's expertise, advice counts. Vacation times are very flexible.
Pros
Great overall.
Cons
They are relocating to downtown Chicago.
Contract Employee
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIJanuary 23, 2017
I did not work for GE Healthcare directly, but indirectly through CompuCom Systems Inc. Learned how to take apart and repair notebook computers.
Pros
Great people, great environment, great work-life balance.
Cons
Hourly wage could've been better.
Great company to work for, but they are closing the Barrington facility in September 2017
Shipping / Receiving - Logistics Manager (Current Employee) –  Barrington, ILJanuary 20, 2017
I move around a lot during the day. Start the day in receiving , and move back and forth throughout the day between shipping and receiving. Also spend a significant amount of times with order management issues. And also complete a cycle count of the enitre inventory once a week
Pros
Great place to work, great people to work with
Cons
Just like any other work place, typical challenges faced during the work day
A lot expected
Multi-Vendor Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chicago District and Greenville, NCJanuary 18, 2017
A lot expected but also a lot provided. Got thrown to the wolfes initially, but training started trickling in. It was truly Multi-Vendor, Multi-Modality. One of the first training courses I went to was the PHILIPS Integris Cathlab and Vascular Lab. Next I attended the GE Core products classes of the Advantix and Legacy. Next we ventured into the AGFA/Centricity CR. After that training was provided on all of the GE Mammography products. In addition I learned the digital 500D R/F system. Last but not least I attended the MRI training.
Pros
Excellent training
Cons
Management changes often.
Very nice place to work
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 14, 2017
This is a very large Health System in the City. It is my first time working in the city. Since this was a new account it was very challenging, I was able to accomplish the task wit my many years of experience.
Pros
Great Experiance
Cons
Handling the entire system
Decent co-workers but no growth nor future.
Production Tech II (Current Employee) –  South Plainfield, NJJanuary 3, 2017
The management team is apathetic, with a couple exceptions. They seem unaware of everyday operations and are too amorous with delegating. And will give bad raises, even though we have broken revenue record for four straight years. There is also no incentive to be ambitious as you will take on more responsibilities without receiving any credit. I also highly doubt this worksite will be a great reference for future positions because of the fact that the place is looking to transfer product manufacturing to another site in three years and shut mine down. But the co-workers are interesting and we operate like a well-oiled machine. If you need to stay late to get other things done, supervisors are lenient.
Pros
Good co-workers, some flexibility with overtime
Cons
Bad benefits, factory shutdown is imminent, and no growth.
good place to work for
DPM Technician (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTDecember 29, 2016
really good place to work, the benefits are great. the only problem is they have a hard time developing there inner talent and don't keep up with the cost of leaving with the wages.
Enjoy working with the people I work with
Sterilizer Technician/Biomedical Technician II (Current Employee) –  WisconsinDecember 29, 2016
What I learned is expect the unexpected because you never know what your going to fix or how it got broken. I enjoy working with my coworkers,great knowledge of the equipment.
The most enjoyable part of my job is troubleshooting a piece of equipment that is not working or not working properly and repairing it and testing it to make sure it works properly
Pros
Large Corporation more opportunity
Cons
Large corporation hard to really get to know the your coworkers
Biomed
Biomedical Equipment Technician III (Current Employee) –  Enid, OKDecember 27, 2016
There is no job advancement. When you work as a biomed this is as far as you can go. The pay is ok when you start but with annual pay raise does not reflect job performance. Weather you do a great job or a bad job you will get the same pay raise. Unless you work in WI or TX you will never be considered for another position. In the the past 3 years I have never meet the new boss. The last 4 that we had visited us at least 4 times a year. They don't care if you gain more education while employed with them and will not increase pay for gaining more skills. They are very top heavy on management.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Good old boy club, will never promote from with in. Pay is poor.
Productive and fun place with great people
CLINICAL DATA ENTRY OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJDecember 25, 2016
I entered data for clinical research
I learned all about the research side of medicine
I had a great management team, who was always helpful
I find all my co-workers to be very nice and always very helpful
I find the hardest part of my job to be know we were doing clinical research on cancer
I find every day with my team very enjoyable
Good job culture
Imaging Modality Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 20, 2016
work and life balance, compensation and benefits are very good. Job security one of the best. Growing amazing company. Management and business administration like no other. Competitive and career focused.
Fortune 100 company with clear growth strategy
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 18, 2016
GE has a strong corporate culture. They are seeking to be digital industrial leader and have a big emphasis on simplification.
Cons
No set amount of paid time off
Excellent company
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 14, 2016
Great company to work for with a good balance of work to family life. always being educated in new products and encouraged to move forward. Management is free thinking. People are given the tools to enable good relations with customers.
Nice easy and clam place to work
Business Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Jupiter, FLDecember 10, 2016
Productive and easy going workplace with positive people. Loved to be apart of a professional team that was micromanaged. There was seemingly room for continuous growth in the company.
Pros
training and equipment provided
Cons
job security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GE Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.