GE Lighting

GE Lighting Employee Reviews

Jr. Buyer
Junior Buyer (Former Employee), Burgaw, NCJune 22, 2015
Ordering components to meet the needs of production on the AS400 system.

Inventory reconciliations, assisted on the floor if needed to complete an order because they were short handed
You can learn here a lot
Design Engineer (Former Employee), ClevelandApril 18, 2015
Pros: Challenging, fast pace, good team
Cons: continuous changes in projects, could pay more
This company is changing fast,
so people have to get used to the change fast
The team is great, nice people.
Management is good, but strict.
It's a challenging environment
productive packaging company
Temporary Employee (Former Employee), Batesville, INJanuary 24, 2015
I would go to work receive instructions on what to do whether it be relabeling, repackaging, changing the plastic and cardboard, balers, repackaging product (which required a new box and the old boxes and plastic to be thrown in the balers) and cleaning up my work space at the end of the day
Great workplace, great people, great pay
Warehouse Associate/Alternate Supervisor (Current Employee), Batesville, INJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: great people, occasional free lunches, great pay
Cons: overtime during certain times of the years was ongoing for a long period of time. example, 7 to 14 days in a row for 12 hours each day, but overall was not bad.
During my time at GE Lighting, I have enjoyed the different experiences I have had, great benefits, and workplace. Sad to be leaving, but the plant is closing January 23, 2015.
GE is a good place to work
Engineer - OEM Project Manager (Current Employee), East Cleveland, OHOctober 24, 2014
Good people here. That is the key thing. You can count on every team member here. Advancement is a bit limited, there are only so many places at the top. This is a VERY big fishbowl - be prepared to be a small fish.
Manufacturing Engineer
Manufacturing Engineer - Intern (Former Employee), goldsboro, ncJuly 27, 2014
created material efficiency tracking system and purposed manufacturing improvements to management
EE Intern (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHJanuary 24, 2014
Working with many smart people in a positive work environment.
GE Lighting is a good place to work.
Transportation Manager (Current Employee), Batesville, INJanuary 22, 2014
GE Lighting is a good place to work. I get along with pretty much all my co-workers and employees I manage. A typical day at work is extremely busy and I have learned that management is not for me. I loved my job while I was in Shipping and Receiving as an Admin Assistant. I hardest part of my job is managing my employees after being their peer for almost 5 years, then becoming their manager. I thoroughly enjoy working in shipping and receiving.
Great people and awesome job
Lighting Designer (Former Employee), East Flat Rock, NCOctober 10, 2013
Constantly evolving workplace that keeps you on the edge of your seat. It was a great experience to try and keep up with the never ending demands of customers. No two projects were alike and the people were great.
It a manfacturer of light bulbs and will be closing in Jan 2014
Production Team Member- Jobs I (Current Employee), Warren, OhioOctober 8, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: plant is closing
I am currently working in quality control. The job requires me to take samples off the production line and check for the working quality of the lamp. The different defects that can cause a lamp not to work.
Management is very helpful in explaining the process, along with requiring safety while in the work place. The co-workers have been a joy to work with. I get along with most of them. The hardest part of my job is calling out the defects that an inspector has passed to go out the door. The most enjoyable part of the job is to be able to communicate with the people I have been working with for the past 16 yrs.
GE Lighting was a great company to work for while people care for each other
EHS Manager (Current Employee), East Flat Rock, NCAugust 8, 2013
Pros: benefits, nice folks, healthcare, excitement, excellent culture
I enjoyed my time at GE. Great company to work for. And I would recommend to anyone.

About GE Lighting

We bring good things to life. Our mission is to delight our customers by providing the best in Lighting Solutions. – More from ZoomInfo »