GE Lighting Employee Reviews

Many opportunities within the company
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 18, 2017
GE is a great company to work for. The opportunity to be involved in the Financial Management Program was one of a kind. Unfortunately, I wanted to be relocated back to Grand Rapids to be close to family.
Very Productive and laid back
Operations Project Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 25, 2017
Excellent position, learned alot about Lighting and Installations, also, project coordinating for major clients and key team player for project management from beginning to end.
Only negative was it was a 1.2 yr contracted position.
Pros
Professional Atmosphere
Cons
Contracted
Good company
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 17, 2017
Enjoyed working at GE. Learned a lot; management supportive. Fast paced but enjoyable. Given the opportunity to improve, if needed. Very fair pay and review system.
Best job i ever had, wonderful experience!!
Warehouse Production Worker/ Inventory Control (Former Employee) –  Batesville IndianaJune 29, 2017
Was a great atmosphere to work in, we were a good team everybody knew there job well. We had great management they were there to help us in everyway. Each day we had a quota to meet and we always seem to make it. Really miss GE Lighting wish it was still Open! A lot of the guys that I worked there with are at GE aircraft now. Hope to join them soon.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Plant shut down
Laid back
Packaging (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 9, 2017
I like the laid back atmosphere and the summer hours - what a bonus for a company to have that as an option! That shows their understanding of a work-life balance.
great workplace
assembler /paint line (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCMarch 7, 2017
great place to work but they just couldnt promise anything full time they kept me as a temp. and would lay me off and bring me back over and over again
Ge life
Shipper/Receiver/Coordinator (Current Employee) –  East Flat Rock, NCFebruary 24, 2017
I worked at ge since I was 19 now I'm 45. Enough said. People retire there bottom line. It's been a great job for my family. Benifts are great.
Pros
Longevity
Cons
Very little
Tough place to work
Photometric Technician/Various (Former Employee) –  East Flat Rock, NCFebruary 23, 2017
A typical work day has you performing the work of three or four people, never saying "that's not my job" because you will be out the door. Learning new things at every turn because someone else is overloaded and can't get to what you need so you have to do it your self, and if you make it through the work week you may still get a pink slip on Friday.
Pros
Great insurance and benefites.
Cons
Stress is uncontrolled
Great Experience
Office Manager/Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCDecember 8, 2016
I enjoyed my time at GE Lighting but feel it is time to move on due to downsizing. I will miss my co-workers. I enjoyed interacting with customers and vendors.
They trusted me with a lot of responsibility. Treated me with respect and a great work environment
Communications Intern & Council Member (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 7, 2016
They gave me a job and trusted that I'd run with it. They never had doubts in my ability to perform. This was an extremely great company to work for and I am thankful to have taken away so much experience. The variety of my job responsibilities made it fun and different every day.
Very different work environment than anything I've been apart of
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  East Cleveland, OHSeptember 15, 2016
Co-workers were very helpful and supportive in trying to help me accomplish goals. Everyone from the people I was working with to those I just saw in the halls were nice.
Pros
Interesting, cool projects
Cons
Isolated depending on where you work
Very productive fun environment
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Charleston, TNAugust 31, 2016
Good job friendly people. its Fast paced and laid back. Management is good and not uptight.Parking was good as well. Get to eat good provided meals on the holidays.
Pros
Break timing
Cons
not enough overtime
Designed for motivated, open minded people
PROCESS/LEAN ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILJanuary 21, 2016
I've worked for several companies, GE was so far the most enjoyable. I was encouraged to work hard in every scenario without someone looking over my shoulder. They place you into a challenging situation and you control the outcome. People were good listeners and enjoyed their work life balance. GE is massive and rather than most companies who treat them like numbers, they cared from them from beginning till end.
Fun place to work with electronic dart board.
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 10, 2015
Being flexible and adapting to change is a typical day and I learn to re-prioritize. Management does not micro-manage. Co-worker are my team players t help strategize. The hardest part is figuring out what takes priority when there are several at one time that are priority. The most enjoyable is knowing at the end of the day job well done.
Pros
On campus cafeteria, team building event, travel
Cons
Better Dental Coverage
Excellent Working Environment
Sr. Account Manager, Consumer Channel (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 6, 2015
Overall a good experience with all facets of the business, across both internal and external customers. Constant reinforcement and recognition of efforts well done
Pros
Great work environment
friendly, productive work place
Packer/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCOctober 10, 2015
My work day was most of the time fun but productive. I also learned how to run many new machines that I did not know how to run before working there. My coworkers were very outgoing at their jobs and were always willing to help me when I had a question or didn't know how to do something. They were also very friendly, they would also help me when I had my off days when something was going on outside of work. The management team were very easy going but when it was time to be professional they were.
Pros
some free lunches
Traditional Lighting is dying
Lead System Engineer/Project Leader (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 11, 2015
People in traditional lighting section are treated poorly. They helped the business to transform to new technology but end of losing jobs. Company does not take care of these valuable individuals.
Jr. Buyer
Junior Buyer (Former Employee) –  Burgaw, NCJune 22, 2015
Ordering components to meet the needs of production on the AS400 system.

Inventory reconciliations, assisted on the floor if needed to complete an order because they were short handed
You can learn here a lot
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  ClevelandApril 18, 2015
This company is changing fast,
so people have to get used to the change fast
The team is great, nice people.
Management is good, but strict.
It's a challenging environment
Pros
Challenging, fast pace, good team
Cons
continuous changes in projects, could pay more
productive packaging company
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Batesville, INJanuary 24, 2015
I would go to work receive instructions on what to do whether it be relabeling, repackaging, changing the plastic and cardboard, balers, repackaging product (which required a new box and the old boxes and plastic to be thrown in the balers) and cleaning up my work space at the end of the day