GE Lighting Employee Reviews

Very different work environment than anything I've been apart of
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  East Cleveland, OHSeptember 15, 2016
Co-workers were very helpful and supportive in trying to help me accomplish goals. Everyone from the people I was working with to those I just saw in the halls were nice.
Pros
Interesting, cool projects
Cons
Isolated depending on where you work
Very productive fun environment
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Charleston, TNAugust 31, 2016
Good job friendly people. its Fast paced and laid back. Management is good and not uptight.Parking was good as well. Get to eat good provided meals on the holidays.
Pros
Break timing
Cons
not enough overtime
Designed for motivated, open minded people
PROCESS/LEAN ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILJanuary 21, 2016
I've worked for several companies, GE was so far the most enjoyable. I was encouraged to work hard in every scenario without someone looking over my shoulder. They place you into a challenging situation and you control the outcome. People were good listeners and enjoyed their work life balance. GE is massive and rather than most companies who treat them like numbers, they cared from them from beginning till end.
Fun place to work with electronic dart board.
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 10, 2015
Being flexible and adapting to change is a typical day and I learn to re-prioritize. Management does not micro-manage. Co-worker are my team players t help strategize. The hardest part is figuring out what takes priority when there are several at one time that are priority. The most enjoyable is knowing at the end of the day job well done.
Pros
On campus cafeteria, team building event, travel
Cons
Better Dental Coverage
Excellent Working Environment
Sr. Account Manager, Consumer Channel (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 6, 2015
Overall a good experience with all facets of the business, across both internal and external customers. Constant reinforcement and recognition of efforts well done
Pros
Great work environment
friendly, productive work place
Packer/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCOctober 10, 2015
My work day was most of the time fun but productive. I also learned how to run many new machines that I did not know how to run before working there. My coworkers were very outgoing at their jobs and were always willing to help me when I had a question or didn't know how to do something. They were also very friendly, they would also help me when I had my off days when something was going on outside of work. The management team were very easy going but when it was time to be professional they were.
Pros
some free lunches
Traditional Lighting is dying
Lead System Engineer/Project Leader (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 11, 2015
People in traditional lighting section are treated poorly. They helped the business to transform to new technology but end of losing jobs. Company does not take care of these valuable individuals.
Jr. Buyer
Junior Buyer (Former Employee) –  Burgaw, NCJune 22, 2015
Ordering components to meet the needs of production on the AS400 system.

Inventory reconciliations, assisted on the floor if needed to complete an order because they were short handed
You can learn here a lot
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  ClevelandApril 18, 2015
This company is changing fast,
so people have to get used to the change fast
The team is great, nice people.
Management is good, but strict.
It's a challenging environment
Pros
Challenging, fast pace, good team
Cons
continuous changes in projects, could pay more
productive packaging company
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Batesville, INJanuary 24, 2015
I would go to work receive instructions on what to do whether it be relabeling, repackaging, changing the plastic and cardboard, balers, repackaging product (which required a new box and the old boxes and plastic to be thrown in the balers) and cleaning up my work space at the end of the day
Great workplace, great people, great pay
Warehouse Associate/Alternate Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Batesville, INJanuary 19, 2015
During my time at GE Lighting, I have enjoyed the different experiences I have had, great benefits, and workplace. Sad to be leaving, but the plant is closing January 23, 2015.
Pros
great people, occasional free lunches, great pay
Cons
overtime during certain times of the years was ongoing for a long period of time. example, 7 to 14 days in a row for 12 hours each day, but overall was not bad.
GE is a good place to work
Engineer - OEM Project Manager (Current Employee) –  East Cleveland, OHOctober 24, 2014
Good people here. That is the key thing. You can count on every team member here. Advancement is a bit limited, there are only so many places at the top. This is a VERY big fishbowl - be prepared to be a small fish.
Manufacturing Engineer
Manufacturing Engineer - Intern (Former Employee) –  goldsboro, ncJuly 27, 2014
created material efficiency tracking system and purposed manufacturing improvements to management
EE Intern (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 24, 2014
Working with many smart people in a positive work environment.
Great people and awesome job
Lighting Designer (Former Employee) –  East Flat Rock, NCOctober 10, 2013
Constantly evolving workplace that keeps you on the edge of your seat. It was a great experience to try and keep up with the never ending demands of customers. No two projects were alike and the people were great.
It a manfacturer of light bulbs and will be closing in Jan 2014
Production Team Member- Jobs I (Current Employee) –  Warren, OhioOctober 8, 2013
I am currently working in quality control. The job requires me to take samples off the production line and check for the working quality of the lamp. The different defects that can cause a lamp not to work.
Management is very helpful in explaining the process, along with requiring safety while in the work place. The co-workers have been a joy to work with. I get along with most of them. The hardest part of my job is calling out the defects that an inspector has passed to go out the door. The most enjoyable part of the job is to be able to communicate with the people I have been working with for the past 16 yrs.
Pros
good pay
Cons
plant is closing
GE Lighting was a great company to work for while people care for each other
EHS Manager (Current Employee) –  East Flat Rock, NCAugust 8, 2013
I enjoyed my time at GE. Great company to work for. And I would recommend to anyone.
Pros
benefits, nice folks, healthcare, excitement, excellent culture
Great Company with excellent benefits
PCL - Process Center Leader (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCMarch 12, 2013
A great company to work for with excellent benefits. However, long hours and shift work. Plant closed down in 2011.