GE Oil & Gas Employee Reviews

Challenging, fast-paced environment
Senior Business Process Manager (Current Employee) –  Lufkin, TXNovember 17, 2017
This company offers big challenges in a fast-paced, matrix environment where innovation and engagement are highly valued. The Agile approach to “getting things done” is the predominant methodology. Job mobility and progression is encouraged.
As a Contract Employee...
Engineering Change Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 15, 2017
As a contract employee, I received the exact same treatment as any other employee with the exception that I was not offered any benefits and did not get any paid holidays. I was allowed to work extra hours to compensate the hours I would have lost during an unpaid holiday, but that was the extent of my benefits. As a contract employee, I am going to be one of the first let go if something goes south.
Pros
work environment is mild but always busy
Cons
its a contract job. No room for advancement. no benefits.
Good company & coworkers
Materials Planning & Execution Manager (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXNovember 15, 2017
Company has great benefits and opportunities across the US. The issues with Oil & Gas is that there are people outside of the industry making decisions for the business direction, which negatively impact day to day functions.
very very clean work enviroment
Cooper Cameron Machinist, Lead (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXNovember 15, 2017
good place to work, and learn. fellow employees were easy to get along with. it was a good learning experience as I was taught l how to file reports on SAP.
Pros
all about safety
Cons
hot in the summer cold in the winter
Na
Combination Pipe Welder (Former Employee) –  Schertz, TXNovember 13, 2017
This place I would not recommend to work. The management does not care about its employees. There is so much nepotism that goes on with the management. Worst place I've ever worked.
Great work place
Lead Supervisor/Operator (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXNovember 9, 2017
Was a great job to wake up to had great benefits was a dream job loved everything that I did always something to do and learn great co-workers family friendly.
Pros
great job
Cons
it ending
Easy Going
DOCUMENT SCANNER AND DATA BOOK BUILDER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 8, 2017
Very easy going job
Not only how to become an data book builder but learn about what NDE, work orders and various other documentation
Management continued to change a lot but they would give space to work
Pros
ability to work freely
Cons
being laid off
Poor management and too top heavy
Technical Product Manager (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CANovember 7, 2017
Way too top heavy with poor management. They don't employ the right personnel because they don't pay as well as other near by offices. Processes are still preventing anything from getting done in a reasonable time. Most low level employees are great to work with but management over works everyone.
Laid off
Accounts Receivable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WINovember 4, 2017
Was doing great at this job and really like my position. However, when the economy taken in 2009; so did my job with this organization (closed down facility).
Good healthcare
Senior ILI Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 30, 2017
Good healthcare coverage. Immediate level of Management was good. Opportunity of Internal job transfers available but may be limited to Management level.
Pros
Healthcare
Fast Paced
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TX 78132October 29, 2017
Enjoyed working for GE Oil & Gas. Great team work but could use restructure. Benefits were great, however I will say to always get your salary in writing.
Poor EHS Culture
EHS Manager Operational EHS (Former Employee) –  Dickinson, NDOctober 29, 2017
Good people to work with at Dickinson Lufkin office. However, overall management did not support EHS culture. They were more concerned about money and budget.
Satisfying and always room to learn.
Assembly Valve Technician (Former Employee) –  Avon, MAOctober 22, 2017
I would assemble valves and install tubing for the controls to make the valves operate correctly. I learned how to make the valves function and operate in a precise manner so they would not break down. The management was always coming forth in training and over seeing the process in its entirety. The hardest part of my job was assembling as some of the parts were heavy. I enjoyed being able to assemble the product and making sure it worked correctly without breaking down.
After the BHGE Merger
Commercial & Services Analytics Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 20, 2017
Unfortunately, things have changed culturally and functionally after the BHGE merger which has led to several leaders fleeing the organization. Folks have been placed into different roles without consideration of their expertise or existing programs
Competitive & challenging
Senior Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 18, 2017
Ample opportunities to shine on highly complex and technical projects. Multiple high performing individuals drive a culture of excellence. Leadership turnover is a constant issue.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
sub-standard compensation
normal
Artificial Lift Technician (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXOctober 16, 2017
most of the time did not know when or where was your next job site.a lot of hours but little labor. no life on call 24/7 even on holidays. a lot of things to learn
Pros
free food
Cons
a lot of hours
Good company
Pipe Fitter and cutting (Former Employee) –  Schertz, TXOctober 8, 2017
working at GE was a great experience, it was a friendly environment and there was room for growth.
the management on the floor could have been a little better, but it was not the worst
Pros
great benefits
Poor managment
Shipper/Receiver III (Former Employee) –  16250 Port Northwest DrOctober 4, 2017
managers were doing very good when it was at the other company that was before until GE came along and fired all the personal with the experience and business went down and were doing lay offs and then it came to me. What ever that they had promise to get better and more money and no raise for 3 years.
could be more productive in some jobs
Shipping and Receiving Clerk-shop person (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYOctober 4, 2017
We were laid off-
not sure if GE had a good feel for the business
shipping was a challenge that I enjoyed
also at times the most difficult
safety is a primary concern
did not seem to have same rules for different jobs--as far as
productivity.
Open to advancement
HSE Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 3, 2017
Worked in this company for over 5 years. Harsh lay-offs due to O&G business climate. There are multiple avenues for advancement if you are willing to work within the system.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GE Oil & Gas. Our community is ready to answer.