GE Oil & Gas Employee Reviews

good company, easy job flow and good enviroment
QUALITY CONTROL INSPECTOR (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 6, 2016
GE over all is a good company they pay for certification and help you with a lot like education and assistance with family, work is good and scheduling is good, they work with you if you have family issues and will help any way they can, little micro managing but push you to be a leader and set the pace for others. benefits are good, health dental vision ect, discounts on GE products and insurance for car, home and life. good work environment and excellent open door policy, they reward the hard working and let the coaster pace at their own desire. paid holidays and 2 floating holidays to take in conjunction with paid holidays 14 days paid vacation a year.
Pros
free classes to better your career, tuition reembursement, rerlaxed work enviroment
Cons
dont pay what your worth, and wont help change your pay rate
Nice company
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 18, 2016
GE has great benefits and they pay well too. When things are good, they are good. When it's slow, watch out. It's a great company to work for but business is business. I'd recommend this company. Room for advancement too.
Pros
benefits, pay
Cons
management
I loved my job and the people I worked with we were like family.
Senior Production Planner/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Pineville, LAOctober 18, 2016
I was employed with GE Oil & Gas for nine years. What I loved most about the company was we ALWAYS worked as a team. ALWAYS working with others to achieve a common goal.
Pros
Career advancments, great benefits
great company
Supply chain (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 2, 2016
good benefits, great co-workers, opportunities for the future and team that desires to succeed. I would recommend this company to anyone looking to grow their career.
not a reliable company
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 19, 2016
This company has poor management skills. they play favoritism to certain employees. This is a company you can not grow with in. Pay doesn't match the work.
Pros
bonuses and free lunches
Cons
low pay raises
Productive for what they offered
Documentation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pineville, LAAugust 30, 2016
I would love to work with this company full time and get hired permanently. This particular plant is closing and will now be located in Jacksonville Florida. This plant will no longer be union and will now be considered a non union plant.
Pros
Large company with good benefits if you can get hired permanently.
Cons
Temporary employment
Many Opportunities
Lead Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 8, 2017
GE is a very large company with many different opportunities for whatever you may be interested in. The benefits are excellent and the pay was great.
Outstanding Corporate Structure. Problematic new division support
Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 11, 2016
I believe General Electric as a whole, is one of the best to work for in the entire world. The problem seems to be within some of the outlying or new departments such as Oil and Gas.
Pros
Outstanding Pay and benefits
Cons
Lacking corporate support or direction for new acquired site locations.
You learn a lot but you work out
Assembly Technician (Current Employee) –  Fairmont, WVMarch 31, 2016
When the market is up your constantly working long hours but long hours means a lot more money. Most of the co workers are great to work with which is good because sometimes the place can get overwhelming with the work load. Management is constantly hovering over you about work even when you have finished a job.
Pros
OT when the market is up, you learn a lot
Cons
Hard to move up, and you hours and raises depends on the market
strong and well established slickline outfit
SLICKLINE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Alice, TXJune 6, 2016
I lined up and loaded out jobs. I supervised slickline crew and then operated slickline unit. Made sure all OSHA regulations were followed; trouble shoot any problems with slickline unit and downhole tools.
Pros
excellent benefits, great job bonuses
Cons
shop was an hour away from my house
Review
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 20, 2016
This company has it's ups and downs just like any other company. Working in Customer Care, there are constant changes and shifts in management which keeps us with questions due to inconsistent leadership. It started us off with us being more focused on the customer to morphing into a major call center (in which they told us this wasn't). There's always SOMEthing to do. If not, they'll find something to keep you busy (which I don't mind).
This company's management is the only downfall. Some leaders abuse their title. Micromanaging <
However, aside from the negatives, I have learned an awful lot. The constant changes keep me on my game and ensure that I put forth the best work.
Pros
My Working Team
Cons
The Call Center Environment, Management
Productive and fun way to work.
Lead Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Broussard, LAApril 13, 2016
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Ge in my area was run by a corrupt manager who put his friends first and put them in posistions of management and power.
Senior Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Kiethville louisianaSeptember 29, 2016
I was let go by montie Morris who let his belief in anot her employees ability even when he knew he want doing what he was supposed to be doing. He covered up his drug use and his not showing up on location and not performing. I do not write this review in anger but in truth. I do not wish to slander GE oil and gas. GE I'm sure in a different area would of proved to be a good company to work for. The management does need to look into the management in the Shreveport area.
Worst place I have ever worked!
Pipefitter Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Schertz, TXAugust 6, 2016
These guys have absolutely no idea how to run an industrial construction project. They have NOONE above the floor level supervisors that have ever done any Oil and Gas work. Most are from other divisions in GE such as aircraft engine, train manufacturing, appliances.
They create an atmosphere of complete chaos due to inablity to plan accurately and a refusal to change schedules based on the reality of a situation. One has to argue constantly just to be able to do your job along established construction methods!
Add to that the pay is incredibly poor and you have an exciting career (if you are looking for low pay, no appreciation of your work or skills, and no recognition of your work!).
Pros
Very clean place in New Braunfels!
Cons
Everything else.
Low moral. Difficult work enviornment. Poor cooperation between departments.
Engineering (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 27, 2016
Difficult work culture and environment overall. People are set in there ways and not open to change or new ideas. Very petty events occur behind the scenes with sabotage a very real problem. Many layers of management with difficulty getting cooperation between departments.
Pros
GE believes in training and education.
Cons
Oil & Gas is in a serious business downturn.
Good place to work.I would recommend GE for employment
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 8, 2016
Good Company to work for, salary is good. Good working environment. Lack leadership in upper management.Family atmosphere and good employees overall
Good Benefits. Horrible Management
Field Service Tech II (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDSeptember 30, 2015
I was recruited by GE Oil and Gas to further my career and have better benefits then I did at the independent I was working for. Six months into working for them, they shut down our branch and was forced to work, of all places, in Williston, N.D. Rotating out of North Dakota was horrible on my home life. I basically lived in Williston and visited home. Pay was great, but that's about it. During a Medical Leave, they decided to unlawfully terminate my employment. I never received my personal belongings such as my personal tools, clothes and my nice T.V. that my wife had bought and shipped to me for Christmas. It has been very difficult for me to try and find a job due to the tag of termination stamped on me though I was on FMLA approved leave.
Pros
Benefits Package and Pay
Cons
Management is a joke. Politics.
Very good place to pick up oil production experience
Pressure Tester (Former Employee) –  2263 Logos Ct Grand Junction CO 81505October 13, 2016
Working at G.E Oil & Gas was a great chance to learn how the production side of the Oil industry works. My day would start by making sure all my equipment was calibrated and would test to spec. Next would be to test, paint, and assemble or fix vales depending on what was needed for the day. I was very happy to learn how to pressure test equipment and build it. The crew was very helpful with any question one would have. I would say the job it self was not hard but maybe just having to meet deadlines of high volume was sometimes difficult. The best part of the job was that as a team we did the best work for our company.
laid back workplace
Material Handler II (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 23, 2016
laid back workplace, challenging, control of career path. annual raises are nice, holidays off are good, communication needs to be better.
Pros
good healthcare
Cons
long hours, work weekends
Rights & Wrongs but then again there everywhere
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVNovember 18, 2016
The company as a company you could not ask for anything more!!!
But when it came to the people running it it got (NOWHERE)
It's not the type of work you would want to do if you want to have much of a home life..
But for some people like me i loved nothing more then being put out on a location for 35 to 55 hours @ a time ending the work week with over 100 hours..
YES SIR i'll take it all
Pros
Great company to be with
Cons
Wrong people running it

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GE Oil & Gas. Our community is ready to answer.