GE Oil & Gas

GE Oil & Gas Employee Reviews

Stressful
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee), Lufkin, TXAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Close to home
Cons: unknowledgable upper management
Enjoyed working with all co-workers. Inline Manager was great. Created quotes for outside sales team. Hardest part of day was worrying about being laid off.
Great Company
Assembly Technician I / Material Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 16, 2015
Pros: bonus
Cons: short breaks
Able to balance work and home life while working. Pay is pretty good no complaints.The bonus was a nice motivation for the hourly employees.
not enough upward opportunity. its all about s-kissing
Lead Material Planner (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 28, 2015
opportunities are for those who love to spend all their time to network with managers and not doing what the business is required.

vacation days are generous at day 1. salary is low.
GE Oil & Gas is a structured company to work for.
Manufacturing Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 19, 2015
GE is building the world by providing capital, expertise and infrastructure for a global economy. GE Capital has provided billions in financing so businesses can build and grow their operations and consumers can build their financial futures. We build appliances, lighting, power systems and other products that help millions of homes, offices, factories and retail facilities around the world work better.
Everyone looks depressed
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 3, 2015
It is a difficult place to work. Management direction isn't clear. Reporting structures are strange. Responsibilities are not well understood
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Muncy, PAJune 25, 2015
Great place to work, nice facility, great supervisor and regional manager. Nice co-workers overall a nice place to work
Actively Changing with many Development Opprotunities
Engineering Black Belt (Current Employee), Connersville, INJune 17, 2015
There is an extraordinary amount of development opportunities within GE and with a good manager, these training are plentiful for high performing employees. GE has a lot structure and sometimes seems there are processes in place only so some people can have their jobs and the process adds no value to the business; many opportunities for improvement.
Good people with poor management
Production Operator (Former Employee), Casper, WYJune 11, 2015
Pros: Work clothes and laundry provided
Cons: Some tooling and shop supplies are hard to get
You get to work with a great bunch of people. The only drawback is the management does nothing to improve the poor moral. The shop is the cleanest machine shop I've ever seen with high focus on safety.
Ge assembly tech
Assembly Technician (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 9, 2015
Pros: ok money
Cons: same thing day in day out
This job was very easy with not much room to advance. Almost robotic every day with little change. Not a lot of room for advancement.
I would work in another division if I had my choice.
Hardware/ Software-Test Engineer (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 4, 2015
Pros: Every other Friday off
Cons: Promotion came very slow
It a great company as long as your not in the oilfield business. When GE took over Hydril they changed the product that had shipped for 75 yr.and the changes where not well received by the market.
Never hire full-time
(Contract) Temp Assignment (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 2, 2015
I think GE is a great place to work. My issue is they keep calling me back to work contract, but they never wanted to bring me on full-time.
Great work environment
Global Commercial Excellence Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 27, 2015
GE is a great place to work, I have learned a lot about Oil and Gas products and the functionality. I enjoyed working with both of my direct managers and learned a lot from them. Helping my co-workers was the best part of my job, they were always eager to learn and equally eager to teach me about the business. The hardest part of my job was accommodating other countries with not enough time in the day.
Great Employees and great Work Environment
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 17, 2015
Pros: incredibly fun people you get along with fast
Cons: we get made promises that the bosses couldn't keep.
walking in and everyone says hello. very friendly people at first, but alot of gossip that travles. some true, some not. Employer is a great guy who's fun to talk too and manager who treats me more as a friend than an employee, but is broad when need be.
Good for building your resume/CV
Assembly Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 13, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: expensive cafe, "paid by the hour attitude", no advancements, does not meet deadlines
This company and job combination comes with great benefits. It's a good company to build your resume/CV with. The hourly pay is by far the lowest of the other big corporations. The company almost never makes their completion deadline on any project. I believe it has to do with the Lead Men, and their lack of knowledge; or the fact that 90% of the workers have a "I get paid by the hour" attitude. The hardest part of the job is finding a teammate that's willing to work. Most of the tasks require 2 individuals to complete (according to safety), so finding someone that knows what they're doing, is willing to learn, or doesn't take a 2 hour "restroom" break, is very difficult. If you are hired on as an assembler, the only advancement opportunity you are give is to move to Test, and that doesn't include a pay raise. It's said, once you're in the High Bay, there's no way out, especially if you're qualified/licensed in everything possible. As far as your co-workers and Lead Men, it's like being back in high school. The back stabbing, trash talking, no camaraderie etc.. I even think it may be worst than High School. If you're wanting to work here, I recommend packing your own breakfast and lunch. The cafe prices are extremely high, and the quality of food is horrible. On top of the bad food, the cafeteria service is almost always late and never opens on time. The management isn't bad, they do their best to take care of you and get the job done. The most enjoyable part of the job is the work, there is just so much to be done, and some much learning that can occur. If you need a fresh start in the Oil & Gas Industry, this is the place to start; as long as you can put up with the extra non sense, you're golden.
General Cased Hole Engineer (Former Employee), Victoria, TXMay 11, 2015
Learned to do pump down operations. Days were long as normal. The people were great to work with. I Liked the equipment. it was well maintained.
great culture
Engineering Operations & Quality Leader (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 20, 2015
A leader in quality and innovation. Opportunities to improve processes daily. Enjoyed cultural group gatherings. Enjoyed the global culture within our team
Exceptional company committed to improving the environment and the lives of its employees
Business Security Director (Acting) (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 17, 2015
Leading a security and crisis management organization in a major oil and gas company presents exceptional daily challenges in protecting people, property and assets. Crisis management and business continuity planning entails myriad processes to predict and plan for potential business interruptions to achieve strategic objectives.

Learning is a continual process and requires an active listening environment. Using team synergy, listening and sharing of ideas encourages quick business objective reviews to identify the best path to achieve customer success and the ability to pivot when facing potential roadblocks.

I enjoy working in a collaborative environment with multiple department teams to address project goals and objectives; identify best practices and improvement opportunities.
People I worked with was enjoyed
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee), Berthoud, CoApril 8, 2015
Set my on schedule. Was in the field visiting company men. Worked at Berthoud, Co. The people I worked with was great. Really enjoyed working here.
EHS Leader- West Region
EHS Leader - West Region (Current Employee), Hobbs, NMApril 6, 2015
Facilitate employee engagement and help drive safe culture throughout Permian Basin.
Work with multiple customers to ensure GE Oil & Gas employees are compliant with on site requirements.
Very productive
Applications Engineer (Former Employee), belleville, MIMarch 28, 2015
Pros: free lunch and free gym membership
Cons: non
when you love your job, its fun all day
gained a lot of oil and gas experience
management rocks
co-workers were awesome
no hard part
worked with the CEO, he is awesome
Employees