GE Oil & Gas

GE Oil & Gas Employee Reviews

Great Employees and great Work Environment
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 17, 2015
Pros: incredibly fun people you get along with fast
Cons: we get made promises that the bosses couldn't keep.
walking in and everyone says hello. very friendly people at first, but alot of gossip that travles. some true, some not. Employer is a great guy who's fun to talk too and manager who treats me more as a friend than an employee, but is broad when need be.
Good for building your resume/CV
Assembly Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 13, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: expensive cafe, "paid by the hour attitude", no advancements, does not meet deadlines
This company and job combination comes with great benefits. It's a good company to build your resume/CV with. The hourly pay is by far the lowest of the other big corporations. The company almost never makes their completion deadline on any project. I believe it has to do with the Lead Men, and their lack of knowledge; or the fact that 90% of the workers have a "I get paid by the hour" attitude. The hardest part of the job is finding a teammate that's willing to work. Most of the tasks require 2 individuals to complete (according to safety), so finding someone that knows what they're doing, is willing to learn, or doesn't take a 2 hour "restroom" break, is very difficult. If you are hired on as an assembler, the only advancement opportunity you are give is to move to Test, and that doesn't include a pay raise. It's said, once you're in the High Bay, there's no way out, especially if you're qualified/licensed in everything possible. As far as your co-workers and Lead Men, it's like being back in high school. The back stabbing, trash talking, no camaraderie etc.. I even think it may be worst than High School. If you're wanting to work here, I recommend packing your own breakfast and lunch. The cafe prices are extremely high, and the quality of food is horrible. On top of the bad food, the cafeteria service is almost always late and never opens on time. The management isn't bad, they do their best to take care of you and get the job done. The most enjoyable part of the job is the work, there is just so much to be done, and some much learning that can occur. If you need a fresh start in the Oil & Gas Industry, this is the place to start; as long as you can put up with the extra non sense, you're golden.
General Cased Hole Engineer (Former Employee), Victoria, TXMay 11, 2015
Learned to do pump down operations. Days were long as normal. The people were great to work with. I Liked the equipment. it was well maintained.
great culture
Engineering Operations & Quality Leader (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 20, 2015
A leader in quality and innovation. Opportunities to improve processes daily. Enjoyed cultural group gatherings. Enjoyed the global culture within our team
Exceptional company committed to improving the environment and the lives of its employees
Business Security Director (Acting) (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 17, 2015
Leading a security and crisis management organization in a major oil and gas company presents exceptional daily challenges in protecting people, property and assets. Crisis management and business continuity planning entails myriad processes to predict and plan for potential business interruptions to achieve strategic objectives.

Learning is a continual process and requires an active listening environment. Using team synergy, listening and sharing of ideas encourages quick business objective reviews to identify the best path to achieve customer success and the ability to pivot when facing potential roadblocks.

I enjoy working in a collaborative environment with multiple department teams to address project goals and objectives; identify best practices and improvement opportunities.
People I worked with was enjoyed
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee), Berthoud, CoApril 8, 2015
Set my on schedule. Was in the field visiting company men. Worked at Berthoud, Co. The people I worked with was great. Really enjoyed working here.
EHS Leader- West Region
EHS Leader - West Region (Current Employee), Hobbs, NMApril 6, 2015
Facilitate employee engagement and help drive safe culture throughout Permian Basin.
Work with multiple customers to ensure GE Oil & Gas employees are compliant with on site requirements.
Very productive
Applications Engineer (Former Employee), belleville, MIMarch 28, 2015
Pros: free lunch and free gym membership
Cons: non
when you love your job, its fun all day
gained a lot of oil and gas experience
management rocks
co-workers were awesome
no hard part
worked with the CEO, he is awesome
Got to learn a lot
Lead SAP ABAP (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 27, 2015
I got to learn a lot working with this company. The management was helpful in all ways. Overall i had good exposure and experience.
good place to work
admin (Former Employee), avonMarch 19, 2015
good place to work. really nice& professional people. looks like they just didn't change with the times. GE Announced that they are closing. Oh well
over all job rate
Senior Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 16, 2015
Pros: lunch 30 minutes, 2 -15 minutes breaks, in at 4:30 am off at 3:30 pm
Cons: starting time at 4:30 am
Company is over all good to work for, good over time, health insurance is good, 401K is excellent, but the company is always trying to low ball the employees on the salary, the salary is to low so they can make you or force you to work the overtime so you can make a good pay check, by far this is the company where I work the most for the less money.
Very laid back place to work.
Sales Support Associate (Former Employee), Midland, TXMarch 8, 2015
Pros: on occasions able to work from home
Cons: at times limited guidance
Typical day very busy.
Heavy workload
Very hands off management.
Have to be self motivated
Excellent Co-workers
Limited management guidance
Most enjoyable was no micro management
Very good company
Engineer (Former Employee), SLCMarch 3, 2015
The company is really nice to work for. The people are very friendly. I enjoyed my contract job. I would love to work for them again.
Productive work environment
Contractor (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 3, 2015
A typical day at work is busy with meetings, supplier relationships and supporting the buyers and project managers. In the morning I like to take care of the prioritized work that needsw to be taken care of. I work on my OOR (Open Order Report) at the beginning of the week. I also take care of any invoicing issues that put invoices on hold. The buyers keep me busy supporting them with any issues given. RFQ(Request for Quotes) are sent out through out the day.
great place for gaining experience in a growing market
EHS Technician (Current Employee), Pineville, LAMarch 1, 2015
Pros: great salary
Cons: health insurance
Overall while working for GE OIL has given me true growth opportunity bad allowed me to improve upon my leadership skills
Engineering (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 17, 2015
Great place to learn and grow in a wide variety of products and business. Benefited a lot in my professional and personal life from the well-designed leadership development courses/trainings.
Great Benefits
Training Coordinator-EHS (Former Employee), Shawnee, OKFebruary 17, 2015
The hardest part of the job was losing it. Very structured and tracking devices in place for accountability. Good pay and benefits.
Good people
Valve Tech (Former Employee), Grand Junction, COFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: nice barbeques
Cons: didnt like staing in man camps
good environment good hours helpful co-workers very good management most enjoyable part of the job was getting out town on you're hitch
Good people but tough business environment
Finance manager (Current Employee), Oklahoma cityJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: good people
Cons: limited data for tasks
Acquired by GE within the last few years, gaps in system abilities and processes can make the site a tough place to work. There's been a lot of focus on the site and good people have been added, but resources are stretched so workloads are high. It's a great place to learn, but you have to be ready to sacrifice some work/life balance to get everything done. That being said, the employees get along very well together, sharing information and creating a very friendly environment.
Indursting job
Insteramentation Tech 2 (Former Employee), Elk Grove Village, ILJanuary 30, 2015
Cons: brakes are ok
I learned lot from GE ,About saifty,team work,reporting work problem,
check out schmatic.
Management is co-operating with workers very well,
Coworkers are very good as team
comming new job I have to find out good lay out
Finishing the job on time.

1 2 3

About GE Oil & Gas

GE Oil & Gas is a world leader in advanced technologies and services with 43,000 employees in more than 100 countries supporting – Read more

GE Oil & Gas Salaries