GE Oil & Gas

GE Oil & Gas Employer Reviews

Productive work environment
Contractor (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 3, 2015
A typical day at work is busy with meetings, supplier relationships and supporting the buyers and project managers. In the morning I like to take care of the prioritized work that needsw to be taken care of. I work on my OOR (Open Order Report) at the beginning of the week. I also take care of any invoicing issues that put invoices on hold. The buyers keep me busy supporting them with any issues given. RFQ(Request for Quotes) are sent out through out the day.
great place for gaining experience in a growing market
EHS Technician (Current Employee), Pineville, LAMarch 1, 2015
Pros: great salary
Cons: health insurance
Overall while working for GE OIL has given me true growth opportunity bad allowed me to improve upon my leadership skills
Engineering (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 17, 2015
Great place to learn and grow in a wide variety of products and business. Benefited a lot in my professional and personal life from the well-designed leadership development courses/trainings.
Great Benefits
Training Coordinator-EHS (Former Employee), Shawnee, OKFebruary 17, 2015
The hardest part of the job was losing it. Very structured and tracking devices in place for accountability. Good pay and benefits.
Good people
Valve Tech (Former Employee), Grand Junction, COFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: nice barbeques
Cons: didnt like staing in man camps
good environment good hours helpful co-workers very good management most enjoyable part of the job was getting out town on you're hitch
Good people but tough business environment
Finance manager (Current Employee), Oklahoma cityJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: good people
Cons: limited data for tasks
Acquired by GE within the last few years, gaps in system abilities and processes can make the site a tough place to work. There's been a lot of focus on the site and good people have been added, but resources are stretched so workloads are high. It's a great place to learn, but you have to be ready to sacrifice some work/life balance to get everything done. That being said, the employees get along very well together, sharing information and creating a very friendly environment.
Indursting job
Insteramentation Tech 2 (Former Employee), Elk Grove Village, ILJanuary 30, 2015
Cons: brakes are ok
I learned lot from GE ,About saifty,team work,reporting work problem,
check out schmatic.
Management is co-operating with workers very well,
Coworkers are very good as team
comming new job I have to find out good lay out
Finishing the job on time.
Great work place
Project Coordinator/Master Scheduler (Former Employee), Hanover, MDJanuary 26, 2015
Good team work, good management and allow employees to contribute their input to mangement
If you don't want a life outside of work. Work here
Confidential (Former Employee), Broussard, LAJanuary 25, 2015
Management is overbearing and insulting. Threatened physically. Coworkers were great. Customers were typical customers. Wants everything now. All-in-all they were okay though.

Other divisions of GE may be good but the Oil & Gas division, under the current leadership, is not the place to be.
Great Business for grow
Sourcing Specialist (Current Employee), Houston TXJanuary 9, 2015
Professional environment and Multi business scope wordwide.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 8, 2015
A great place to work for self-motivated people. Reorganization resulted in many people being laid off. Severance packages are very generous.
Operatons Management / HR not fair
MRP Planner / Scheduler (Former Employee), Broussard, LAJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: good people to share life with
Cons: horrible operation management wich causes job security issues
Great place to learn your way until management becomes in a bind with their management.
Good employees
Inspection (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKDecember 5, 2014
very knowledgeable people fun to work with the hardest part of the job is working in a non air conditioned shop
Good Company
Field Service Planner/Scheduler (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 14, 2014
A good company to work for, just that they only hired contract employees. It was very difficult to get on permanently. They focused primarily on contracted employees.
Great Job
Training Center Facility Supervisor (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 12, 2014
I love GE its a great company and my boss is awesome. I would love to move through the company but there are just no openings right now. I want o get in to HR, Marketing and PR.
GE Oil and Gas
Senior Electronics Engineering Technician - NPI (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 28, 2014
Pros: a major company with good people
Cons: balance of work and family can suffer
A good company overall. People are very good.

Work load can be overbearing depending on the job
Exiting place to work
Logistics Assistant (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 23, 2014
Pros: bonus
Cons: opportunity to move up
Through practice and preparation I am fully capable of managing and coordinating materials for production and projects. Training has prepared me for upcoming task of planning and scheduling of work orders and also tracking down needed parts.

I rely on manufacturing and logistics experience through projects like Byford Dolphin, Maersk 2019 and any future upcoming projects that I will have to coordinate.
Good work place
ECLP Summer Associate (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 14, 2014
High growth industrial segment, very intelligent workforce, good work-life balance, good pay.
Multifaceted supervisory role that included regular customer interaction
Electrical Controls Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 1, 2014
Daily responsibilities included meeting with team leader to layout priorities for team members. Utilized engineering skillset to troubleshoot and develop process improvement ideas as well as worked with product engineering on new product introduction. Engaged daily with supply chain and sourcing team to prioritize past due items and expedite short cycled orders. Organized and schedule customer witness tests with project manager and engineers to ensure full support and resource allocation was available.
Fast paced environment
Senior Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: ability to work anwhere remotely, with full business support.
Cons: lack of quality time away from the business
The nature of our business never involved a typical day. Our customers relied on our family and team cohesive effort, in critical situations, to resolve many types of situations. The Field service team was truly a family which included our leadership team. We were available 24/7 with little backfill for rotation, which made for difficult family scheduling and quality time. I really enjoyed and thrived on the "pressure cooker" atmosphere and challenges.

1 2 3

About GE Oil & Gas

GE Oil & Gas is a world leader in advanced technologies and services with 43,000 employees in more than 100 countries supporting – Read more