GE Power & Water Employee Reviews

could solve the worlds problems, if not for upper management
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 13, 2017
I have held a variety of roles within GE over the past 13+ years. I have worked with some great engineers and for the most part great managers. However the upper level management continues to live in a world of their own, with business targets and strategies that are completely out of line with the industry and what our customers are facing. Its a shame because the work culture is very tolerable (there are always exceptions depending on the sub-business and team you work for) and I could see myself working here much longer. However with impossible goals set forth by upper management, this drives the wrong behavior and decisions within middle level management and ultimately impacts the work of engineers such as myself. However I do feel I have been compensated fairly with decent benefits (it has been reduced over the years, but in line with rest of the industry).
Pros
work life balance
Cons
management disengagement
Nothing to say
Technical Lead (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaNovember 12, 2017
Nothing to say, i am working in capgemini and GE is my client.

but having very good work culture you will like it. I am working as development side for application.
Good collegues
Product Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 10, 2017
Great place to work for starting career. Good job security for good performers. Good local culture. Very median salary and benefits. Too big a company so you might get lost in terms of recognition.
Great place to work , Wish the contract had never ended.
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CANovember 8, 2017
Worked with business management to coordinate on-time and on-budget production and distribution of final-form communications in electronic and/or hard copy formats. Produced Icons, brochures, fact sheets, reference sheets, spreadsheets, and photograph editing.
great place to work
Lead Programming Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCNovember 6, 2017
GE is a great place work provided to market stays up or flat. Only looking for a new job due to lay offs in a flat to down market.

Typical days consist of about 10 hours.

Management for the most part is great to work with and understanding.
Competitive Environment
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCNovember 2, 2017
Was a good company but benefits and culture have gone down hill. Pay is good but especially on manufacturing side very little depth. People move around a tremendous amount and grow short roots.
Pros
Pay and prestigious company name
Cons
losing the edge
Productive & fun
BI & Big Data Specialist (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYNovember 1, 2017
GE Power (formerly known as GE Energy) is an American energy techniques company, owned by General Electric. GE Power is the largest energy techniques and selling energy company in the world.
productive
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VANovember 1, 2017
fast paced, very diverse, great company to work for. I enjoyed coming into work every morning. Pay is great, the people are great. I am very fortunate to have been given this opportunity
Pros
pay
Cons
only temporary
Best platform for learn and prove yourself
Senior Manual and Automation Tester (Former Employee) –  Greenville, ALOctober 31, 2017
Work culture is good
having good knowledge on PLM applications.
Learned many things technically : Agile, PLM, Enovia, Manual and Automation Testing, Selenium, HP ALM, HP QC, Rally, Jira, Integrations: ERP, ALPHA, BAAN PO, Sales Orders
Ok place to work
Electrical Engineer Technician (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 25, 2017
The pay is not competitive and it’s not what you know but who you know that helps you advance in this shop, you work so much here you don’t have time to enjoy life with your family
Pros
You can double your salary with the amount of Overtime
Cons
No family life
Lots of things to do
Engineering Technical Leader (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCOctober 24, 2017
Lots of work. Good team members. Recently not had enough people to do all work required. I've learned lots about power generation and GT systems. Been in the news recently for not meeting market expecatations
Pros
Good work, interesting
Cons
Big company stuff
Toxic enviornment...
General Manager (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaOctober 21, 2017
not a healthy atmosphere..... working and surviving day to day..... Toxic leadership making bad business decisions. Would not recommend this company to anyone
Job is challenging at times but enjoyable
Production Control Operator (GEH) (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCOctober 19, 2017
my job responsibly has grown in other areas, very busy but fulfilling. Management has given more responsibilities. enjoy the people I work w/ daily.
Pros
the people
Cons
don't know how the business is going
Enter at your own risk
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  New York StateOctober 14, 2017
lack of direction from senior leaders in the company - difficult times have led them to simply lay off folks in masses while continuing to cut benefits for those of us still employed. Do more with less mentality.... but there is a break point to that mentality. At some point we will not be able to do everything we once did, but we are certainly expected to.
Pros
unlimited time off, flexible work schedules
Cons
lack of business direction and accountability for senior leaders
Great Company
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MSOctober 11, 2017
By far the best company i've worked for. Always opportunity for growth and advancement in the company. Knowledgeable employees who are willing to help.
Opportunities
Master Scheduler (Current Employee) –  FloridaOctober 10, 2017
Overall working at GE was a good experience. I received exposure to many different facets of supply chain and leadership team members. The lean culture needs to continue to grow.
Requisition Engineer (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 10, 2017
Great people to work with, but storm clouds on the horizon and layoffs possibly in the future. Many jobs have been shifted overseas and conference calls can occur at all times of the day.
Pros
interesting work
Cons
job security
QM CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCOctober 9, 2017
Good pace of work. Experienced with good knowledge of work. Competetive, Good team work. Manufacturing Gas Turbines. SAP has been implemented for the first time at this location.
Good place to work when under the right leadership
Buying/Procurement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTOctober 3, 2017
There's a clear lack of cognitive diversity regarding those who land in upper management positions. The same playbooks are used over and over despite the lack of results.
Overall great place to work
Senior Manager Finance (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYSeptember 29, 2017
Great place to work in a dynamic market, lots of development minded managers and peers to help build a great career. Opportunities to move internally are not scarce and right person, not right role, dominates the criteria

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GE Power & Water. Our community is ready to answer.