GE Power & Water Employee Reviews

Great opportunity to develope working knolwedge.
Onsite Machinist A & Work Leader (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 13, 2017
I have worked at GE Power & Water Service Center for more than 16 years. I got a lot of opportunities to work the clients' location to repair all different kinds of machines. These type job assignments have increased a lot of knowledge to me. Great team to work with great benefits.
Ge p&w
SAP Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Trevose, PAJanuary 13, 2017
As with any large company, GE is very reluctant to change. Very unapproachable for better approaches. Management is fair, benefits are good. Hard to break the existing barriers.
Benefits
Cons
Flexibility
not a good work environment
CNC Machine setup Operator / Manual machinist (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJanuary 7, 2017
Management was not concerned about anything except their personal advancement.
The work environment was dirty and toxic for the employees working in the shop.
Enjoyable work but lack of ability in management can be frustrating.
CNC Machinist (Current Employee) –  Erlanger, KYJanuary 4, 2017
Enjoyable work they could be better benefits are not great insurance is too expensive people are great vacation setup is good machines are outdated.
Great!
Quality Assurance Inspector (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 28, 2016
GREAT! Learned a lot and had the opportunity to move up within the company. GE does tuition reimbursement and earned my degree but does not give easy opportunities to move into a salary job due to having their own OMLP program in which they hire their own created group.
Pros
TUITION REIMBURSEMENT
Cons
LAY OFF
Productivity
QUALITY CONTROL INSPECTOR (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 18, 2016
Management have no type of experience, company is full of interns with 6 month programs and then move on to the next job. Never get the chance to be able to believe and trust your boss. They seem to work off of a time schedule and not quality.
Solid Company
Sourcing Compliance Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 8, 2016
Too many layers of management. Challenging to make changes. Great people to work with. A caring group that is very supportive.
Pros
Rock solid company
Cons
Totally focused on bottome line.
Review
Technical Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 31, 2016
There was a corporate take over of Alstom Power by GE. As with all take overs, it adversely affected moral. Everyone had to re-apply for their own jobs, or an alternate job. Many were required to relocate. Some were laid off with benefits packages, and some were just fired.
Typical large company
ERP Data Integration Leader (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 24, 2016
GE Power is a typical large company. There is a large corporate culture that must be assimilated, and then you must learn to navigate the corporate politics.
Productive and team work
customs and logistics specialist (Current Employee) –  Mexico CityOctober 13, 2016
As being in a US company, ive seen through out the years how they establish a working space and culture that helps you interact with other people and everyone is willing to help no matter where they are or what they do, also it is so amazing how well structured the company is and how that simplify a lot of things
Pros
all the benefits they give you
Cons
probably salary
Productive and Exciting place to work
International Compliance Manager (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 1, 2016
Typical day involves engagement on global projects and working with multi-cultural teams to achieve project milestones for shipment, installation, commissioning and handover to customer.
Great work environment
Lead Buyer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 22, 2016
It's a great place to work. You learn to deal and work as a team with Manufacturing, Planning and Engineering. There is a great environment to work. And you would need to do a lot of cross-functional activities to get the job done.
interesting job
Electrical and Control Project Leader (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJuly 6, 2016
productive, team work, interesting projects, benefits, supportive management and co-workers, learning culture, good tools and design methods, continues process improvement.
It's an OK Company
Operations Manager - Aero Services (Current Employee) –  Channelview, TXJune 10, 2016
Company is constantly going through changes,not impactful changes, with each regime of managers is the worst as before.
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 17, 2016
Challenging work with a unique culture. Solid teamwork with solid work-life balance. Going through some significant organizational changes due to a major acquiition.
Pros
Strong culture, high integrity
Cons
demanding work schedule with long hours
Good people
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 13, 2016
Good people to work with, executive team lacking vision. Closing the GE Power Conversion Pittsburgh facility. Jobs moving to Berlin, Germany.
Great place to work.
SENIOR R&D TECHNICIAN II (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTApril 15, 2016
G.E. is a fast paced company . They make important decisions quickly instead of holding multiple meetings and countless power points.
great people to work with/bad management
Turbine tech (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 19, 2016
I enjoy coming to work everyday and working on engines. management is on your back pushing to meet needs making you feel uncomfortable. co- workers are great, very flexable work schedule.
Pros
work/home life is great can move up fast
Cons
management/unorganized
Fun Working Place
Application Senior Salesforce Architect (Current Employee) –  Boston NYJanuary 21, 2016
I don't have much negative to say, I love to work here. The people are kind and like any place there are bad days but the job security is good and the company is making many good changes.
Pros
free buffets
Cons
I work hard to adapt to change and conform to the needs of the job
Field Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 21, 2015
My schedule was a bit unknown at times as I had to respond to emergency calls. I am nuclear certified, and take pride in my work. The Job description classified me as a Field Service Representative but I was considered a Hybrid. The position that I applied for was a Field Service Representative for Mobile site operations and data analysis. I was transitioned into the Beverage side and spent several weeks away from home. I have a Wife and 3 young kids so time away from home can be difficult on the home front. The up side to travel is that I'm use to it and can easily adapt if needed.
Pros
Strong Technical awareness and Analytical skills
Cons
I would like to be home more than once a month

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GE Power & Water. Our community is ready to answer.