GE Power & Water Employee Review

View all GE Power & Water reviews

Manufacturing work environment
Application Engineer (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCNovember 23, 2013
GE Power and water is a great place to work especialy at the Repair development Center in Greenville,SC. We always have new technologies being tested and new repair processes being developed. There is always someting new to learn.

Other GE Power & Water Employee Reviews

Uncertain company future.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 15, 2017
Presently the atmosphere in the office is very unsettled.
Poor senior executive decisions over the last few years have placed the company in a poor financial & growth position.
could solve the worlds problems, if not for upper management
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 13, 2017
I have held a variety of roles within GE over the past 13+ years. I have worked with some great engineers and for the most part great managers. However the upper level management continues to live in a world of their own, with business targets and strategies that are completely out of line with the industry and what our customers are facing. Its a shame because the work culture is very tolerable (there are always exceptions depending on the sub-business and team you work for) and I could see myself working here much longer. However with impossible goals set forth by upper management, this drives the wrong behavior and decisions within middle level management and ultimately impacts the work of engineers such as myself. However I do feel I have been compensated fairly with decent benefits (it has been reduced over the years, but in line with rest of the industry).
Pros
work life balance
Cons
management disengagement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GE Power & Water. Our community is ready to answer.