GE Power & Water Employee Reviews

ICAM Production DevOps Lead (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 17, 2017
Work is quickpaced. However, it get monotonous at times. Also, frequently we have to work in weekends. Thankfully, I have a great manager here who co-operates at best.
The worldwide leader in power generation and services
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 13, 2017
It was a great experience to work for General Electric. The job brought many diverse challenges and solid power solutions to my broad customer base.

General Electric was always finding new ways to improve the employee experience. In addition , General Electric strives for excellence through Six Sigma processes through out the organization.

The culture brought new opportunities within other GE Businesses and strives to expand the employees vision of excellence .

The most enjoyable part of the job was when the turbine/generator outages were complete, and knowing that those units are in top condition to serve the customer for many years to come.
Competitive performance with safety in mind
Site Lead (Current Employee) –  Paxton, ILAugust 12, 2017
A typical day for me would involve determining a plan of the day for my team. Addressing down turbines takes precedence with keeping the safety culture the number 1 priority. Organizing additional work with contractors to efficiently complete daily tasks keeping cost margins low. Striving to keep the daily availability above 98% to be competitive in the marketplace and making sure all required maintenance on all 94 WTGs at site is completed in a timely manner.
Pros
Successfull platform
Cons
Short contracts
closing doors come june 2018
Logistics Technician (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 9, 2017
will be closing doors come june 2018. moving manufacturing to china. poor pay scale, little room for advancement. did offer good medical, dental and vision benefits.
Good Stable Job
JAVA Developer /Backend developer (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 27, 2017
I personally enjoyed working for GE Power. The management genuinely cared about the developers and they cared about ensuring we had a good career trajectory. The benefits at GE are amazing as you would expect for any large organization but the pay is below market, they are working on that. The only issue I would have with GE is that its a good old boys club and some of the technology centers have a real clicky bro culture thing going on, which is weird. Its kind of like stepping back into high school or college.
Pros
Awesome snacks, apple everything, great benefits
Cons
Bro culture in some locations, lower pay than the industry
Great Culture
Engineering Cost Analyst - New Product Development (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 26, 2017
Very professional management team. great associates. Dream job state of the art technology. I learned how progressive manufacturing should work. Management was very helpful . The workplace culture was great. The work instruction were very helpful. The job was not hard. The most enjoyable part of the job was the helpful team culture.
Good company before recent downturn
Lead Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 25, 2017
I had a good experience working at GE Power before the recent downturn. I learned a lot in my different roles through my 16+ years over there. Chance of promotion to higher position would be limited due to its size and organization structure. Overall it was a good company to work with in many aspects.
Pros
Good benefit, flexible work hours, above average work environment and diversed company culture
Cons
Limited promotion opportunities, some beauracracy in upper management, lack of communication between different departments
GE has lost sight of what really counts
Just another worker bee in the hive (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 14, 2017
I've talked to both current and former employees and they all say the same thing. "What happened. GE used to be a good place to work." That pretty well sums it up. Now everyone's just waiting on the next wave of layoffs. All the glowing reviews on here are coming from office workers out of touch with what's going on out in plant.
Pros
Decent pay and benefits
Cons
Management is out of touch
Excellent culture and coworkers
Client CIO | Director Business Solutions (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 13, 2017
Great environment to learn, grow and make a difference. Multiple opportunities to learn different product lines, services, cultures in a global setting.
Great staff
Inventory Control Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 7, 2017
Great place to work, enjoyed working with this team of employees. Worked 4 days out of the week and this was great for my family life. Working everyday with my Co-workers was a great experience.
nice place
Process Engineer, China (Former Employee) –  WuxiJuly 6, 2017
An experienced industrial engineer was assigned to tutor me. You could learn management skills in real manufacturing environment. I helped you to quickly apply learning into practice.
Good Job
Electrical Technician (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 29, 2017
It was definitely a good company to work for. It was unlimited OT and every Sunday was double time. The supplied you with your own set of tools also which were brand new.
Benefits
Cons
Plant closed
Great place to learn, work and grow your career
Executive - Services Operations (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 26, 2017
Excellent company, work hard, network and you will do well. There is a huge amount of opportunity with a business the size of GE Power. Getting your foot in the door is step one, next go above and beyond to get your job done and do it exceptionally well - you will succeed. Networking is also a major must internally at GE.
Great company with good technology
Director of Operations, Sourcing and Product Cost (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 22, 2017
GE is a great place to works. The best part about the company are its people and technology. Lot of great leadership development opportunities for someone starting out their careers.
Ge
Manufacturing Engineer Co-op (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYMay 31, 2017
GE Power and Water is a good company, but this is a forced review because Indeed requires one hundred and fifty characters to be typed before I can move past this page.
Good teams of engineers, but typical large company culture
Lead Engineer - Customer Project Engineering (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 31, 2017
While the engineers at GE are top-notch, the atmosphere is to grind out work and put it above other areas of work-life balance. Management is somewhat supportive, but seem to be more concerned with their own rep than to lift up employees. Very difficult to move up, no formal training, little opportunity to get outside training as well.
Pros
Great campus with health club, canteens, walking path, good coworkers
Cons
Too lean, business seems adrift of late, little management support for employee growth
It was a good job
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 29, 2017
I enjoyed working here and was very disappointed when I moved states and had to leave this job. I learned so much while I was employed there, overall it was a good experience
GE is a great company
Senior manufacturing engineering manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 22, 2017
GE Power is a great company to work for in term of work/life balance. Employee can telecommute when needed and managers are very flexible in this regard.
Do important work as part of the hive
Technical Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 17, 2017
You are a bee in a hive, and are extremely replaceable.

You will touch enormous projects and the scale in which you can make an impact is incredible.

The middle managers are great and they have great developmental programs to help you get there.

There is a bit of a politic'ing to the group, this can get annoying.

You get paid well, but not that well.

No benefits outside of healthcare, match, and job security.
Pros
work/life balance, horizontal movement
Cons
no free food
An average place to work.
Senior Automation Test Lead (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 11, 2017
This company was a good company to work for. It is one of the leaders in its industry. Typical day at-work was calm. I learned a lot. Management was average. The workplace culture was casual to corporate. The hardest part of my job was getting Test Data generated and prepared for Test Execution. The most enjoyable part of the job was being surrounded by IT Professionals.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GE Power & Water. Our community is ready to answer.