GE Power & Water Employee Reviews

Many talent folks around to work with, flexible working hours
Turbine Aero Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYMarch 26, 2017
It's a great place to work in, but recently the high level leadership made some mistakes and the business not run well as before. The medical insurance become worse and employee have to pay very high deductible for medical treatment; salary has been freeze for 2 years, vacation policy changed into permissive.
Pros
Flexible working time
Cons
Health insurance, freeze salary, vacation policy changed
Great Engineering Company
Senior Systems Engineer (Performance Integration) (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 25, 2017
Long working experience at GE Aviation and GE Power. Great company that trains its employees and provides a great working environment. Engineers are constantly challenged with evolving technical challenges in the industry.
Pros
Work environment, Talented colleagues
General Electric name
Engineer - Materials Science and Engineering (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYMarch 24, 2017
The GE name travels far. It is easily recognized.
GE does its best to provide you with extra resources and incentives.
It is a slow transition to the top.
Find a team you like working for.
Pay is adequate
Pros
Permissive time off, freebies
Cons
Layoffs can occur in high numbers
Good Company
Operations (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMarch 14, 2017
Innovative and willing to take chances on new ideas. great company to work for. Always looking for ways to simplify things. Work/Life balance was the best.
Would not suggest as a company to work for
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 13, 2017
Bought my existing company. Offered early retirement to all employees over 60. 6 months later laid off ~55% of workforce. 6 months later closed office.
Pros
Treated fairly when office was closed, no limit on vacation time
Cons
Poor health benefits, employees cut below what is needed to do business, no time to use unlimited vacation
Overall work experience in GE
Business project data analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 10, 2017
Managers are good and nice, teammates and colleagues are great to cooperate and well comminucated. Our department is going to shut down and move to out of state, we r in Houston area and we r not preferring relocation, so we r leaving GE and will miss everyone who have ever work before. Pls contact me if your department or GE have openings. I am a business project data analyst and multi-application administration.
Productive and Enjoyable
Infrastructure Regional Leader (Current Employee) –  Trevose, PAMarch 9, 2017
This was my first real job after my internship and was an overall good experience. My colleagues and management were all very knowledgeable in their fields and I learned a lot. There is a strong meritocratic culture within the organization and outside the box thinking is encouraged.
GE power system
Mechanical assembler &Q. C (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 8, 2017
We have to work in and out with no air condition, they have only coffee in the morning. one break time and lunch time. they do not have any thing for you when u take break
Corporate culture
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 3, 2017
Engineers highly in demand. Local office experienced period of growth and upward market trend, however facility in Pittsburgh downsized due to Corporate instruction.

Continuous improvement, safety and quality always high focus.
Pros
Diversity
Lead Application Engineer
Lead Applications Engineer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 28, 2017
With the shift to the digital industry management has little or no understanding of how to execute getting there. The orders they get are shear based on GEs financial and market penetration. Hope this company can deliver on their promises
Engineer (Former Employee) –  SchenectadyFebruary 21, 2017
Excellent learning platform for fresher and Work culture is one a the best . Everyday there are new challenges presented in one form or the other. Its a very diverse company
Pros
Huge scope
Cons
Too demanding
Good Team Environment working on complex tasks
Hydraulic Engineer (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYFebruary 12, 2017
Unorganized management in a Union workplace with manager driven only by metrics. Used multiple PLM software to facilitate project management. Creating Engineering instructions for vendors to fabricate skid mounted equipment to support steam turbine and generator equipment.
Pros
team environment, decent work life
Cons
poor management, difficult communication with customers
Great Place to work
FMP Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 11, 2017
I enjoy everyday I go to work. I'm in finance, so I work a lot, but the people make it worth it. Great benefits and flexibility, with the ability to travel.
Stressful environment
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTFebruary 5, 2017
Work hours are OK, benefit costs are high, stress level extreme, a constant change in software/knowledge, alot of layoffs which creates very high anxiety
Pros
Work hours
Cons
High stress level
Exceptional management
Product Manager - Strategic Marketing (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYFebruary 1, 2017
Enjoyed my time with GE. Worked there 26 years and had the opportunity to expand my career from engineering to product management. Left the company for personal reasons.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Politics
Productive and great family work environment
CONTROLS SOFTWARE AND HARDWARE ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJanuary 29, 2017
Employer offers great benefits and vacation package. Would recommend the GE for the excellent networking and opportunity to build a career. There could be some improvements to the yearly feedback process by engaging with management on a regular basis.
Lead Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 28, 2017
GE is a great place to work
Allows you to be productive without micro management
Great work life balance
Military friendly
Flexible work hours
Great health and education benefits
Operation Analyst / Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEJanuary 25, 2017
The people are great to work with every day. A typical day would be to help any user with an issue that may it be computer, software or phones related. Working on projects for networking VLAN's or barcode system. Every day you learn something new, you never get bored.
Cons
Work was innovative and challenging
Manufacturing Intern (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJanuary 22, 2017
GE is a very strict and orderly work place. Challenges you to grow and adapt. Poor management. Lots of young smart employees.
Great opportunity to develope working knolwedge.
Onsite Machinist A & Work Leader (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 13, 2017
I have worked at GE Power & Water Service Center for more than 16 years. I got a lot of opportunities to work the clients' location to repair all different kinds of machines. These type job assignments have increased a lot of knowledge to me. Great team to work with great benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GE Power & Water. Our community is ready to answer.