GE Power & Water

GE Power & Water Employer Reviews

Union stiffles real change, only drawback
Machinist/Winder (Current Employee), Schenectady, NYJuly 13, 2014
Pros: plant manager trying to bring change, employee empowerment
Cons: union politics, good-ol-boy-network
Excellent benefits, not very stressful, needs some capital investment for new equipment
Downhill after GE acquisition
assembler (Former Employee), Boulder, COApril 30, 2014
Pros: fair benefits and pay
Cons: poor products and management
After the company was acquired by GE things changed. The quality of the management, products, and services offered dropped dramatically. There was constant talk of growth as department employees were cut.
Great opportunity to get global experience while sitting in a single office
Finance Project Manager (Current Employee), Schenectady, NYApril 22, 2014
I enjoy the diversity of working in a global company. Things can get complex at times, but that's what I thrive on.
Fairly high stress work environment, for the Power & Water Div
Monitoring & Diagnostic Engineer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 16, 2014
Pros: worked 7 - 3. ocassional free lunches and events
Cons: rising healthcare. worked 1 weekend day in weekly schedule.
As a M & D Engineer for General Electric Energy Division, I would assist other engineers in the Monitoring & Diagnostic duties for up to 180 Gas & Steam Turbine Engines. Duties include, first & foremost, is working “trips” on units, when they come in. Evaluating Alert Watch units. Both of which are top priorities. Also, looking for anomaly’s, which – more... would include Combustion Shifts, Vibration changes, Failed Sensors, etc. that violate GE’s Process Map criteria and could possibly lead to a costlier shutdown of the turbine if left undetected. If anomaly is found, we would call the site and speak to the Control Room Operator and if possible the CPM-Contract Performance Manager. If the issue requires immediate action, a case is created noting time of the event and the overall characteristics of the turbine and what action needs to be taken to correct the problem. Once resolution is issued and corrected, the case is then closed. Currently, working with the New Performance team, to establish new guidelines for anomaly detection on Performance, Balance of Plant and Bonus LD. Also, trained new contractors for the department. Computer software used – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, etc. – less
Great Company, High Energy
Communications Leader, Power Generation (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 15, 2014
Working for GE Power & Water has been a great experience. They move fast, expect a lot, but provide great opportunities for senior leadership exposure and work/life balance.
GE Energy
Executive Administrator (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 17, 2014
I love working for GE. I would love to stay with the company but due to moving, I am looking elsewhere
Lots of good people to work with.
Solar Technician II (Process Engineer Technician) (Current Employee), arvada ,coJanuary 3, 2014
Work was very fun. A nice friendly environment to walk into on a daily basis.
Manufacturing work environment
Application Engineer (Current Employee), Greenville, SCNovember 23, 2013
GE Power and water is a great place to work especialy at the Repair development Center in Greenville,SC. We always have new technologies being tested and new repair processes being developed. There is always someting new to learn.
Mostly great
Wind Technician II (Current Employee), Ellsworth, KSNovember 11, 2013
Rewarding work, great crew and great management at my wind farm. Though, I have work a few 80 hour weeks but mostly averaging about 50-60 hour weeks = great pay. Just spend more time at work than I do at home. Overall a great, stable company to work for.
Long working days but with a lot of succeess stories.
Accounts Manager (Former Employee), Puerto Rico and Dominican RepublicOctober 30, 2013
Pros: company car and expenses account
Cons: extremely long working days and frequency
I typically worked 10-12 hours/day. During my career with GE I applied the knowledge and experience acquired during my previous employments. Unfortunately, change in the organization did not consider the customers needs. Eventually the division where I working for have decline in Sales revenue over the last 3 years. My peers and subordinate always worked – more... as a team and our customer loved the service and the performance of the my group.

The hardest part of the job was the work/life balance because of the administrative work requirement increase exponentially because our management was trying to manage the business without contacting the customer.

The most enjoyable part was the satisfaction of solving customer process problems within a win-win environment and the development of the water and process treatment market share in the Dominican Republic in the Power, Pharmaceutical, HPI and Mining industry sector. – less
Great place to work, awesome Management and Colleagues, just ended too short due to higher management cutting finances.
Contract Mechanical Designer (Former Employee), Schenectady, NYOctober 25, 2013
Pros: management, work environment, peoples morale being mostly positive and professional, lots of projects to work on keeping you busy at work. room for advancement given the opportunity.
Cons: contract ended too short given the experience i received at ge.
Steam Turbine & Generator Accessories CAD Designer, Awesome work environment and very professional even for a contractor, and people were very serious in being successful with projects and as a company. They were also willing to train a person like myself that knew very little about the type of design they were about and gave me time to learn the product – more... overall. I took the challenge fully and learned the design in about 3 weeks or so and was able to start projects.

It was just unfortunate that the contract ended early because I was on pace to go full-time with GE. – less
Great place to start your career
Generator Product Service Engineer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 15, 2013
There are lots or learning opportunities here. They have many programs available to further your technical careers. There are also many options within GE to move around during your career.
Learning environment great place to work
Office Administrator (Current Employee), Greenville, SCAugust 27, 2013
Pros: gym
Cons: none i know of
Each and every day is a new learning experience using state of the art technology. The management staff is very mature thinking.
The company offers great opportunities.
Highly technology of manfacturing Gas Turbine. Maintains all data and information of every turbine and its events. And uses wide veriety of tools.
Product Safety Tools and Metrics Engineer (Former Employee), Greenville, SCAugust 27, 2013
Pros: flexible working hours and very good manger
Cons: less office desks
I learnt different process they follow for the product line and managing Data also tools. Worked individually and in a big team with no or less supervision. Enjoyed every part of my work with out getting stressed out.
Great company
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Stuart, FLJuly 2, 2013
Heat Recovery Solutions is a division with great potential. Their product could literally change the energy race for several companies and industries.
O&M Deopt. in wind power
Field Service Technician (Current Employee), KaradFebruary 9, 2014
Here i m field service technician in O & M, its wonderful experience in this organisation.
Fun at work
Q.C. Specialist (Former Employee), Oakville, Ont.December 4, 2013
I learned a lot thru my first QA Manager.
Management was a four.
Liked to work with my co-workers. We respected each other.
To get information in time.
When the project was done with out any problems.
Doing in-house inspection.
Making material record books.
good place for learning!
mechanical maintenance technician co-ordinator (Current Employee), Veresegyház, PEOctober 31, 2013
safety- first
12-hour work a day
good carrier possibility
good co-workers
EMPRESA AGRADÁVEL DE TRABALHAR, COM DINÂMICA EXCELENTE
ADMINISTRATIVO (Former Employee), Araraquara, SPJuly 21, 2013
Pros: fornecia vale-refeição
EMPRESA AGRADÁVEL DE TRABALHAR, OFERECIA CURSOS E TREINAMENTOS, HAVIA BOM RELACIONAMENTO ENTRE GERÊNCIA E COLEGAS DE TRABALHO, EMPRESA PONTUAL E RESPONSÁVEL.

About GE Power & Water

GE Power & Water provides customers with a broad array of power generation, energy delivery and water process technologies – Read more

GE Power & Water Photos