GE Transportation

GE Transportation Employer Reviews

Very professional workplace, great way to get your foot in the door
Pricing Intern (Current Employee), Erie, PAMay 29, 2014
Pros: great experience, networking, good money
Cons: very little time for vacation before going back to school
Working with GE is a great opportunity. It allows for interaction with professionals. The team I work with now is very helpful and I have learned a lot about the pricing and business side of GE Transportation.
Industry Leader
Manager (Former Employee), Erie, PAMay 24, 2014
Pros: industry leader
Cons: ge ways
GETS is the industry leader in developing new locomotives and has a great market share. The teamwork is the key to the success of this company.
Great Training
Customer Fulfillment Coordinator (Current Employee), Erie, PAMay 13, 2014
GE Trains you to thrive in high pressure situations and to always give everything your best
GE Transportion is a fun place to work for
Transportation Technician (Current Employee), Tiffany Springs, MOApril 21, 2014
A typical day at work is a good day for me a work.I learned how to be safe at work because I work around a lot of danger equipment like over head crane that we use to move train motors I think that my co worker are the bomb they are very good co worker.The hardest part of my job is getting bye the morning hours sometime been at work 2 in the morning – more... is kinda rough at times the most enjoyable part of the job is getting of hitting the clock and going home tried – less
A fast paced position that allows you to work with some of the smartest people I've ever met and visit locomotive repair facilities.
Senior Finance Manager (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 17, 2014
Pros: work with locomotives, smart and professional people, no micromanagement
Cons: there are times of high stress and we routinely work long hours
The position I have is a challenging position. One in which you get to be involved in every aspect of the business from the operations side to the finance side. Working with the operations teams and the multiple repair facilities that we have is the best part of the job. The team is great and everyone is very good at their jobs and extremely intelligent.
The worst management on the planet
Project Management (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLApril 14, 2014
Pros: it looks good on your resume
Cons: it will make you want to stab your eyes
First of all the management is TERRIBLE. Their managers don't support their employees, instead it's all about impressing the person above them. The people have poor work ethic. There's no work-life balance and the company seems to hates women. It's almost all men and the few women get comments questioning why they are there instead of raising their – more... children. I'll tell you why: I'm a single mom and had no choice but to work there. They never have enough people to get the job done. At GE, less is more. You aren't a person you're a 9 digit number. – less
Nice work enviroment with decent structure
Safety Coordinator (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOFebruary 24, 2014
a typical day includes searching for safety violations, per OSHA guidelines and standards, ensuring safe work practices through training.
goood job
LEAD TECHNICAL DIRECTOR (Current Employee), selkirk nyFebruary 15, 2014
Pros: learn alot
Cons: no breaks
12 hours of presure to produce in a fast evolving job in a hostile field
average
Flow Leader (Current Employee), Erie, PAFebruary 13, 2014
worked a lot of hours and weekends
lean manufacturing was taught
average management
good core of co-workers
worked to many hours without pay compensation
developed new processes
Part of my appprentice experience working at GE
Supplier Quality Engineer (Former Employee), Erie, PAFebruary 7, 2014
Well as of February 15, 2013 I was let go from GE. for no rhyme nor reason. When I did work at GE and on my resume it does explain my past history and all the improvements, and any coast savings that were done, some improvements to the production line, my resume will show all that was done and my experience with GE.
-Every day that I did worked my wheels – more... in my head would be turning saying what can I do to help improve productivity and coast savings, then I would come up with an idea, take my idea and go forward with it, with the help of others.
-Learned, try to take good advices when it is given to you.
-Co-workers, I was in the apprentice program, because of my age and being the oldest I felt like a lot of my co-works didn't want to be associated with me a lot of times, with this happing it did make me sad inside but I moved on and became a stronger person, So eventually I moved on and just worked with a lot of upper management and hourly workers, I did learn a lot from them and that did work out.
-The hardest part of the job, was when you felt your own boss wouldn't support you, knowing that I was going to be outside looking in he knew about it didn't make an effort to help me with a permanent position at GE, I felt if you weren't in his apprentice click then you were a nobody, tell this day I am still try to figure it out and wonder what the heck did I do wrong why was I let go from GE.
-Enjoyable part of the job, working with a team to design and improve a product for GE and after conducting numerous test, when the product was heading for the finish line your heart starts pounding knowing in your heart that the finished product will be heading out the door and on the road successfully. I felt that after all the hard work, the team did accomplish a goal. – less
World class
Process Technical Advisor (Former Employee), Erie, PAJanuary 26, 2014
Strong on management principles. Safety, Quality and Lean
mfg. are there priorities.
Good job with great experiences
Electrical Engineer (Current Employee), Erie, PADecember 20, 2013
Pros: lots of technology to learn
Cons: no job security
Good Experience in the current project
Learned several things in this project
Good exposure to client
Handled complex issues
Every day is challenging
great place to work
Assembler (Former Employee), Erie, PADecember 12, 2013
Pros: see end results of work done
Like to keep busy and always willing to learn new jobs and go beyond what is expected to get job done.
Great pay and work enviroment with great benefits
Fitter/Welder (Current Employee), Erie, PADecember 9, 2013
Pros: clean working enviroment
Cons: communication between management and workers could improve.
Great place to work! I`ve been there for a little over 2 years and love it. Lack of work is the reason why I`m loosing my job. I work 2nd shift and loved it. The guys I worked with were awesome and fun to work with. They made the nights go by fast. we could lesson to music while we worked and made it fun.
The safety of the work place
Mechanic Technician (Former Employee), Riverside missouriNovember 18, 2013
Pros: the pay was great, the workers were really enjoyable.
Cons: the mass lay offs
I will say the job was always safty first every morning I would go into work every morning and we would have our morning warm up streechs then we would be told of the daily tasks that needed to be done. I would go to my work station get the gear case's underway. I learned alot about the inner working of the big locmotives that I was working on. Management,I – more... would say they would do a decent job, some of them did not how to do half of the jobs that they were trying to teach some of the workers about. I like all of my coworkers I never really had any problem with anyone within the factory.
The hardest part of the job, there were times I was working a job that requires atleast two to three personal, at the same time by myself.
The best part has to be waking up early working hard and going home with new knowledge of the job and knowing that I worked really hard the job. – less
Great productive environment to work in.
Flow Leader (Current Employee), Erie, PAOctober 17, 2013
Pros: experience
Cons: job security
Flexibility is a must. Constant changes to supply and demand, along with customer needs. Staying ahead or on top of daily responsibilities is a must. Multitasking is a must.
What I Learned
A/R Specialist (Current Employee), Lawrence Park, PASeptember 9, 2013
Pros: gym, own office, adjustable hours, good pay
Cons: communication, contact employment
I learned that business has many short-falls, and is quickly becoming depersonalized. For not having a business background I quickly noticed where things could be improved. It all begins with communication, and this is evident from the ground up.
Family type of place
Technical Advisor/Flow Leader (Current Employee), Grove City, PAAugust 29, 2013
Pros: dependable
Cons: health care
Nice to work for a place that is family like. I have learned Sourcing,Material and production in GE engine plant.
good company with a great history
Production Supervisor (Current Employee), Erie,PaJuly 8, 2013
Pros: a great salary
Cons: no benefits
The most enjoyable part of my job is the people I work with.
I have learned the full assembly of Locomotives.
As a production supervisor I help promote safety in the work place.
The hardest part of my job is keeping our team busy when parts are
not available for assembly.
Summer Intership
Electrical Engineering Co-op/Intern (Former Employee), Erie, PAJune 29, 2013
Pros: many oppurtunities find a possible path into the engineering work force.
In I typical day during the intership I was able to get a first hand look at the testing of hardware and assist in getting the tested circuit boards to the production floor.

About GE Transportation

GE Transportation solves the world’s toughest transportation challenges. GE Transportation builds equipment that moves – Read more

GE Transportation Photos