GE Transportation Employee Reviews

Good place toneork
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Erie Pa.September 21, 2016
Many opportunities in a wide range of fields. Good work life balance. Job security is average to low. Most of the people are good to work with. Mangement focus can be a little bit short term. Compensation is good. Vacation policy is good.
Pros
GE culture
Cons
Job security
It was a good place to work
Plan Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 27, 2017
When I first started moral was good and it was a team environment. The lack of management in my department, and the allowance of harrassment by certian co-workers and looking the other way as others took advantage of time and salary has lowered moral tothe point where none of us want to be there anymore.
Great learning experience
Environmental, Health and Safety Intern (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJanuary 25, 2017
I had an Environmental, Health, and Safety internship at GE Transportation so it wasn't a full time job. I was hoping to get a full time job out of the internship but later found out there isn't much room to grow and not many opportunities. the internship itself was a great learning experience. Co-workers and work environment were great, always willing to help and teach new things. The internship was mostly a management type of work, over seeing tasks and making sure they were completed. Not much to do with engineering, but some environmental sampling, compliance tasks, and safety related tasks. It is a good gig if you want to focus on the industrial/Business side of Environmental Engineering.
Productive and great learning curve
ECLP Summer Associate (Former Employee) –  ChicagoJanuary 10, 2017
Good and helpful. Senior management was easily accessible and supportive. Fosters collaboration and team work.
Great company to work for and advance one's career.
They work you until you're numb to it
n/a (Current Employee) –  n/aDecember 2, 2016
The typical work day for an employee is 10-11 hours. If you put in your 8 hours and then leave, you're a "lazy" employee. It's a high-stress environment every day. Managers are very good at committing to unreasonable goals and tasks - especially because all they have to do is commit and not actually follow through with them. There is no work-life balance - no matter what they try to tell you when they hire you on. They do invest a lot of time and money to train employees and teach them all they need to know. To me, this doesn't compensate for all of the other negatives of this company.
Self directed work place
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Grove City, PASeptember 8, 2016
I enjoyed my job for most of my career. Maintenance on the machines could be a lot better. Management personnel being hired regardless of experience in a manufacturing environment.
Productive company
BIDS & PROPOSAL LEAD FOR N. AMERICA (Former Employee) –  Foxborough, MAJanuary 17, 2017
Good company to learn and work on huge projects. Very challenging at time but with rewards only in the form of achievements. Salary was lower than market.
Excellent pay, lots of room to advance.
CNC Machinist and Bullard operator (Former Employee) –  Lawrence Park, PAMarch 6, 2017
This job seemed like a retirement job. Great pay with Okay benefits. Huge plant with lots of jobs to work in. Only problem was the layoffs every couple of years.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Layofffs Constantly
The ZF Lenksysteme brand provides the independent spare parts market with steering technology for passenger cars and commercial vehicles in original e
Embedded Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Erie, PANovember 14, 2016
Responsibilities:
• The highest number of OEM complaints were analyzed.
• Worked on Supply Voltage Reduction/BVM, Software End Stop, Communication, System Lifecycle, Center-find and Automatic parking control modules for GM and FORD EPSdp projects.
• Used INCA, MDA tools to measure, calibrate and analyze data.
• Wrote CAPL scripts to simulate vehicle ECU messages to test the ECU using Restbus.
• Worked on Hardware abstraction layer and Error handling modules (KFCs/DTCs).
• Followed V-model software development life cycle, MISRA guidelines, and good documentation.
• Followed AUTOSAR 4.x software architecture, A-SPICE and ISO26262 safety standards.
Great entry level job
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 24, 2017
Great entry level position for a young adult. the pay is decent but it is difficult to climb the corporate ladder. You receive a lot of training on how to be lean and 6 sigma which could potentially help you with a future job
Pros
Lean and 6 sigma training
Cons
no degree, no moving up
Great place to work. Older buildings and equipment.
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAOctober 31, 2016
Great place to work. Older buildings and equipment. Union shop good pay except constant pressure from management to get out production. Poor training process.
Pros
Very safety conscious.
Cons
Short breaks
Learning Experience
Mechanical Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Grove City, PAMarch 26, 2017
• Implemented lean tools on Brilliant Factory showcase site at Grove City Engine for rebalancing of assembly lines
• Enhanced current inventory of supermarket and material transfer to assembly line, increasing productivity by 20%
• Reduced foot print of plant by a total of 30% giving GCE additional floor space for Marine Engine Manufacturing
Dynamic environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAJanuary 8, 2017
Opportunity to work in a highly dynamic environment with tremendous opportunity to grow and develop. Work with extremely smart people and observe many leadership styles
Great Company
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 28, 2016
I have learned a lot on my career and have been given the opportunity to do multiple jobs in different areas.The company provides flexibility to work remotely when needed and also is supportive when you have personal issues. It's a great place to work for.
Pros
Development, exposure
Cons
work life balance can get challenging
Work Like Balance does not exist
MTA (Current Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 15, 2017
Get paid for 40 hours, but average 50-60. Overtime is determined by your manager, so pay, some don't. Fear of the plant closing is constantly hanging over your head. Working with union employees is like working with day car children.
GE is a productive and great place for leaders
Mining Product Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAMarch 7, 2017
General Electric is a great place for productivity and leadership skills development. It has an environment that breeds great leaders and very effective individuals.
Best group of guys I ever worked with. Period
Remanufacture Technician (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 27, 2016
This reviewer worked as a temp and due to a labor depute was not retained. I was however offered a position later that due to health issues at the time i was not able to take. Management seemed very open to work with me when I had a family emergency arise even though I was just a temp. I loved the work and the guys i worked with were more than willing to help with training of new skills or fine tuning of existing skills, even offering to skip breaks just to help out. If a position becomes available again i would be more than happy to go back.
Fun Work place, Flexible work hours and new challenges
Engaging environment
Too many meetings though
Nice place to work
Coil Winder (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAFebruary 1, 2017
Enjoyed my job, nice place to work I enjoyed working with my co-workers and I got along with my boss. To many lay offs every 4yrs during contract time.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Stability
great benefits, good job.
PROCESS TECHNICAL ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAApril 4, 2016
Manufacturing environment with a lot going on. Busy each day managing employees as well as production. Stressful at times but rewarding in the same fashion.
Benefits
Cons
Stability/ career progression

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GE Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.