GE Transportation Employee Reviews in United States

Iam very productive and dependable person. I would be a great asset to your Company
Service Technician II (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 28, 2016
Review our daily work schedule and began the work that has to be done. I work 10 hours shifts and over time if need. I follow all the safety sheets for what ever project we are working on at the time. The most enjoyable time of the day is when we get new contracts for Train parts.
Pros
bonsus
benefits
Daily challenges, team environment that works together to obtain the same goal and develop a robust product.
Mechanical Design Engineer (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAApril 13, 2016
A typical work day consisted of. A brief meeting was held to review the status of the project and tasks and status of each member. If one of the team members had incomplete tasks we would assist them to keep project on track. Your day was not structured and chained to a desk for hours at a time. But very free flowing to travel about the facility, weather it was concept, design, development, to prototype testing production. Every team member was specialized in a function but was not limited to one, cross training and mentoring held a big part of that. Management had very little part of the equation only to review status of the projects and recognize our accomplishments with complementary lunches. I have to say the most demanding part of this position was vendor supplied parts not meeting our demand dates to fulfill our testing and production dates. To sum up the position held, project was very challenging with a demanding schedule, but with the team I was involved with it was very enjoyable.
Pros
Team environment that worked together and complemented each other, that made it a pleasure to be part of a project.
Cons
Contract Ended
Relaxed Corporate Environment
Tier 1 Software Applications Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 31, 2016
GE Transportation holds value in diversity, teamwork, efficiency, timeliness, and productivity. As this is my first career opportunity, I have proven to fit well within GE's standards.
Decent place to work.
CNC MACHINIST (Current Employee) –  Grove City, PAMarch 4, 2016
Decent place to work. Learned how to operate new machines and the coworkers are friendly.Wish it was a bit more stable. Would like to retire from there.
nice place to work here
Embedded Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAMarch 4, 2016
nothing to say much about my current company because i am looking for a change to design and implement something new to make some wonders.
Productive and fun place to work
SAS SQL Developer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 17, 2016
Productive and fun place to work. Not much of learning opportunities.
Work life balance is good. Management is supportive.
Pros
Long term profile
Cons
No learning opportunities
Big business
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAFebruary 10, 2016
Your standard large company, where employees are just numbers and are thrown out like the trash at a moments notice. Only to be called back later to repeat the process again.
Pros
The workers
Cons
the company
Excellent employer
Team Assembler (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAFebruary 5, 2016
Administrator of over 40 remote wireless access points. Configure and install new equipment. Install new cable and fiber optics.
Progressive
Materials Leader (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 27, 2016
Progressive newer division to this area. Mining Division is down so I am being Riffed. I gained more knowledge to use and my next opportunity.
Need management improvemnt
Electrical System Engineer (Former Employee) –  Erie, PADecember 18, 2015
A place of constant management change and constant change in direction focusing on short term profit. A lot of talent and diversity but not enough stress on employee improvement expertise and future with company.
nice place to work
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  ErieDecember 2, 2015
Very nice place to work, nice people, great team. good benefits and easy going. would recommend the company to other people
good downtown location
finance analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 30, 2015
good downtown location.
company is all about execution.
market is cyclical. heavily dependent on the US railroad industry.
Pros
downtown location
Cons
work pressure
Fast paced, metric driven atmosphere
Supplier Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Erie, PANovember 22, 2015
This is a large company but individuals have high visibility and ownership. Work life balance is pretty good but can depend on the manager. It's important to be able to be able to sell your opinion because every organization is very metric driven and they do not always line up with each other. There is a lot of potential for moving around the company and work in various teams. If yo do well at your job you will be rewarded and move up through the ranks.
Excellent
IM Program Manager Business Solutions (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAOctober 26, 2015
Wonderful place to work with great people and competitive salary. Expect long hours with lots of reward. A wonderful, rewarding, and relaxed atmosphere with high expectations but little worries about non-work related stressors. Excellent work from home policy.
Great work environment
Web Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 7, 2015
Great work environment. Good team concepts. Very challenging positions. Good management . Job was outsourced overseas.
Pros
Adjustable work schedules
Cons
Admin tools were not consistent and poorly programmed.
Very hated
Traction Motor Remanufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 28, 2015
Many employees hated this place, it was a fun job, very interesting and very different. However employee treatment was extremely poor from management, night shift management didn't do anything for anyone until they were talked to from day shift management. Lack of care. A contracted/temporary position, all were promised to be hired on until they brought on a new upper management personnel and ended up leading all temps into false hope.
Pros
interesting work
Cons
worst management ever experienced
Worked in a fast paced environment
Supply Chain Global Distribution Intern (Former Employee) –  Erie, PASeptember 22, 2015
I really enjoyed my summer internship with GE Transportation. I was introduced to many aspects of the work environment that I had never experienced before.
Pros
Many opportunities in different aspects of the work environment
Cons
May get lost in the crowd
Internship/Co-Op
Electrical Engineering Co-op/Intern (Former Employee) –  Erie, PASeptember 9, 2015
Gives students a excellent chance to experience real world work at an Engineering company. The after work life is excellent and great pay.
funplace
Java architect (Current Employee) –  PAAugust 21, 2015
GE Transportation Evolution Series Tier 4 Engine to meets the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) stringent Tier 4 emission standards without the use of any type of after treatment, Tier 4 Locomotive will be the first mainline locomotive on the market to meet the standards.
To manage the incidents occurred in tier 4 locos on different time frame with different rates, have implemented the application with CAMEL/Fuse technology to process the high volume data that is captured in different mode. The incidents directly download from the locos when it reaches the shop for the regular maintenance and other mechanism is, receive the incidents thru online using installed modem. Online incidents are different rates as per the type of the incidents, and direct downloads are different volumes. All these incidents will reaches to GE network in the form of messages, to handle these kind of bulk message data processing used camel/Fuse and Active MQ as the technology stack and implemented the solution. As a final step all these processed details shall be used by the EOA system to show case as faults and corresponding Rx for those incidents.
Productive and fun workplace
Intern/Technical (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJuly 30, 2015
Good place to learn and get involved. Very easy place to facilitate productivity and results. Overall, a good place to get experience.