GE Transportation Employee Reviews in United States

Best group of guys I ever worked with. Period
Remanufacture Technician (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 27, 2016
This reviewer worked as a temp and due to a labor depute was not retained. I was however offered a position later that due to health issues at the time i was not able to take. Management seemed very open to work with me when I had a family emergency arise even though I was just a temp. I loved the work and the guys i worked with were more than willing to help with training of new skills or fine tuning of existing skills, even offering to skip breaks just to help out. If a position becomes available again i would be more than happy to go back.
Iam very productive and dependable person. I would be a great asset to your Company
Service Technician II (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 28, 2016
Review our daily work schedule and began the work that has to be done. I work 10 hours shifts and over time if need. I follow all the safety sheets for what ever project we are working on at the time. The most enjoyable time of the day is when we get new contracts for Train parts.
Pros
bonsus
benefits
Loved who I worked with very poor management
Lead Management Engineering Planner - PMO Office (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJune 8, 2016
very poor management, harassment that the H.R. dept could not do anything about for 10 years after numerous complaints.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
extremely poor management
Relaxed Corporate Environment
Tier 1 Software Applications Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 31, 2016
GE Transportation holds value in diversity, teamwork, efficiency, timeliness, and productivity. As this is my first career opportunity, I have proven to fit well within GE's standards.
Fast paced, metric driven atmosphere
Supplier Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Erie, PANovember 22, 2015
This is a large company but individuals have high visibility and ownership. Work life balance is pretty good but can depend on the manager. It's important to be able to be able to sell your opinion because every organization is very metric driven and they do not always line up with each other. There is a lot of potential for moving around the company and work in various teams. If yo do well at your job you will be rewarded and move up through the ranks.
Fun Atmosphere
Internship Student (Former Employee) –  Erie, PADecember 8, 2015
I only had a shadowing experience here, so I am unsure of the payroll or the benefits that the job requires. But the employees here were extremely friendly and helpful. I liked seeing different people, and interacting with new faces.
Pros
Fun atmosphere
Cons
A little too much down time, which can drag the day out
of standard
Simulation and Control Intern (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAMay 24, 2016
was a growing business so l didn't really expect the best. things weren't moving in most of the time. was just there to built skills and resume
cool job
Electro Mechanical Sourcing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 14, 2016
challenging function to be a part of but you will learn a lot. managers set a fast pace and expect stretch goals to be met on time
Productive and fun place to work
SAS SQL Developer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 17, 2016
Productive and fun place to work. Not much of learning opportunities.
Work life balance is good. Management is supportive.
Pros
Long term profile
Cons
No learning opportunities
Big business
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAFebruary 10, 2016
Your standard large company, where employees are just numbers and are thrown out like the trash at a moments notice. Only to be called back later to repeat the process again.
Pros
The workers
Cons
the company
good pay and benefits
Locomotive assembler (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJune 17, 2016
Ge has a reputation for the past 100 years building the best locomotives in the world. The company offers good pay and benefits
good job
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJune 9, 2016
Nice people to work with, safe work areas, job was not too hard, was a good job to have overall, proper equipment was supplied to get job done
Need management improvemnt
Electrical System Engineer (Former Employee) –  Erie, PADecember 18, 2015
A place of constant management change and constant change in direction focusing on short term profit. A lot of talent and diversity but not enough stress on employee improvement expertise and future with company.
nice place to work here
Embedded Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAMarch 4, 2016
nothing to say much about my current company because i am looking for a change to design and implement something new to make some wonders.
Good company
Materials Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 5, 2016
Good work life balance. Great family based company that takes care of their employees.Was a pleasure working at this company.
Very hated
Traction Motor Remanufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 28, 2015
Many employees hated this place, it was a fun job, very interesting and very different. However employee treatment was extremely poor from management, night shift management didn't do anything for anyone until they were talked to from day shift management. Lack of care. A contracted/temporary position, all were promised to be hired on until they brought on a new upper management personnel and ended up leading all temps into false hope.
Pros
interesting work
Cons
worst management ever experienced
Decent place to work.
CNC MACHINIST (Current Employee) –  Grove City, PAMarch 4, 2016
Decent place to work. Learned how to operate new machines and the coworkers are friendly.Wish it was a bit more stable. Would like to retire from there.
Excellent
IM Program Manager Business Solutions (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAOctober 26, 2015
Wonderful place to work with great people and competitive salary. Expect long hours with lots of reward. A wonderful, rewarding, and relaxed atmosphere with high expectations but little worries about non-work related stressors. Excellent work from home policy.
Excellent employer
Team Assembler (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAFebruary 5, 2016
Administrator of over 40 remote wireless access points. Configure and install new equipment. Install new cable and fiber optics.
Progressive
Materials Leader (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 27, 2016
Progressive newer division to this area. Mining Division is down so I am being Riffed. I gained more knowledge to use and my next opportunity.