GE Transportation

GE Transportation Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
Intern/Technical (Former Employee), Erie, PAJuly 30, 2015
Good place to learn and get involved. Very easy place to facilitate productivity and results. Overall, a good place to get experience.
Fast paced environment with high visibility opportunities
Program Leader (Current Employee), Erie, PAJune 30, 2015
Pros: Supportive affinity networks, high visibility projects
Cons: Outdated processes; change management
Work with a cross-functional team from commercial, engineering and manufacturing to ensure the supply chain is in place to meet both our customer and internal commitments. Working in matrix organization I've learned that focused communication is key to being effective and influential. Management typically uses a hands off approach giving employees formulate strategies to meet business goals. One of the biggest challenges is navigating thru legacy processes that aren't conducive to operating such a fast pace environment.
Good salary poor benefits poor management
Lead Engineering Planner Management (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLApril 7, 2015
Pros: good work with the poor
Cons: poor management
it's all about the stockholders, their image to the public
poor to little training
some managers are really trying hard some are all about a power trip
others won't speak up and say anything to protect their employees
complaints in H.R. filed, nothing done in 10 years, all about protecting their managers, they don't care and don't want to hear about it. Move onto the next churn and burn employee. Some managers are good and the employees stay. Can't speak for those though. Didn't have one of those, unfortunately! Lot's of turn over in the planning area though.
Compensation is great. Leadership is lacking
FRACAS Program Leader (Former Employee), Erie, PAFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: compensation
Cons: leadership lacking
The compensation offered by GE Transportation is great. The leadership and management are lacking leadership skills.
Fast paced
Material Specialist (Former Employee), Barstow, CAJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: good salary
Cons: poor manager
Start off the day with meetings to determine priorities. Filled customer orders. Expedited material when needed. Shipped material to repair points.
Good reason to not use Agile methodolgy
Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLJanuary 26, 2015
Cons: agile
They carried Agile to an extreme. Every two weeks, there seemed to be a mass panic, in preparation for another demo,
It is a good job that is very stressful and challenging.
Technical Director (Current Employee), Denver, COJanuary 12, 2015
I work a 12 hr shift that usually 13 or more on a 4 day work week. I receive maintenance passdowns from the outgoing shift and conduct at least 2 meetings with Union Pacific Supervisors and trade personnel about the repair at hand in the facility. I work at the trades level applying technical direction as required.
Workplace with fascinating projects
Mechanical Design Engineer (Former Employee), Lynn, MAOctober 26, 2014
Pros: aviation company
Cons: only a contract position
The main project of this contract position was to upgrade the main fuel pump and after-burner system of the J85 Turbo Engine.
Typical day was re-design and testing different prototypes. Some calculations verified strength and stress of the new parts still could meet the specifications or meet higher specifications.
I learned from applying, installing the actual systems, making changes and advancing the system. All these actions were informative to me.
Management was friendly and professional.
The same with co-workers.
The job culture was professional.
Good people to work with
Signal Engineering Coop/Intern (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLOctober 23, 2014
Pros: great work/life balance, stable job
Cons: must change companies to get a significant raise
The group of people were excellent and promoted a family atmosphere. They were quick to approve time off when necessary. The job could get a bit tedious and monotonous, but every so often a change would come through that would present a new challenge.
Very professional workplace, great way to get your foot in the door
Pricing Intern (Current Employee), Erie, PAMay 29, 2014
Pros: great experience, networking, good money
Cons: very little time for vacation before going back to school
Working with GE is a great opportunity. It allows for interaction with professionals. The team I work with now is very helpful and I have learned a lot about the pricing and business side of GE Transportation.
Industry Leader
Manager (Former Employee), Erie, PAMay 24, 2014
Pros: industry leader
Cons: ge ways
GETS is the industry leader in developing new locomotives and has a great market share. The teamwork is the key to the success of this company.
Great Training
Customer Fulfillment Coordinator (Current Employee), Erie, PAMay 13, 2014
GE Trains you to thrive in high pressure situations and to always give everything your best
GE Transportion is a fun place to work for
Transportation Technician (Current Employee), Tiffany Springs, MOApril 21, 2014
A typical day at work is a good day for me a work.I learned how to be safe at work because I work around a lot of danger equipment like over head crane that we use to move train motors I think that my co worker are the bomb they are very good co worker.The hardest part of my job is getting bye the morning hours sometime been at work 2 in the morning is kinda rough at times the most enjoyable part of the job is getting of hitting the clock and going home tried
A fast paced position that allows you to work with some of the smartest people I've ever met and visit locomotive repair facilities.
Senior Finance Manager (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 17, 2014
Pros: work with locomotives, smart and professional people, no micromanagement
Cons: there are times of high stress and we routinely work long hours
The position I have is a challenging position. One in which you get to be involved in every aspect of the business from the operations side to the finance side. Working with the operations teams and the multiple repair facilities that we have is the best part of the job. The team is great and everyone is very good at their jobs and extremely intelligent.
The worst management on the planet
Project Management (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLApril 14, 2014
Pros: it looks good on your resume
Cons: it will make you want to stab your eyes
First of all the management is TERRIBLE. Their managers don't support their employees, instead it's all about impressing the person above them. The people have poor work ethic. There's no work-life balance and the company seems to hates women. It's almost all men and the few women get comments questioning why they are there instead of raising their children. I'll tell you why: I'm a single mom and had no choice but to work there. They never have enough people to get the job done. At GE, less is more. You aren't a person you're a 9 digit number.
Nice work enviroment with decent structure
Safety Coordinator (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOFebruary 24, 2014
a typical day includes searching for safety violations, per OSHA guidelines and standards, ensuring safe work practices through training.
goood job
LEAD TECHNICAL DIRECTOR (Current Employee), selkirk nyFebruary 15, 2014
Pros: learn alot
Cons: no breaks
12 hours of presure to produce in a fast evolving job in a hostile field
average
Flow Leader (Current Employee), Erie, PAFebruary 13, 2014
worked a lot of hours and weekends
lean manufacturing was taught
average management
good core of co-workers
worked to many hours without pay compensation
developed new processes
Part of my appprentice experience working at GE
Supplier Quality Engineer (Former Employee), Erie, PAFebruary 7, 2014
Well as of February 15, 2013 I was let go from GE. for no rhyme nor reason. When I did work at GE and on my resume it does explain my past history and all the improvements, and any coast savings that were done, some improvements to the production line, my resume will show all that was done and my experience with GE.
-Every day that I did worked my wheels in my head would be turning saying what can I do to help improve productivity and coast savings, then I would come up with an idea, take my idea and go forward with it, with the help of others.
-Learned, try to take good advices when it is given to you.
-Co-workers, I was in the apprentice program, because of my age and being the oldest I felt like a lot of my co-works didn't want to be associated with me a lot of times, with this happing it did make me sad inside but I moved on and became a stronger person, So eventually I moved on and just worked with a lot of upper management and hourly workers, I did learn a lot from them and that did work out.
-The hardest part of the job, was when you felt your own boss wouldn't support you, knowing that I was going to be outside looking in he knew about it didn't make an effort to help me with a permanent position at GE, I felt if you weren't in his apprentice click then you were a nobody, tell this day I am still try to figure it out and wonder what the heck did I do wrong why was I let go from GE.
-Enjoyable part of the job, working with a team to design and improve a product for GE and after conducting numerous test, when the product was heading for the finish line your heart starts pounding knowing in your heart that the finished product will be heading out the door and on the road successfully. I felt that after all the hard work, the team did accomplish a goal.
World class
Process Technical Advisor (Former Employee), Erie, PAJanuary 26, 2014
Strong on management principles. Safety, Quality and Lean
mfg. are there priorities.

1 2 3

About GE Transportation

GE Transportation solves the world’s toughest transportation challenges. GE Transportation builds equipment that moves – Read more

GE Transportation Salaries

Program Leader
$88,000 per year
Test Engineer
$97,000 per year
Financial Analyst
$20.00 per hour

GE Transportation Photos

Fazendo trabalhos de office.
Operacoes
Collecting engine performance data for SVCP project