GE Transportation

GE Transportation United States Employee Reviews

The safety of the work place
Mechanic Technician (Former Employee), Riverside missouriNovember 18, 2013
Pros: the pay was great, the workers were really enjoyable.
Cons: the mass lay offs
I will say the job was always safty first every morning I would go into work every morning and we would have our morning warm up streechs then we would be told of the daily tasks that needed to be done. I would go to my work station get the gear case's underway. I learned alot about the inner working of the big locmotives that I was working on. Management,I would say they would do a decent job, some of them did not how to do half of the jobs that they were trying to teach some of the workers about. I like all of my coworkers I never really had any problem with anyone within the factory.
The hardest part of the job, there were times I was working a job that requires atleast two to three personal, at the same time by myself.
The best part has to be waking up early working hard and going home with new knowledge of the job and knowing that I worked really hard the job.
Great productive environment to work in.
Flow Leader (Current Employee), Erie, PAOctober 17, 2013
Pros: experience
Cons: job security
Flexibility is a must. Constant changes to supply and demand, along with customer needs. Staying ahead or on top of daily responsibilities is a must. Multitasking is a must.
What I Learned
A/R Specialist (Current Employee), Lawrence Park, PASeptember 9, 2013
Pros: gym, own office, adjustable hours, good pay
Cons: communication, contact employment
I learned that business has many short-falls, and is quickly becoming depersonalized. For not having a business background I quickly noticed where things could be improved. It all begins with communication, and this is evident from the ground up.
Family type of place
Technical Advisor/Flow Leader (Current Employee), Grove City, PAAugust 29, 2013
Pros: dependable
Cons: health care
Nice to work for a place that is family like. I have learned Sourcing,Material and production in GE engine plant.
Driving Tankers
CDL Truck Driver of tankers (Current Employee), Reno, NVJuly 23, 2013
Pros: freedom on the road.
Cons: no benefits.
Check all your equipment making sure it's safe.Then driving mostly in nevada to different mines with cement. And I learned how to use a pneumatic system while never driving tankers before. Dispatch supervisor is good. Never worked with co-workers. Hardest part was no schedule. Best part learning new things.
good company with a great history
Production Supervisor (Current Employee), Erie,PaJuly 8, 2013
Pros: a great salary
Cons: no benefits
The most enjoyable part of my job is the people I work with.
I have learned the full assembly of Locomotives.
As a production supervisor I help promote safety in the work place.
The hardest part of my job is keeping our team busy when parts are
not available for assembly.
Summer Intership
Electrical Engineering Co-op/Intern (Former Employee), Erie, PAJune 29, 2013
Pros: many oppurtunities find a possible path into the engineering work force.
In I typical day during the intership I was able to get a first hand look at the testing of hardware and assist in getting the tested circuit boards to the production floor.
Stuck in the past
Lead Test Engineer (Current Employee), Erie, PAMay 15, 2013
Pros: large company, room to move around
Cons: healthcare is poor, people unwilling to change
My experience with GE Transportation has been less than pleasant. I was hired because of my past experiences with other companies that build/test engines, an agent of change if you will. I quickly learned that there is NO desire by the vast majority of employees in Erie to change. Departments / groups are very segregated (in silos if you will) with very little if any cross function with anyone on the "outside" unless there is "something in it for me". GE even has "inclusiveness" training for their employees where they teach you how to "persuade" your fellow workers to work with you (treat them like they are your kids, make it look like it is their idea, make it look like you are the fool so that they look like they are showing you how to do your job etc.).
Management wants change, yet they pass on the "low hanging fruit" for one reason or another. Overly reactive to the market, changes focus too frequently. Projects NEVER has room for slip (Have to hit a home run EVERY SINGLE TIME).
average company to work for
Assembler (Current Employee), Grove City, PAApril 2, 2013
little uncertainty with the two teir pay scale at the plant.
average company to work for
Assembler (Current Employee), Grove City, PAApril 2, 2013
little uncertainty with the two teir pay scale at the plant.
Amazing work culture
Electrical Power Components Engineer (Current Employee), Erie, PAMarch 26, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: long hours
I have learned much in terms of technical careers application, but mostly I enjoy the work culture at GE where everyone encourages you to learn and seek help when needed and it betters my work in the process
Good Learning Experience
Reliability, Production and Design Engineer (Current Employee), Grove City PAFebruary 1, 2013
Learnt a lot from peers with regards to engineering.

Honed my skills in engineering and projec management

February 19, 2013

GOT HIRED. QUIT MY PRESENT JOB ONLY FOR THEM TO RETRACT THE OFFER. NOW I HAVE NO JOB TO FEED A FAMILY OF 4. GE SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Decent pay and benefits
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOJanuary 24, 2013
Pros: benefits, health ahead program
Cons: hours conflict with kids schedule
Good Benefits, Health Ahead Program and incentives to be healthy like the "biggest loser contest."
Poor Morale and Declining Incentives
Manager (Current Employee), PennsylvaniaOctober 28, 2012
Pros: no pros
Cons: too many to list
Benefits get reduced each year, no incentive compensation, poor work-life balance, limited career growth and zero recognition for performance. Most new hires quit within 1-2 years, finding far better work environments, productive cultures and better total compensation elsewhere. Long-term staff stay for convenience but tend to be disengaged.
Profession Manufacturing campus, while working with edge of technology concepts and upgrades.
Requisition Engineer (Former Employee), Erie, PASeptember 18, 2012
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: none that i can think of.
Management allows for personal responsibility on all tasks related to the work. Friendly and flexible work place.
very relaxed work place, very nice people
tech III (Former Employee), Warrensburg, MOSeptember 8, 2012
Pros: lots of cook outs
Cons: none that come to mind right now
read prints understand the whole rack to every component level, my manager was the best, i really wish there was one of him at every job. Co workers were good except always in everyones business, hardest part of job was learning relay logic but had it down by the second day, most enjoyable part was new projects
Overall GET is a good company to work for.
Global Commodity Leader (Current Employee), Erie, PAAugust 16, 2012
- GET would provide you freedom to initiate and implement any new idea you may have to improve the business.
- It cares about training its employees
- Location of the company is not great.
- Expect to travel.

November 15, 2012

This must be coming from someone who is on the inside of the good old boy network

workplace is Creative and innovative.
Hyperion Developer/Administrator (Former Employee), Erie, PAAugust 13, 2012
I have learned Hyperion more about in GE's another sectors GE finance, Capital.Energy,Health care and many more.management was pretty fine as well as helpful co-workers. the most enjoyable part of this job was remotely work.
Not a boring minute
LEAD SVCP ENGINEERING (Former Employee), Erie, PAAugust 8, 2012
Pros: respectful work athmosphere
Cons: lake effect snow
Typical day of an SVCP Engineer is to conduct cost cutting projects in all major assembly buildings. The best part of the job is interacting with the professional assemblers in all sections. These are dedicated to their job and know their stuff well. Managers are smart people that recognize good work and praise accordingly. I didn't notice the scheming and corporate cut-throat maneuvering that I have witnessed at other sites. The technical openness is definitively GETS key to the innovation that occurs at Erie, as well as the scope and depth of the expertise that is cultivated there.
Glamorous company
Productivity Project Leader, Services Engineering (Current Employee), Erie, PAJuly 9, 2012
Big platform to perform. Nice pay, talented people around to learn from.

About GE Transportation

GE Transportation solves the world’s toughest transportation challenges. GE Transportation builds equipment that moves – Read more

GE Transportation Photos

Fazendo trabalhos de office.
Operacoes
Collecting engine performance data for SVCP project