What is the Senior Marketing Consultant position?
The Senior Marketing Consultant position is designed for an engaged, insightful and energetic Marketer with a solid consulting and marketing research background. You will be providing consultation to the world’s largest brands in the areas of shopper empathy, brand and packaging design, retail environments, brand architecture, shopper intelligence, macro trends, competitive dynamics, and geographic forces drivers of category innovation. The vast majority of GIO projects revolve around how consumers connect with the brands they use every day.
The Marketing Consultant is responsible for understanding the Clients' objectives and creating solutions that meet their intelligence needs. You will be directing and implementing qualitative global market research from study design through fieldwork, data analysis, report writing, and final presentation delivery. You will be expected to solve day-to-day data- and project-related issues with minimal supervision. This role requires strong organization skills and social intelligence. Client relationship, project management and time management skills are key for our business.
What you will do at GIO
- Immerse yourself in the global beauty care, food and healthcare, shopping experience and become knowledgeable about packaging design and communication that connects products and consumers at the shelf
- Manage the execution of global qualitative market research studies
- Prepare project proposals, including pricing and methodology
- Oversee information collection and ensure integrity and quality of each study
- Conduct competitive analysis using primary and secondary research sources
- Develop insightful, actionable analyses of qualitative intelligence collected from the global marketplace
- Demonstrate empathy for the consumer, understanding of her (his) needs, and insight into the drivers impacting product categories we use every day, e.g. shampoo/conditioners, vitamins and supplements, APDO, anti-aging products, personal cleansers, functional foods, supplements, baby care, beverages, etc.
- Imagine the future of healthcare, beauty care, food and beverage categories, and guide brand innovation to be in sync with emerging global trends
- Help clients view their categories and brands differently
- Package research findings into dynamic PowerPoint presentations targeted to a wide variety of audiences
- Make recommendations based on research findings
- Participate in ideation and brainstorming sessions that explore new category opportunities
- Assist in business development activities
- Assist staff in managing client expectations and relationships
- Manage staff of contractors
- Effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Establish quality protocols and standards for each project
- Maintain collaborative, productive working relationships with colleagues across the company
Who are our Clients?
GIO consults with the top multi-national consumer product marketers. We help them understand who their global competition is and how to best compete against those brands at retail. Our clients are companies who sell their products in almost every country in many retail channels. GIO works extensively in beauty care, health care, foods and home care.
To apply, email your resume and cover letter. Tell us why this job sounds interesting to you. If we think you’re a good match with our culture and job requirements, we will follow-up with a phone interview.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and potential.
Desired Skills & Experience
- MBA preferred
- Global experience or knowledge of other cultures a plus
- Minimum of 5 years of successful experience within a marketing field such as marketing consulting, shopper marketing, advertising, market research, account management, brand management, or project management
- Results-oriented, self-motivated, good at setting internal deadlines
- Strong project management skills
- Passion and enthusiasm for global marketing and retailing
- Curiosity and interest in market data, trends and insights
- Strong presentation skills to all levels of an organization, including top management
- Willingness to collaborate, pitch in, be flexible and show situational awareness in a small, fast-paced, growing entrepreneurial environment
- Strong interpersonal, verbal & written communication skills
- Creative thinker, eager to evolve skill set and make a positive impact in the organization
- Strong client and team interface
- Natural inquisitiveness and desire to learn and grow
- Knowledge of the consumer package goods (CPG / FMCG) and Food & Beverage industries (preferred)
- Uplifting and fun to work with and for
Relevant Industries: Marketing, Advertising, Market Research, Qualitative Research, Retail Marketing, Shopper Intelligence, Shopper Marketing, Shopper Insights, Consumer Insights, FMCG Research, CPG Research, Packaging, Brand Design, Planograms.
Who is GIO?
GIO Intelligence (www.gio.com) is a unique global marketing agency that helps global FMCG companies understand how their products connect with consumers at the shelf. This includes understanding their retail shelf organization, competitive brand architectures, developing new products, evaluating package designs, and improving global strategies. We help our clients better understand the global landscape in which their brands compete. GIO is about 25 years old, and is located in a River North loft building in Chicago.
Our office environment
We provide superior work to our clients. Our office is informal and collegial. We provide food – including lunch and snacks for all employees, and have spontaneous cupcake or pizza parties 3-4 times a month. Dress is casual (if you wear shoes you look dressed up). We have a vocal team of four small dogs, and a dog-friendly office.
Indeed - 11 months ago