Position Title: Business Development Manager, GLG Institute
Location: New York
The BD Manager, GLG Institute will be responsible for growing global relationships with C-suite executives and leaders. They will be responsible for identifying new, potential executives within named accounts, regularly communicating GLG Institute value and mechanics to CEO/CFO/ CCO/CTO/CIO and EVP/SVP-level clients, using salesforce.com to track and map client accounts, and work in collaboration with teammates to drive adoption of GLG’s platform.
The BD Manager will have a unique opportunity to help shape a new product/market opportunity from the ground up. In addition, he/she will have direct interaction with senior business leaders and Fortune 500 CEOs. Responsibilities include:
- Support GLG Institute client base and new business
- Collaborate with senior leadership and faculty to retain and grow existing client relationships
- Target CEO to SVP-level contacts to increase awareness of GLG Institute, engage them to share business and personal/ professional development needs, deliver GLG Institute solutions to meet needs and add value to their business process
Goals and expectations:
- Tight coordination with business management team
- Help execute relevant parts of account planning process
- Increase total project volume
- Prospect into new buying centers
- Support renewal process to increase retention rates
- Help drive attendance to GLG events
Key performance metrics for the BD Manager include establishing relationships with new contacts at client firms, new revenue, client revenue growth, and adoption of new products and systems. Candidates should be comfortable articulating the value of the GLG Institute.
Candidates must have a clear track record of excellence in several categories, including: teamwork, professionalism, communications, organization and client service. An understanding of healthcare companies and sales is a strong plus. Candidates should also possess:
- A Bachelor’s degree from a top program is required in addition to 2-3 years of demonstrated sales experience
- Basic understanding of healthcare clients and corporate markets (technology, startups) is a plus
- The ability to build strong and lasting relationships with key decision makers in client firms;
- Ability to work well independently and be self-motivated;
- A strong passion for persuasion, especially around complicated and intellectually challenging issues.
- Superior verbal communication skills
- A demonstrated ability to read and understand people
More broadly, we seek bright, positive and flexible people who:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors
- Lead others to do the same
- Have creative and entrepreneurial mindset; are interested in helping to build a business and to be compensated according to performance
- Have demonstrated ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
The GLG Institute (GLGI) is disrupting the executive education space with its tactical, practitioner-led leadership programs, curated by former Fortune 500 CEO’s and business leaders. Our mission is to have a meaningful impact on the next generation of leaders through experience-based training and an online peer-to-peer knowledge-sharing platform. The Institute works with former Fortune 500 CEOs, leading academics, and leadership from cutting edge companies to develop a curriculum rooted in real world, time-tested approaches to management and leadership. With priority access to Gerson Lehrman Group’s network of over 350,000 subject matter experts, we are uniquely positioned to deliver high quality education that provides participants with pragmatic approaches to solving their most important problems.
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (GLG), founded more than ten years ago, began developing a network of leading experts to provide business decision-makers with insights to drive better, more informed outcomes. Initially serving investment firms, today our company has grown to support professional services firms and corporations across every industry.
GLG Research partners with investment firms, corporations, non-profits and professional services firms that need targeted, on-demand expertise to help improve decision-making. GLG Research provides professional services and sophisticated web-based compliance systems to help our clients connect to the most relevant experts while helping clients and experts manage potential conflicts.
GLG is headquartered in New York with 23 offices globally and over 800 employees. The company is backed by Bessemer Venture Partners and Silver Lake Partners.
For more information about GLG Institute, please visit: www.glginstitute.com
For more information about GLG, please visit: www.gersonlehrmangroup.com
For more information about GLG Research, please visit: www.glgroup.com
Salary/Benefits: Competitive base salary with comprehensive benefits program and a generous vacation and holiday schedule.
Notes: GLG does not allow employees to trade stocks or any other security that may present a conflict of interest or appearance of conflict of interest. GLG also requires that all employees sign a confidentiality and non-compete agreement with our firm. We conduct background checks on all prospective new hires.