GM Financial Employee Reviews

Productive and fun working environment
Customer Account Representative I (Former Employee) –  Huntersville, NCSeptember 18, 2017
The employees and managers there were great. The culture was very professional. The most enjoyable part of the job, when the company won center of the month you won free catered lunch.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
micro managers
Productive and fun place to work.
Tearn Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 13, 2017
Fast paced environment, fun, good compensation with bonuses.
Promotes from within, opportunities available.
The best part of the job is recognizing opportunities to assist consumers in times of need.
Pros
Good compensation and benefits.
Cons
Some work related stress.
love GM!
Exceptions Title Review Specialist (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 12, 2017
Great company that loves their employees!
Good hours and great pay!
Cafe and discounts on recreational activities.
Gm also has micro market, coffee, ice machines for convenience
Culture is not for me
Treasury Project Management (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 28, 2017
1. Poor management and lack of communication to develop their employees for advacement to encourage them to stay
2. Need to work on leadership skills
3. Need to teach and invest in their employees to be successful.
Pros
Employee discount
Cutthroat environment.
Loss Mitigation Representative (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 27, 2017
It felt like I was back in High School. Room for advancement if you are willing to complain. The amount of stress and work load far exceeded the pay grade.
N/a
Funding Specialist (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 23, 2017
Responsible for funding auto loans while maintaining the highest level of integrity.
Evaluate all documents, programs, and verifications for validity prior to funding the loan
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short Breaks
poor management
Funding Analyst 1 (Former Employee) –  chandlerAugust 20, 2017
treated there employees bad...hated hated this job, just put more and more work on you each day, If you had vacation it was very hard to get a day off.But the managers had days off all the time. Mandatory overtime near the end of the month had to stay till we hit are numbers
Pros
good money
Cons
too stressful
Good company difficult to grow
GM (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 14, 2017
On a typical day the workload has increased and the management doesn't supply enough staff to maintain regular compliance. The company has the potential to live up to its name yet there isn't any room to grow or advance within.
Pros
family enviorment
Cons
unprofessional management
Nice place to work but the pay is not competitive
Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 14, 2017
GM FINANCIAL is a company that seems to be interested in the employees. That is great, but the pay compensation is not competitive. Management is easy to work with also.
Pros
culture
Cons
Pay not competitive
Fun workplace, safe environment
Lease Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 9, 2017
A typical work day consist of answering phone calls and providing great customer service. I learned how to explain lease options for GM vehicles. Management was very laid back and always helped when needed.The hardest part of the job would be the amount of calls per hour if systems were running slowly. The most enjoyable part was the environment and people.
Pros
1 hour lunches
Cons
Intense phone calls
Worked very hard at this job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 9, 2017
Everyday I would come in to work at get straight on the phones. I would tackle on inbound and outbound calls everyday for 9 hours. I met a lot of great people while working here. We worked hard to get out incentive bonus checks as high as we possibly could, and that always made the work culture competitive.
Pros
quater bonuses
Cons
work to life ratio
fast paced
Dealer Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 7, 2017
Paid very well for your work. Very corporate feeling in company. Not a company you can grow with. Puts the customer before the employees in certain instances
Okay Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 7, 2017
Very relaxed work place. they are improving their culture. they dont pay enough in my opinion and it seems hard to move up in the company. Its hard to leave the department you start in.
Attentive but Laid Back
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 2, 2017
A very high call volume during the beginning of the week to very quiet and peaceful ending.They also have flash training that includes different activities which can be really fun! Working here, I've improved on my multitasking greatly and the hardest part of the job would have to be not getting too comfortable because of how easy going people are! management is great! they really work on the customers needs by tending to the needs of the service rep that encourages us to give optimal service to our customers. I really do enjoy working here.
Pros
In-company cafeteria, attendance flexibility, and staff
Cons
Part time lack of benefits
Awesome company
Lease servicing account representative (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 31, 2017
Great people to work for. Don't read listen to these comment I'd see for myself how great it is to have job security and an employer who can make you feel cared for.
Awesome environment.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJuly 31, 2017
I really enjoyed working here. Everyone was extremely helpful. My TL needed a bit more experience for her role. Every time I needed assistance the TL was never at the desk. I always had to go to another TL. I was part of the Customer Service Reps. Handling inbound calls all days was not for me.
Great environment
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 28, 2017
Everyone is really nice and helpful, great team work from upper management. Really relaxed atmosphere and building stays nice and clean. Great food in the cafe
Pros
Great company
Cons
Horrible pay
GM Financial
Customer Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Huntersville, NCJuly 23, 2017
I love my position at GM Financial. I love the people. I actually get up and look forward to going to work. The environment is very laid back and everyone fits in and belong.
Horrible bonus structure bad pay & high pay for benefits
Lease collections front end (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 22, 2017
I worked in lease collections (front end) I had experience and they still only wanted me to start at 15.00 an hr. All you really do is leave messages. They let their customers pay whenever they want to do you don't really set an arrangement or be firm with the customer. They pay a quarterly bonus which is horribly structured. Front, back, & "mandatory" departments are all combined. The max you can get a month is 800 which they never hit. It's either 200-400. They don't offer OT and most of their leads left the company in July for better jobs. Medical benefits are super expensive and high deductibles through Cigna. I was paying 78.00 a pay period for just myself. You work 1 Saturday a month which isn't bad cause you flex on that Friday so they can avoid paying OT. You do not get a raise until youve been there for at least 1 year & they don't give you a raise once you get promoted within the same department. So if you go from front end to back end there is no raise cause it's considered a "lateral move" I had to get out of there... no way to get more money. That company is all for itself.
Pros
Balanced work life.
Cons
No raises, bad benefits, bad bonus structure.
Average
Funding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 20, 2017
One word to describe Gm financial, Average. They dont have alot of growth within the company. Alot of the people that moved up were typically friends of upper management. Making it almost impossible to move up unless you knew somebody. Compensation is fair. Benefits were not great. Management was pretty good for the most part, Few bad apples but nothing horrible.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GM Financial. Our community is ready to answer.