GM

GM Employer Reviews

general motors rated !))%
Manufacturing Engineering Technician (Former Employee), willow run , Ypsilanty, MIJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: they also rewarded us that gave all imployes incentive and to find ways to improve
Working for Gm. was a awesome experience They paid well and we were all like Family competing with other companies and striving to always be # 1
gm was a great place to work and i enjoyed 30 yrs there
Materials Specialist (Former Employee), Decatur, ALJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: good workplace and great pay and benefits
Cons: last fews years were in ky
I enjoyed my time with gm and would still be there if I had not wanted to move back home to be with my family. the work I did was very fast paced and busy but I like staying busy and working with other people.
The culture is changing from a global viewpoint to an in-house system
ITIL Change & Release Manager (Current Employee), Telecommuter - work from home for 15 yearsJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: working with co-workers globally
Cons: culture on global collaboration
The company is shifting from a global collaboration culture back to an in-house limited environment which is creating extreme stress for work life balance.
Every day brought new opportunities
General Sales & Marketing Manager (Former Employee), Williamsville, NYJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: 401k
Cons: n/a
I enjoyed my time there and have stayed in touch with colleagues
Rough working environment but company took care of you
Communications Business Integrator (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MichiganJanuary 20, 2015
I worked in a manufacturing plant, which can be a rough environment to work in. I met many wonderful people there, however. GM paid its people well (fairly) and offered wonderful benefits. It was a great place to work while raising a family. Management was tough but fair, and the employees showed great pride in working for such a monumental car company.
Good pay and benefits
Production Line Worker (Former Employee), Doraville, GAJanuary 19, 2015
What can I say your a line Monkey, great pay, great benefits, however no work/life balance, lots of OT means lots of money but no time for family or anything along those lines. Management is terrible, have no clue what they are doing or how to remedy things.
Great company to work for
Performance Engineer (Current Employee), Warren, MIJanuary 18, 2015
I love working for this company, nice people and nice atmosphere place to enjoy.
Interesting learning experience
Program Manager (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: 40 hour work week, able to have a lfe outside of work
Cons: management
There are many intangibles to get adjusted to at this facility, so it is a great learning experience overall.
IT WAS A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
GROUP LEADER EXPERIMENTAL ENGINEERING (Former Employee), Pontiac, MIJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: good retirement
Cons: boring
IF I KNEW IN 2000 WHAT I KNOW NOW I WOULD HAVE STAYED WORKING. I GOT SOME GREAT EDUCATION FROM GM.
Good working envirorement with great people.
Line Production Worker (Former Employee), Lansing, MIJanuary 13, 2015
General Motors was a great place to work.The working conditions were satisfactory and the people I worked with were great. I learned a lot about how automobiles are built and how much work really goes into them.
Great environment to work
Customer Service (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: management and team
Cons: temporary
I loved everything about this position, with the exception that it was temporary and no offer of full time available. There was no stability to offer.
GM Powertrain Engineering Co-op
Friction Test Engineer (Former Employee), Pontiac, MIJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: chances to grow, learning experiences, generous compensation, great coworkers
Cons: casual overtime is expected (standard for all salary jobs)
Typical Day:
Depending on the department, the structure of the workday varied: in validation, I typically sat and watched an engine complete cycles for verification, working on additional side projects while waiting. In the analysis group, work was typically project based, so there was variation from the day to day, dealing primarily with theoretical analysis and CAE/CAD. Co-workers were usually very helpful and helped to make working a learning experience, and management, while typically not directly involved with projects, fostered a positive, learning environment.
Good company to work with but uncertainity surrounding their business
VMWare/VBlock Admin (Former Employee), Warren, MIJanuary 6, 2015
Good company to work with but uncertainity surrounding their business, there is no job security/advancement.
Engineering automotive engine and transmission testing facility
Associate Engineer (Former Employee), 895 Jocyln Rd. Pontiac Mi.January 5, 2015
Pros: secure and rewarding job.
Cons: health care, life insurance, dental, and 401k.
8.5 hour work day, which included the installation and removal of automotive transmissions in test cells in which Durability test for the components were conducted, Other responsibilities were to monitor test, and relay test results to engineers. The job was very challenging and rewarding, I worked this job for 36+ years, now i am retired.
its just a job with good hourly wages
Metal assembly Operator/ Press room Operator (Former Employee), Parma, OHJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: weekly pay
Cons: not permanent
The job is not hard, the management is not fair, the wages is good, but for the work I provide its not fair.
all the people i meet in 28 years at GM made life long friends
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Reno-Stead, NVJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: good money
Cons: boss could not be boss there bosses ran everything
Great job found out if you just did your job you would be left alone bosses some good some bad most co workers where good friends getting up at 3 am was very hard was sleepy some days best part of my job was my co workers
A wonderful company to be a part of
Auto Assembler (Former Employee), Lordstown, OHJanuary 2, 2015
I Truly enjoyed my 13 years there as an Auto Worker. This is where I first learned the true meaning of "teamwork". It never ceased to amaze me how at the end of the workday; there was always so much to be proud of.
good
Global Security Administrator (Former Employee), Winchester, KYJanuary 2, 2015
I liked this job and hope to have more like it. Good management and schedule
Fun non stressfull job
Line Assistant (Former Employee), Lake Orion, MIJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: easy work
Cons: long shifts
I enjoy working at GM,however am looking for a different carreer. Having to carry heavy parts at times bothered me but over all great job.
Productive and Educational Work Environment
Senior Design Engineer (Current Employee), Warren, MIDecember 31, 2014
GM provides work challenges and training as needed. Excellent communication with group manager and any tools necessary to complete job are provided for you. Job standards are established before job is started. Interesting place to work.

1 2 3 4 5

About GM

Growth opportunities at GM for talented people are as wide as the world. From the design and engineering of new state-of-the-art – Read more