GM

GM Employer Reviews

good place to work
production (Former Employee), bowling green kyFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: union
good place to work good pay 8 hour shifts no weekends. Good pay good people to work with. good breaks. Getting to see the new cars come off the line and seeing the stuff that goes into the cars .
Electronic Vendor Management System was developed for the benefits of supply chain stores. This system mainly aims at automating the business transact
Senior J2EE/Java Developer (Former Employee), Warren, MIFebruary 25, 2015
• Interacting with the Clients and defining strategies to achieve their requirement.
• Used Agile development methodology to develop and maintain project.
• Following Agile Scrum methodology for stand-up meetings and updates to client.
• Implemented Spring framework (MVC) configured the spring configuration file.
• Used Spring Web MVC framework for the applying MVC Implementation to the web application.
• Developed User Interface using HTML, JavaScript and JQuery.
• Used CSS for branding of screens.
• Used JQuery as a cross browser JavaScript Library.
• Used Spring Web Module integrated with Struts.
• Used Spring AOP module to handle transaction management services for objects in any Spring-based application.
Great pay....terrible work
Assembly/Maintenance (Former Employee), Bowling Green, KYFebruary 24, 2015
Assembly line work is not for everyone. That said, the pay is fantastic for work that is simple. The trouble is that repetitive work is boring and bad for your body.
management was very unconnected to their employees
mechanic (Current Employee), waterloo, iaaFebruary 23, 2015
working for this company as very hard, and the management was very unorganized and treated their employees like dirt, most of the employees were under qualified for their job assignments and management was no help
Bold In-sourcing Initiative to transform GM IT with Innovation to design, build and sell the worlds best cars
Sr Database Engineer (Current Employee), Atlanta , GAFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: startup environment, lots to learn and contribute, great job satisfaction, pay for performance, professional work ethics, great benefits
Cons: work from home is not encouraged
New Management is very professional and result oriented. A great place to work , learn and contribute to the challenging transformational goal.
Productive and Motivated place to work
Assembly Worker (Current Employee), Detroit/ HamtramckFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: profit sharing
I assemble parts to build cars on an assembly line. Sometimes if an employer does not show up for work I act as an team player and fill in for there position.
I thought I would have retired from GM
DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Arlington, TXFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: hard work
I loved to work for GM mainly because I learned so much. I started from the ground up. I began to learn all that I could from the seniority employees by soaking up any knowledge about the machines and the way each department worked. Became a job setter or team leader, then repairman and moved up to supervisor.

The job was hard but, I had fun working there. I realized that at some point it wasn't about fun it was about life. I no longer wanted to work harder but, smarter.
Productive and Busy
SORTER (Former Employee), Flint, MIFebruary 17, 2015
We would inspect parts, then repackage them, and then initial them. The management was great, along with my co workers. Hardest part was just the heavy lifting at times. We had great lunch breaks and enjoyed ourselves while working.
Manufacturing at it s best
Line Operator (Former Employee), Lansing, MIFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: paid lunches, union benefits, great pay
Cons: work is dependent on the market sales
Loved it and the culture was above average, Very Welcoming associates, Very comprehensive training, Clean work environment
Good and Productive work place.
Technologist for BI Operation (Current Employee), Detroit MIFebruary 14, 2015
Working and maintaining several BI platforms for use by the business. I would do metrics reporting for my team using Tableau.
MANAGEMENT, UNION, AND WORKERS SERIOUSLY WORKING TOGETHER WOULD MAKE AMERICA #1 AGAIN!
Assembly Line Production Worker/ SHIPPING CLERK (Former Employee), Flint, MIFebruary 14, 2015
MOSTLY GREAT WORKERS BUILDING SOME EXELLENT CARS & TRUCKS.

WORKERS TAKE TO MUCH PUBLIC BLAME FOR COST OF PRODUCT. OUT OF COUNTRY ISN'T BETTER BUSINESS JUST LARGER BONUSES FOR THE TOP.
WAS NICE WORKING FOR THEM
INSPECTION (Former Employee), Lordstown, OHFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: long hours
GOT TO DO A LOT OF DIFFERENT THINGS BECAUSE THE CARS WHERE DIFFERENT THAT YOU HAD TO LOOK AT. THE HOURS WERE LONG BUT THE PAY WAS VERY GOOD. PEOPLE WERE FUN TO WORK WITH.
UAW
Laborer (Former Employee), Lordstown, OHFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: 2 twenty min payed breaks a day
Cons: uaw will screw you
Work is not diffucult, Job security a real issue, hired in a temp and some temps have been there 2 years or more.. Futher more you pay union dues but the union does not protect you. Also the union pays out profit sharing bonus, but because you are a temp you do not qualify even though you are paying union dues.

A union is needed to protect you from the UAW, they have a 30 percent intrest in general motors, so there is some conflict.
Great Workplace
Skilled Support Operator (SSO) (Former Employee), Warren, MIFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: great co-workers, loved problem solving and organization
Cons: no job security or benefits
GM was a great place to work. I advanced my skills in how to multi-task in a very fast paced environment. My supervisors and upper management I dealt with were helpful and answered all questions I had. The downside to the job was that as a Temporary SSO there was no job security at all. I could come in any day and they could just dismiss me with no compensation.
Factory work in a fast paced environment
Factory Worker (Former Employee), Flint, MIFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: management did provide lunch and breakfast occasionally
Cons: work environment
Packaging of various automotive components and sending the completed package to proper shipping area to sent to various GM facilities. I learned to work fast as there were daily quotas of parts that each operator had to meet to achieve shipping metrics. Management was demanding and for the most part supportive of employees as they worked to meet daily metrics.
Co-workers were helpful and approachable if needed and included me in activities and during lunch breaks. The hardest part of this job was the climate, very hot in summer and cold in winter. Summer was worse, and management did come around with water and asked how each employee was doing. The best part of the job was completing job orders and meeting new people.
Great place to work,
General Foreman (Current Employee), lordstown ohioFebruary 11, 2015
Very Challenging. Get rewarded for hard work and well rewarded Looking for closer to home. Has a lot of diversity and training for working in the environment.
Not the ideal culture
Interiors & Safety Buyer (Current Employee), Warren, MIFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: compensation
Cons: heavy workload, long hours
No Work/Life Balance due to heavy workload. Unreasonable management. Low morale due to management.

Young, educated co-workers.
GM not a good place to work as contract
Senior Designer 4 (NX9.5 with Team Center) (Current Employee), Warren, MIFebruary 10, 2015
Cons: too many furlough days
GM will not hire you direct if your over 50yrs. On with unpaid furlough because of budgets problems except to loose close to two months pay. Make sure you get the highest wage you can get. There will be no raises or addition paid vacation days. 15yrs working for GM as contract was not fun
Productive and safe place
IE Intern (Former Employee), Ramos Arizpe, Saltillo, CoauhilaFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: greats benefics
That was a company were the safe of every empleyee is very important, in every area you will learn a lot of things, the workers there were nice people who alway are availabe to help.
GM is a great company
Purchasing - Global Commodity Manager (USA) (Former Employee), Pontiac, MIFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: great school and they were always at the top
Cons: too many people in some areas
GM is my best working experience. The major challenge has been manage the legacy problem that they have with all retired peopleand UAW

1 2 3 4 5

About GM

Growth opportunities at GM for talented people are as wide as the world. From the design and engineering of new state-of-the-art – Read more