GM

GM Employer Reviews

Good pay but everyday is like a box of chocolates...
Assembly Operator (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INSeptember 13, 2014
I cant speak for all GM plants but this was what I took away from the Ft Wayne, IN plant. Its incredibly hard to get your foot in the door and once you do its a pretty lengthy process before you're actually working. I was a temp for 14 months with the impression I was going to be hired in but was eventually laid off anyway despite getting an award for – more... reporting quality defects and saving the company loads of money. Good pay but no benefits and still had to pay dues to the local union hall without any real representation as a temp. The extremely fast pace was a real challenge at first but co-workers were a big help and eventually I got used to it and enjoyed it. Made some pretty good friends too. Upper and middle management are often a mess of miss-communication and way more concerned about the bonuses they receive for higher numbers than the quality or well-being of any of the employees. Overall its not a bad place but its got some serious issues that need resolved. Maybe they pay well enough so you'll look the other way. – less
I was so excited to be hired and part of the GM Family.
Distribution Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CASeptember 13, 2014
It was a nice experience learning Production and Distribution during my time with General Motors.
outstanding places to work.
official retirement date 4/1/10 (Former Employee), wentzville, moSeptember 12, 2014
Work was outstanding. The work place was well put together and very well run.
fun workplace
Paint booth operator (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: learning
Cons: short breaks
come in make sure every booth is cleaned, prep and ready for cars to be painted. hit was a nice team of co worker that was on the same page which made it easier to get the task done
Great Experience
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee), Swartz Creek, MISeptember 10, 2014
Pros: great location.
First job after graduation, it was a great learning experience.
Doing what I love
Software Engineer (Former Employee), WarrenSeptember 9, 2014
I like doing what I love in development, project management and design for others.
continually gave training classes in management
General Supervisor (Former Employee), Dayton, OHSeptember 8, 2014
I received continuous guidance and schooling to help make my future with the company as enjoyable and fulfilling as possible. We had annual evaluations and received counseling in order to improve.
Great place to work when raising a family.
Operator BOC Lake Orion and Retired (Former Employee), Lake Orion, MISeptember 5, 2014
I have worked almost every department while at GM and have gained a lot of experience at all jobs in manufacturing.
Productive, fun and got along well with everyone.
Production Worker (Former Employee), Arlington, TXSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: i was able to buy a new truck
Cons: i was just a temp, got no benefits, and lost my job.
I loved being in the work. I never miss work, and was very responsible. I'm a self starter and can get along with anyone.
a clean and producktive place to work
Material Handler (Former Employee), Waterford, MISeptember 3, 2014
I worked in a group setting wit several people. Packing and assenbly of automobile parts. I learned to work with others and be part of a team.Management was very fair and friendly and willing to help. Some of the equimtment was old and outdated. fillinng your quoto for the day was rewarding.
Admin Assisitant
Administrator Assistance / Security (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 3, 2014
This job was great. My co workers, management were awesome. I enjoyed every part of that job.
Nice Coworkers
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Warren, MISeptember 2, 2014
Pros: nice co-workers
Cons: not flexible
Being a contract employee. It felt there wasn't much room for advance. I enjoyed the co-workers wasn't a big fan of all of the customer complaints.
Upper Management
Production and Quality Control Supervisor (Current Employee), Lordstown, OHSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: what the offer their employees such as, benefits, fitness and etc.
Cons: keeping contract hired employees to long without hiring them outright.
The Upper Management team was willing to teach new personnel and the other employees were very friendly.
Build Trucks
Assembler (Former Employee), Fort Wayne INSeptember 2, 2014
Work 3rd shift
How hard it is to build trucks
Worked Trim line
management was good
Review
Technical Analyst (Former Employee), Warren, MISeptember 1, 2014
Outplaced when skill set did not match job requirements.
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Life experience
Volunteer for Brain Tumor Society (Former Employee), Dayton, OHSeptember 1, 2014
Good cause. Love to help others who are in need and support. Learning experince.
Fast-pace work
Assembly Line Operator (Former Employee), Arlington, TXAugust 29, 2014
Everyday work was fast pace and being about to stand on your feet for 8-11 hours.

i learned that you have to work efficient and smart.

Didn't really like the management there it seemed as if they played favorites.

My coworkers were fine i had friends with everybody.

Hardest part of the job was just the hours on my shift

Most enjoyable part was – more... not have someone watching over me as i worked. – less
Great company
Hand assembly of lay (Former Employee), Arlington, TXAugust 25, 2014
Cons: only hiring in as temp with huge worries of layoffs
GM is a great company to have an opportunity to have worked for. The company was main goals were keeping the workers safe and providing excellent quality work. My co-workers were like family to me, no one was ever treated as a stranger.
Large Automotive Manufacturer competing in a highly competitive industry
Cadillac District Sales Manager (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARAugust 25, 2014
Focus is on sales and market share growth
Concentrated effort toward sales
Incredible amount of talented employees
Love working in the production plant, amazing to see vehicles build from scratch.
Assembly worker (Former Employee), Doraville, gaAugust 23, 2014
Pros: free snack machine
Cons: short breaks
A day at general motors is very busy. the assemble line starts moving at 6 a.m continuing every 4 hours until break. Management was very helpful.

1 2 3 4 5

About GM

Growth opportunities at GM for talented people are as wide as the world. From the design and engineering of new state-of-the-art – Read more