GM
1,020 reviews

GM Employer Reviews

Its been a while
Communications Manager (Former Employee), lansing, niMarch 29, 2015
Its been a few years since I have been there. I was there before the fall from grace. experience depends on where you are in the organization.
Good
Process Area Lead (Current Employee), Davie, FLMarch 26, 2015
The General Motors LLC corporation is a good place to work. The management is continuing to grow and understand the importance of what the end customer want.
Very good place to start your career
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Detroit, MIMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Benefits, work/life balance
Cons: Month-end reporting; office politics
Working at a large global company like GM means you are given plenty of responsibility right off the bat and get put into high-impact, high-visibility roles with the potential to save the company large amounts of money.
Productive, consistent working
Assembly Line Production Worker (Former Employee), Arlington, TXMarch 24, 2015
Installing seat belts in the 3rd row of certain vehicles. i would take breaks every 2.5/hrs until it was time to clock out at 6am.
Talented People, Great Products but Old culture in several respects
Global Purchasing and Supply Chain - Senior Buyer (Current Employee), Warren, MIMarch 24, 2015
The company has maintained some very antiquated methods and processes but is trying to change the culture. GM has tremendous talent however the resources aren't always used to the greatest extent.

The company does invest in the training and learning endevours of it's employees. Work / life balance is very possible depending on your function or role.

Overall it's a good company striving to become great.
N/A
Customer Service/Case Manager (Current Employee), Warren, MIMarch 22, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
N/A, the contract company was good, but there is no communication among employees. The managing is poor, and the policies are not together.
Very good
Senior Automotive Structural Designer (Current Employee), Warren, MIMarch 21, 2015
Pros: interesting work.
Cons: workload, long commutes
The people are good work and the work is interesting. I hoping this will continue to be beneficial for both of us. My commute is just too long, to be practical.
Challenging and interesting
Test/Validation Engineer (Current Employee), Warren, MIMarch 18, 2015
Challenging work, colleagues are nice. Lot of work loads, not very suitable for promotion even after hard work. Not enough vacation for entry level.
What you learned
Material Handler/Production line (Former Employee), Arlington, TXMarch 18, 2015
Pros: overtime
Cons: hot in the summer
I loved working at GM it was something i never did before, \Very smart people and room for advancement.Alot of overtime, room for advancement. we built a strong sturdy truck.
Good work environment, great pay with benefits
Assembly Line Technician (Former Employee), Lansing, MIMarch 18, 2015
40 hr work week with possibility of overtime. Great diversity of people/co-workers. Great pay rate with benefits! A lot of multi-tasking and learning of different jobs.
Very enjoyable work environment
Quality Analyst (Current Employee), Defiance, OHMarch 10, 2015
Company has a strong training program and great leadership. They seem to be headed in a strong direction with the changes they are implementing.
Assembling Motors
Supervisor (Former Employee), Fairfax Plant (kck)March 10, 2015
Being on time and Attendance was very important. the line started at the top of the hour beginning each shift rather your at your station or not. I learned to use a bunch of different power tools, read manifest and 6 months after working there I was put into the "pool" where I was responsible for Relieving workers and replace anyone that would miss days. Management was very distant but handled a comfortable workplace. Co-workers was very welcoming. Hardest thing about the job was Keeping up with the line until you get the hang of things. I loved the wages and scheduling.
Challenging, Fast-Paced Role
Environmental Engineer (Current Employee), INMarch 9, 2015
Continuous improvement is a must. Each day brings new opportunities for problem solving. Relationships are key as there is plenty to do with limited time.
Exellent Company to work for, great people
Production Business Manager (Former Employee), Linden, NJMarch 9, 2015
Cons: health care, benefits overall was getting worse every contract. specially for the salary folks.
Days were very structured, meetings were kept at a minimum. Learned how time management, Quality control was effective. The hardest part of working there was always keeping the teams motivated towards the end of the transition everyone was stressed towards the last year before the bankrupsy.
The most enjoyable part was the people, they were truly helpful and sincerely wanted to do a good job.
Great paying job
Assembler (Former Employee), Lordstown, OHMarch 8, 2015
Pros: excellent pay and benefits
Cons: some times we had to work a lot of overtime.
Exellent pay and benefits. Great place to work. I ran a spot welder and also assembly line work. I got along with everyone even the weemers. My boss was great and so were my co workers. The hardest part of the job was drilling holes in the roof for the convertibles.
Vehicle Integration - GM
Noise & Vibration Engineer (Current Employee), Milford, MIMarch 6, 2015
I do love working for GM, I love the people I work with, and I have a great respect for what we do to make the vehicles as good as we can. The weather stinks 6 months out of the year, though.
Best Job ever
Welder (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEMarch 2, 2015
I loved working on cars and the managerial staff as well as my coworkers were all easy going, level headed, and good workers. I also loved completing jobs, which always seemed to happen with great accuracy.
good place to work
production (Former Employee), bowling green kyFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: union
good place to work good pay 8 hour shifts no weekends. Good pay good people to work with. good breaks. Getting to see the new cars come off the line and seeing the stuff that goes into the cars .
Electronic Vendor Management System was developed for the benefits of supply chain stores. This system mainly aims at automating the business transact
Senior J2EE/Java Developer (Former Employee), Warren, MIFebruary 25, 2015
• Interacting with the Clients and defining strategies to achieve their requirement.
• Used Agile development methodology to develop and maintain project.
• Following Agile Scrum methodology for stand-up meetings and updates to client.
• Implemented Spring framework (MVC) configured the spring configuration file.
• Used Spring Web MVC framework for the applying MVC Implementation to the web application.
• Developed User Interface using HTML, JavaScript and JQuery.
• Used CSS for branding of screens.
• Used JQuery as a cross browser JavaScript Library.
• Used Spring Web Module integrated with Struts.
• Used Spring AOP module to handle transaction management services for objects in any Spring-based application.
Great pay....terrible work
Assembly/Maintenance (Former Employee), Bowling Green, KYFebruary 24, 2015
Assembly line work is not for everyone. That said, the pay is fantastic for work that is simple. The trouble is that repetitive work is boring and bad for your body.

1 2 3 4 5

About GM

Growth opportunities at GM for talented people are as wide as the world. From the design and engineering of new state-of-the-art – Read more

GM Salaries