GMAC Insurance

GMAC Insurance Employee Reviews

Negative Experience
Material Damage Adjuster (Former Employee), Benicia, CAJune 10, 2015
Pros: A paycheck?
Cons: Poor Management
Management is old and outdated, doesn't understand the needs and tries to find the cheapest solution, not the best one.
productive and fun
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Earth City, MOMay 19, 2015
Pros: friendly and helpful coworkers
Cons: the jobs moved to the Phillipines
I would take 20-40 calls a day and learned how to provide excellent customer service. My coworkers were helpful. I was able to take and pass my license to become a causality insurer.
Customer Service
Claims Representative (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCApril 24, 2015
Great job and I enjoyed working for this insurance compay as a claims rep. I took inboud calls from customer who needed to file an insurance claims due to accidents, towing, gas service, water damage, and property damages.
Call Center
Senior Claims Service Consultant (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCApril 6, 2015
Pros: Great environment
Cons: No room for advancement
Perform in a high volume call center where prioritizing task is a part of my daily function. Responsible for effectively listening to customers for the purpose of writing reports and processing new claims. Serve as a backup to the claims facilitator in assisting with schedule forecasting, processing vacation requests and compiling reports needed by management. Communicate the process of filing claim by possessing a thorough knowledge of the claim process myself. Utilize superior organizational skills to aid in record keeping.
Maintain accuracy and quality levels on all customer inquires. Handle confidential information while complying with the Privacy Act laws for both internal and external customers. Handle special projects which includes the training of new hires and providing feedback in focus groups
Learned many skills on this job
Premium Refund Account Clerk (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCMarch 21, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: parking
I enjoyed working for this company. My supervisor wanted me to learn how the department ran from head to toe. I learned how to perform my job well. My co-workers were very helpful.
I loved that workplace
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 4, 2015
Was a great job, with great employees, the compensation left a little to be desired, but I did manage to move up quickly. The only issue I ran into, was that moving up still based your salary on the previous position.
Would not recommend
Casualty Claim Representative (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 21, 2015
Has gone steadily downhill over the last few years. People are leaving whenever able to do so. Nothing to recommend. Unrealistic expectations from the top.
Customer Service/Renewal Migration Specialist (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCDecember 2, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my job was helping my customer better understand their policies!
great people overwhelming work load
Material Damage Claim Representative (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCOctober 25, 2014
Pros: great work environment
Cons: extremely unmanageable work load
I loved this company and the people I worked with. However, the work load was overwhelming and was not realistic compared to other companies in this expertise.
Used to be fabulous place to work-too many changes and unrealistic expectations now
Senior Bodily Injury Specialist (Current Employee), Winston-Salem, NCJuly 15, 2014
Pros: great co-workers, benefits, good salary
Cons: commute, workload and way too many hours every week
I work with some pf the greatest people ever! I have an awesome manager. That is the reason I have been here almost 26 years. The workload has become very unmanageable and I am working 55-60 hours every week and have been for probably 5 years.I am salary so do not get compensated for the extra hours. I am looking for something closer to home with normal hours or even part-time.
Good first job
Field Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Springfield, VAJune 11, 2014
Pros: company vehicle
Cons: rocky financial situation
• Conducted incident scene investigations and appraisal of losses ranging from automobile
accidents to fraudulent reports of injuries and damages
• Appointed to the Catastrophic Loss Team which assembled in the event of a disaster
such as a hurricane or fire where many customers lost personal property. This position required working upwards of 14 hours a day to get all claims processed and handled correctly
• Worked with management in the handling of file auditing and quality control duties
regarding other employees within the company
• Communicated with outside contractors on the development, management and
distribution of new products to increase efficiency within the department
• Designed and implemented department wide presentations regarding new programs and
tools for business use
Great company culture; too large of a territory to cover.
Field Claims Representative (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CaMay 27, 2014
Pros: management and company culture
Cons: huge territory
Over 70 miles of territory to cover and 19-20 vehicles to examine in a week. 2 adjusters should have been assigned to cover this territory.
However, management and experienced co-workers were very friendly and always there to help with everything.
Enjoyed the work hours
Testing Analyst (Former Employee), Winston Salem, NCApril 23, 2014
Working with computers and testing the new system and checking for errors. Enjoyed working with my team members and loved the hours and pay.
same place as National General Insurance
Sr. Claims Representative II (Current Employee), cleveland, ohApril 18, 2014
Cons: everything
Please see review for National General Insurance, its a god awful environment and very hostile. Employees are continually getting fired right in front you. The seating arrangements are horrible with a setup as a CALL CENTER-BEWARE! There are no BEST CLAIMS PRACTICES HERE!
Terrible Owners
Telephone Claims Representative (Former Employee), Maryland Heights, MOApril 9, 2014
This company was great to work for at one time. The new owners don't care about personal life or time off. They only care about the bottom line.
Cold, unyielding management.
Customer Service Investigator (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: good hours.
Cons: no job secuurity.
Management uses ban-aids instead of major surgery to solve problems. Incredible favoritism.
Not good
. (Former Employee), .January 3, 2014
Not organized. Compensation changes. High turnover rate. Management are not educated on policies and procedures. Can't rely on management for help
Best place I ever worked.
Legal Clerk and Support Clerk I and II (Former Employee), Earth City, MODecember 29, 2013
Open and sort mail. Deliver mail, files as needed. Pulled files as claim adjusters requested. Input claims checks, processed checks, police reports, ran switchboard. Accounts payable/receivables.
Call Center
Agent (Former Employee), Maryland Heights MONovember 18, 2013
sell and service insurance

need time management

I believe they closed
Poor management
Sales Agent (Former Employee), Earth City, MONovember 14, 2013
Pros: decent pay and benefits
Cons: management and work environment.
Conflicting reports/requests from different levels of management. Rules, guidelines, and expectations change weekly. It appears nobody is on the same page at this place.

1 2 3 4