GMAC Insurance

GMAC Insurance Employer Reviews

Used to be fabulous place to work-too many changes and unrealistic expectations now
Senior Bodily Injury Specialist (Current Employee), Winston-Salem, NCJuly 15, 2014
Pros: great co-workers, benefits, good salary
Cons: commute, workload and way too many hours every week
I work with some pf the greatest people ever! I have an awesome manager. That is the reason I have been here almost 26 years. The workload has become very unmanageable and I am working 55-60 hours every week and have been for probably 5 years.I am salary so do not get compensated for the extra hours. I am looking for something closer to home with normal – more... hours or even part-time. – less
Good first job
Field Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Springfield, VAJune 11, 2014
Pros: company vehicle
Cons: rocky financial situation
• Conducted incident scene investigations and appraisal of losses ranging from automobile
accidents to fraudulent reports of injuries and damages
• Appointed to the Catastrophic Loss Team which assembled in the event of a disaster
such as a hurricane or fire where many customers lost personal property. This position required working upwards of 14 hours – more... a day to get all claims processed and handled correctly
• Worked with management in the handling of file auditing and quality control duties
regarding other employees within the company
• Communicated with outside contractors on the development, management and
distribution of new products to increase efficiency within the department
• Designed and implemented department wide presentations regarding new programs and
tools for business use – less
Great company culture; too large of a territory to cover.
Field Claims Representative (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CaMay 27, 2014
Pros: management and company culture
Cons: huge territory
Over 70 miles of territory to cover and 19-20 vehicles to examine in a week. 2 adjusters should have been assigned to cover this territory.
However, management and experienced co-workers were very friendly and always there to help with everything.
Enjoyed the work hours
Testing Analyst (Former Employee), Winston Salem, NCApril 23, 2014
Working with computers and testing the new system and checking for errors. Enjoyed working with my team members and loved the hours and pay.
same place as National General Insurance
Sr. Claims Representative II (Current Employee), cleveland, ohApril 18, 2014
Cons: everything
Please see review for National General Insurance, its a god awful environment and very hostile. Employees are continually getting fired right in front you. The seating arrangements are horrible with a setup as a CALL CENTER-BEWARE! There are no BEST CLAIMS PRACTICES HERE!
Terrible Owners
Telephone Claims Representative (Former Employee), Maryland Heights, MOApril 9, 2014
This company was great to work for at one time. The new owners don't care about personal life or time off. They only care about the bottom line.
Cold, unyielding management.
Customer Service Investigator (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: good hours.
Cons: no job secuurity.
Management uses ban-aids instead of major surgery to solve problems. Incredible favoritism.
Not good
. (Former Employee), .January 3, 2014
Not organized. Compensation changes. High turnover rate. Management are not educated on policies and procedures. Can't rely on management for help
Best place I ever worked.
Legal Clerk and Support Clerk I and II (Former Employee), Earth City, MODecember 29, 2013
Open and sort mail. Deliver mail, files as needed. Pulled files as claim adjusters requested. Input claims checks, processed checks, police reports, ran switchboard. Accounts payable/receivables.
Call Center
Agent (Former Employee), Maryland Heights MONovember 18, 2013
sell and service insurance

need time management

I believe they closed
Poor management
Sales Agent (Former Employee), Earth City, MONovember 14, 2013
Pros: decent pay and benefits
Cons: management and work environment.
Conflicting reports/requests from different levels of management. Rules, guidelines, and expectations change weekly. It appears nobody is on the same page at this place.
Productive and fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Cleveland, OhioOctober 13, 2013
Pros: fun to work with fashion, and build a repport with customers
Cons: base rate
Fun to work with fashion and assist customers with their fashion needs, however base rate is inapproriate for the amount of work and money they incur.
Very high stress environment
Customer Service Support Rep (Former Employee), North CarolinaOctober 8, 2013
Pros: honestly don't have any to provide
Cons: stress, lack of care from management
Having worked for this company for 20 years, I finally decided enough was enough. The company was bought by a man several years ago, who made it clear on a regular basis that the job was more important than family. If you did not like that, then you needed to leave. He lied to employees, which has resulted in hundreds of people being laid off, after – more... he promised all the jobs would remain in Winston. That was not true--the new corporate office is in Cleveland, OH. We were told 3 years ago at Christmas, that we were not allowed to put up the big, beautiful Christmas tree in the lobby that has been put up every year for decades, We no longer received anything at Christmas to show their appreciation for all the hard work we did all year long.

There is absolutely no job security here and there is no room for advancement. Management does not care about you as an employee and they expect you to work 70 hours a week like they do. They expect you to adjust your personal life to fit their business needs, regardless of the cost.

The pay was fine--not what it should be, but it could be worse. Health insurance is very expensive for a family.

I would never recommend a friend or family member to work for this company, which is now National General Insurance. The daily stress is not worth it. – less
Workplace was in a fun environment.
Billing Services Clerk (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 30, 2013
Pros: the company gave the employees discounts on their merchandise.
Cons: the company couldn't work with my school schedule.
I talked to customers placing orders for the companies many catalogs.
thanks
Claims Processor/ Customer Service (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHAugust 22, 2013
I suspect you’ll find very few candidates with a background such as mine and it’s one I’d like to put to work on your behalf.

With my background and experience in the customer service field, I have developed many skill sets which qualify me for this position. I have a thoroughly understanding and ability to:
•Quickly develop rapport with others.
•Proficient – more... oral and written communication skills.
•Works well under pressure; ability to expedite multiple tasks, set priorities, respond to change and demonstrate flexibility.
•Resolves customer problems and promotes customer satisfaction.
•Maintains the highest degree of professionalism in handling all business transactions.
•Sells products and services; experienced in accounts payable and accounts receivable.

A personal interview would allow me to demonstrate my talents. If my experience and background is attractive to you, please contact me at your earliest convenience.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely, Reginald Harris – less
Productive and fun workplace
Automobile Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Ontario, CAAugust 7, 2013
Working for GMAC as a claims adjuster was a dream. The staff and management were very helpful.
Productive and well organized
Senior Test Engineer & On-Site Project Coordinator (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 4, 2013
Management: Best

Co-workers: Nice to work with them

Learned: Business (About Auto Insurance)
The company as a whole is awesome I believe that management in the location where I'm located is horrible.
Customer Relations Advisor (Current Employee), Itasca, ILJuly 23, 2013
This is a horrible company to work for if you don't have a mechnical background. When I started with the company I turned down a position with Verizon after being told there was room for advancement. The people that work there are somewhat friendly however if your not apart of the management in crowd your frowned upon. The agents that work with the – more... company is the most enjoyable part – less
Good company, great location.
Pricing Analyst (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCJuly 10, 2013
Pros: location
Cons: long hours
I liked the company, and loved the city of Winston-Salem NC. Do not write-off Winston-Salem without visiting it first. As for GMAC. It can be high pressure and long hours but there are many highly talented professionals from whom one can learn and plenty of opportunity for advancement. Be aware however that they may be re-locating from their downtown – more... Winston-Salem location. – less
Insurance company going through a leaning up process getting ready to go public
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee), Winston-Salem, NCJune 17, 2013
Pros: direct managment, co-workers are generally great people, vacation days
Cons: salary, stressful, handcuffed decision making process.
This company has been through 3 ownership teams in the past 7 years leading to several different directions and plans on where the company should head. Current ownership from top down has decreed that everyone should do much much more with less. Has lead to a very stressful environment with many great people having been let go within the past 12-24 – more... months.

The future is to become a public company and to become as lean as possible before they finally get there. – less

1 2 3 4