GMAC Insurance Employee Reviews

Very secluded environment
Account Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIMarch 30, 2017
This position was very different. I feel like there was favoritism in many aspects. Management was under developed in communication and interpersonal skills.
Pros
Near home
Cons
Management not very good
Not so bad
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Earth City, MOFebruary 28, 2017
This location is currently closed however, While there it was great you met a lot of nice people and they always fed the staff or had some type of events going on to show they care,
Not the best job
Direct Sales Agent and Billing processor (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCFebruary 21, 2017
I had a couple jobs at GMAC that I liked but left because I didn't care for the last position. Very stressful. I wouldn't work there again.
Job stability was very good but overall underpaid for work that was done
Senior Commercial Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland OhFebruary 20, 2017
Cambridge gave me useful experience to move on with career
The supervisors in my unit were approachable, with some supervisors not so much

Overall a good place to work
Pros
job stability
Cons
underpaid
Great Learning experience
Claims Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CADecember 30, 2016
Gmac Insurance was my first Full Time job. It taught me all major computer programs like Microsoft Word and Excel. The management at GMAC Insurance was very helpful and knowledgeable about the insurance industry. The hardest part of the job was serving 17+ Field Claims representatives and making each one happy. But at the end of the day my work was often praised by them and management.
Pros
Worked from home
Cons
Low pay
Triage/Deployment/Defect Coordinator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 7, 2016
An over all typical work day was good. I worked with good people. Unfortunately they laid many people off after I began working there due to outsourcing their company to India.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
They laid us off to continue their company in India
Great job
Benefits Admin (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJune 29, 2016
Learned a lot about Benefits and Human Resources. Made lots of friends. Always learning. Great co-workers always willing to help
Pros
Learned a lot
Cons
Lay-off
Customer Service Representative
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 8, 2016
I enjoyed helping customers resolve their insurance issues. This was a friendly work environment and the management treated the employees fairly.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Na
PC Sales /Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMay 19, 2016
Excellent Coworkers
No opportunity for growth
Complication with systems.

There should be more opportunity for growth in all departments within this organization
Pros
na
Cons
na
Good company to work for
Sales and Service Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Salem, NCMay 10, 2016
A typical day is spent interacting with customers to ensure their needs are met. Training is on-going. Culture is collaborative.
Fun and productive work environment
DMV Processor, I (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCApril 11, 2016
GMAC Insurance provided room to grow within the organization. Training employees was a top priority as was recognizing a job well done by employees. They also had employee appreciation days which were always fun. I honestly would still work there had I not been laid off.
Difficult place to enjoy working at.
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOJanuary 20, 2016
This company sounded to be ideal at first. However, the department I worked in wasn't run very well. It was a very high volume job that kept you on your toes. You had to be on your best game. The president of the department just couldn't seem to figure out how to keep the staff happy. All in all, I liked my job, just not working for that company.
Fun Place to Work
Claims Representative/Bodily Injury Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CADecember 14, 2015
I would say that working at GMAC was the best job I have ever had. They started me on a pilot program and I quickly advanced to managing injury claims for the entire west coast. We needed more resources to complete the tasks at hand, but we seemed to do very well with our customers and while I was there, we reached a 4 million dollar surplus in the years that I started. I was advised that the surplus was a direct result of my injury management.
Pros
Great Leadership, GM perks
Cons
Location and Economy
Really enjoyed working with the employees
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOOctober 26, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. Due to working in a call center environment, there was little time to interact with other associates.
The company offered classes internally and externally.
Pros
Annual picnic, customer service appreciation week, wireless phone provider discount
Cons
Layoffs
I was ok the short time I was there
Helpdesk Technician (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCOctober 12, 2015
I was not there long, but I answered a lot of phone call from company employees, helping them with login issues. I also worked as the company operator, answering a high volume of calls directing policy holders to the correct person. The co-workers made this job enjoyable.
Hectic environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCAugust 19, 2015
Not there very long, through no fault of mine. Company disbanded the sales department, then disbanded my customer service department.
Pros
Worked with my spouse at same location
Cons
Uncertainty with outlook
Negative Experience
Material Damage Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Benicia, CAJune 10, 2015
Management is old and outdated, doesn't understand the needs and tries to find the cheapest solution, not the best one.
Pros
A paycheck?
Cons
Poor Management
productive and fun
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Earth City, MOMay 19, 2015
I would take 20-40 calls a day and learned how to provide excellent customer service. My coworkers were helpful. I was able to take and pass my license to become a causality insurer.
Pros
friendly and helpful coworkers
Cons
the jobs moved to the Phillipines
Customer Service
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCApril 24, 2015
Great job and I enjoyed working for this insurance compay as a claims rep. I took inboud calls from customer who needed to file an insurance claims due to accidents, towing, gas service, water damage, and property damages.
Call Center
Senior Claims Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCApril 6, 2015
Perform in a high volume call center where prioritizing task is a part of my daily function. Responsible for effectively listening to customers for the purpose of writing reports and processing new claims. Serve as a backup to the claims facilitator in assisting with schedule forecasting, processing vacation requests and compiling reports needed by management. Communicate the process of filing claim by possessing a thorough knowledge of the claim process myself. Utilize superior organizational skills to aid in record keeping.
Maintain accuracy and quality levels on all customer inquires. Handle confidential information while complying with the Privacy Act laws for both internal and external customers. Handle special projects which includes the training of new hires and providing feedback in focus groups
Pros
Great environment
Cons
No room for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GMAC Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4