GMAC Insurance Employee Reviews in United States

Good company to work for
Sales and Service Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Salem, NCMay 10, 2016
A typical day is spent interacting with customers to ensure their needs are met. Training is on-going. Culture is collaborative.
Fun and productive work environment
DMV Processor, I (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCApril 11, 2016
GMAC Insurance provided room to grow within the organization. Training employees was a top priority as was recognizing a job well done by employees. They also had employee appreciation days which were always fun. I honestly would still work there had I not been laid off.
Difficult place to enjoy working at.
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOJanuary 20, 2016
This company sounded to be ideal at first. However, the department I worked in wasn't run very well. It was a very high volume job that kept you on your toes. You had to be on your best game. The president of the department just couldn't seem to figure out how to keep the staff happy. All in all, I liked my job, just not working for that company.
Fun Place to Work
Claims Representative/Bodily Injury Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CADecember 14, 2015
I would say that working at GMAC was the best job I have ever had. They started me on a pilot program and I quickly advanced to managing injury claims for the entire west coast. We needed more resources to complete the tasks at hand, but we seemed to do very well with our customers and while I was there, we reached a 4 million dollar surplus in the years that I started. I was advised that the surplus was a direct result of my injury management.
Pros
Great Leadership, GM perks
Cons
Location and Economy
Really enjoyed working with the employees
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOOctober 26, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. Due to working in a call center environment, there was little time to interact with other associates.
The company offered classes internally and externally.
Pros
Annual picnic, customer service appreciation week, wireless phone provider discount
Cons
Layoffs
I was ok the short time I was there
Helpdesk Technician (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCOctober 12, 2015
I was not there long, but I answered a lot of phone call from company employees, helping them with login issues. I also worked as the company operator, answering a high volume of calls directing policy holders to the correct person. The co-workers made this job enjoyable.
Hectic environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCAugust 19, 2015
Not there very long, through no fault of mine. Company disbanded the sales department, then disbanded my customer service department.
Pros
Worked with my spouse at same location
Cons
Uncertainty with outlook
Negative Experience
Material Damage Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Benicia, CAJune 10, 2015
Management is old and outdated, doesn't understand the needs and tries to find the cheapest solution, not the best one.
Pros
A paycheck?
Cons
Poor Management
productive and fun
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Earth City, MOMay 19, 2015
I would take 20-40 calls a day and learned how to provide excellent customer service. My coworkers were helpful. I was able to take and pass my license to become a causality insurer.
Pros
friendly and helpful coworkers
Cons
the jobs moved to the Phillipines
Customer Service
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCApril 24, 2015
Great job and I enjoyed working for this insurance compay as a claims rep. I took inboud calls from customer who needed to file an insurance claims due to accidents, towing, gas service, water damage, and property damages.
Call Center
Senior Claims Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCApril 6, 2015
Perform in a high volume call center where prioritizing task is a part of my daily function. Responsible for effectively listening to customers for the purpose of writing reports and processing new claims. Serve as a backup to the claims facilitator in assisting with schedule forecasting, processing vacation requests and compiling reports needed by management. Communicate the process of filing claim by possessing a thorough knowledge of the claim process myself. Utilize superior organizational skills to aid in record keeping.
Maintain accuracy and quality levels on all customer inquires. Handle confidential information while complying with the Privacy Act laws for both internal and external customers. Handle special projects which includes the training of new hires and providing feedback in focus groups
Pros
Great environment
Cons
No room for advancement
Learned many skills on this job
Premium Refund Account Clerk (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMarch 21, 2015
I enjoyed working for this company. My supervisor wanted me to learn how the department ran from head to toe. I learned how to perform my job well. My co-workers were very helpful.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
parking
I loved that workplace
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 4, 2015
Was a great job, with great employees, the compensation left a little to be desired, but I did manage to move up quickly. The only issue I ran into, was that moving up still based your salary on the previous position.
Would not recommend
Casualty Claim Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 21, 2015
Has gone steadily downhill over the last few years. People are leaving whenever able to do so. Nothing to recommend. Unrealistic expectations from the top.
Customer Service/Renewal Migration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCDecember 2, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my job was helping my customer better understand their policies!
great people overwhelming work load
Material Damage Claim Representative (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCOctober 25, 2014
I loved this company and the people I worked with. However, the work load was overwhelming and was not realistic compared to other companies in this expertise.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
extremely unmanageable work load
Used to be fabulous place to work-too many changes and unrealistic expectations now
Senior Bodily Injury Specialist (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJuly 15, 2014
I work with some pf the greatest people ever! I have an awesome manager. That is the reason I have been here almost 26 years. The workload has become very unmanageable and I am working 55-60 hours every week and have been for probably 5 years.I am salary so do not get compensated for the extra hours. I am looking for something closer to home with normal hours or even part-time.
Pros
great co-workers, benefits, good salary
Cons
commute, workload and way too many hours every week
Good first job
Field Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAJune 11, 2014
• Conducted incident scene investigations and appraisal of losses ranging from automobile
accidents to fraudulent reports of injuries and damages
• Appointed to the Catastrophic Loss Team which assembled in the event of a disaster
such as a hurricane or fire where many customers lost personal property. This position required working upwards of 14 hours a day to get all claims processed and handled correctly
• Worked with management in the handling of file auditing and quality control duties
regarding other employees within the company
• Communicated with outside contractors on the development, management and
distribution of new products to increase efficiency within the department
• Designed and implemented department wide presentations regarding new programs and
tools for business use
Pros
company vehicle
Cons
rocky financial situation
Great company culture; too large of a territory to cover.
Field Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CaMay 27, 2014
Over 70 miles of territory to cover and 19-20 vehicles to examine in a week. 2 adjusters should have been assigned to cover this territory.
However, management and experienced co-workers were very friendly and always there to help with everything.
Pros
management and company culture
Cons
huge territory
Enjoyed the work hours
Testing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Winston Salem, NCApril 23, 2014
Working with computers and testing the new system and checking for errors. Enjoyed working with my team members and loved the hours and pay.