GMAC ResCap Employee Reviews

Worked on my own reviewing vendors servicing the company.
Administrative Assistant/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXFebruary 24, 2016
This was a Automobile Financial institution. Ally Financial Corporation a subsidiary of GMAC Financial Services.The job assignment was customer service oriented and I appreciated the interaction with the customers and the vendors. I made my own hours and put in the time to make sure each review and investigation was completed on time.
Pros
Self employed.
Cons
No benefits.
good place to work
Collections Analyst Admin/Accounts Payable Analyst (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 25, 2016
was a good place to work I liked my job. I liked the people I worked with. I hated it when the closed the office and moved to florida
Pros
benefits were good
Productive, great work place
Mortgage Processor (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NYJanuary 12, 2016
I loved my boss he was great- we were a great team. He would work from home send me the applications, we would both meet with clients. He was also very good to me, I pretty much ran the office.
Pros
Lunch, Bonuses, Benefits
Cons
Nothing bad to say about GMAC
Productive and enjoyable in office
Funder (Former Employee) –  Fort Washington, PAMarch 10, 2015
First thing in the morning I would check all emails, open my spreadsheet for my daily loans in my pipeline to review for release of funds and finalizing final documents for that particular loan. Approximately 10-30 loans per day and heavy volume at the end of the month. Everyday is a learning experience as loans came in from different states with different guidelines. Management was on hand to assist and give direction. I had a team of 30 co-workers whom I enjoyed working with, in addition to being able to assist when needed. The most complicated part of the job was trying to obtain all necessary documents from clients in a timely manner to ensure a speedy funding process of the loan. I most enjoyed knowing that I had a part in helping families have a new home and I loved the people around me with all the diversity of each person.
Pros
401k benefits matched by employer
Cons
30 minute lunch break
Previous #1 wholesale lender in the nation
Wholesale Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 29, 2016
Residential Capital (ResCap) is the holding company for most of the residential mortgage operations of Ally Financial, the lending arm of auto maker General Motors (GM). The company originates, services, and securitizes mortgage loans in the US and abroad
Wonderful Company - Sad they no longer exist
Individual Contributor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 16, 2016
Great company that truly valued it's employees. GMAC created a great place to work and an environment where you truly loved coming to work and enjoyed the people you worked with. They instilled in you a great work ethic and set you up with opportunities that truly enhanced your skill set. Still striving to find a place of work that could closely compare to this.
Supervisored 10 to 25 employee
Customer Relation Mgr. (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 23, 2016
Hardest part of my job was supervising personnel.

The easiest was the fine employee we hired over the years they for the most part were very hard working employee.
Pros
Every employee had a different personality
Cons
Every employee had a different personality.One had to be very careful on how and what was commicated
Productive and Fun workplace
Risk Associate/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Washington, PAJanuary 9, 2015
Typical day is reviewing and accessing applications for each referral, gathering the proper information for each repurchase file. Daily duties for the department, workorders, travel, setting up appointments, expense reports, PTO records, running reports for management, Excel reports updated daily. Meet with my director for any projects due for the week.

Company has online classes available, training for your position, learned numerous applications due to different roles that I have worked for in different departments. Employees here are happy so its so nice to come to work, makes it enjoyable since you are at work most of your day. Flexible hours if needed, building has everything you need.
Pros
conferences onsite with free lunch, dry cleaning service, cafe, gym, private rooms, close to pa turnpike, great benefits
Cons
cafe onsite is a bit high in price. short lunch only 30 mins.
Fun and Productive
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 19, 2016
company was purchased by competitor, lack of advancement, pay was not equal to skill set and work volume. mundane duties with lack of opportunity advancement
Pros
Diverse Culture
Cons
Limited Opportunity
great place to work with great hours
Loan Counselor (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IANovember 25, 2014
I spoke with customers regarding their account. Each person at my position had a portfolio of loans that they were assigned to. The goal for my position was to provide loss mitigation options to the borrower and work with them by staying in contact with appointments to avoid foreclosure. The worst part of this position was telling customers that there weren't any available loss mitigation options available and the property would be foreclosed on. The most enjoyable part of the position was being able to approve customers for a modification, short sale, or a deed in lieu of foreclosure.
Pros
good pay and great benefits
Cons
job security is unstable
Nice enviroment
Phone Relations / Executive Relation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 11, 2016
I enjoyed helping customers with there account. I met a few Celebrities over the telephone and then I bragged about it to my co-workers.
Great family like culture while it lasted. Branch closed due to restructuring. GMAC is now Ally
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 3, 2012
I worked in the GMAC/Semperian Phoenix Administration Center that handles customer issued for all the existing auto loan accounts. Semperian is/was a subsidiary of GMAC. Due to restructuring, our branch office was closed, and GMAC was morphed into what is now known as Ally Bank. The compensation, benefits and advancement were pretty much middle of the road. What made my nine years with GMAC/Semperian special were not just the customers, but that fact that all of the management and employees considered each other family.
Pros
branch closed, lay offs.
Cons
family atmosphere
Always challenging/financially rewarding
Loss Mitigation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IADecember 16, 2012
This is the hardest job I've ever had. I am presented with a new issue every day. Never the exact same every day. The conversations you have to have with people can be very difficult, and you really have to have a thick skin. Also there are many ever-changing procedures. Fortunately, it is one of the best paying jobs in town. I have learned to be more straightforward and analytical, even slightly more creative. The management has its ups and downs, not everybody is empathetic and egos can be a little out of control. Not a lot of people can hang in there for very long but the ones who can benefit financially. Also the benefits are amazing. Up to 6% 401K contribution match, amazing medical/dental insurance and generous paid time off.
Average company
Bank Reconciliation Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 21, 2012
I did not enjoy my 16 months of employment at GMAC Financial Services. Management told me that the position was permanent when I first started working in 2008. In 2010, they were downsizing and I got laid off. They closed their office in November 2010.
This was the first job I had after my Bachelors and I did not get much out of the position because it was not business related.
A New Jersey staffing agency referred me to GMAC in Knoxville, TN. Overall, the Bank Reconciliation Customer Service position was average because it did not require me to use my Bachelors degree in Business.
Pros
paid time off, benefits, small bonus
Cons
there was not an increase in the salary after 1 year of employment.
Treated their employees like Family
Bankruptcy Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAApril 22, 2016
GMAC mortgage, while in business, was a privilege to work for. They valued their employees work, happiness and opinions. I was heartbroken when they had to file for bankruptcy and sell to Ocwen Loan Servicing.
Foundation Job
Bankruptcy Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Washington, PAMarch 30, 2016
This job gave me a foundation to be strong about other jobs. it was a starting point to help me qualify for other jobs. The step up of this job was to show you how to better yourself, and prepare you to move on.
Pros
excellent training
Cons
no loyality
Educational Oriented
CLIENT RELATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAMarch 30, 2016
What I liked about this job is that this job ensured that I got whatever education that I need to keep me informative in my job. They also ensured that all employees used their time off for family and to rest to make a better person.
Pros
discounts on cars
Cons
lay offs
Closing of Regional Mortage Division
National Call Center - Internal Promotion (Former Employee) –  Richfield, MNFebruary 21, 2014
Please refer to previous comments for more detail
GMAC Wholesale Mortgage division.

Processing all mortgage product pricing, extensions, product placement and review. Guideline research.

Good management support while they were still working.

Excellent teamwork environment until layoff began.

Most difficult time was working with those that were being let go due to a mix of feelings and emotions among them.

Loved working with clients. Really enjoy research and problem solving which was an everyday requirement.
Pros
great location, excellent pay and benefits, agreeable job duties
Cons
closing of facility
I worked for General Motors Acceptence Corporation
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 26, 2015
constant pressure for more productivity. dealing with collection problems daily. worked well with other had average performance
reviews
Pros
good salary and retirement benifits
Cons
constant pressure for more productivity
GMAC was very good to its employees [i.e. significant auto discount, higher than norm 401K, excellent benefits
Senior Post Sale Specialist (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAMay 8, 2015
GMAC Mortgage was a great company! Offered fexible hours, 17 days vacation at higher, 28 days after 5 yrs, etc. Medical, dental and vision benefits were better than more companies in the finacial industry. Highter than the 4% norm for 401K match.