GMAC ResCap Employee Reviews

Part time job
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, NCDecember 15, 2017
I really loved the job at first but they had private issues going on that had no concern to me but was thrown into it so I now there is someone else running it got rid of all the bad so I think it would be awesome now.
Na
RFC Corporate Partner (Former Employee) –  Petaluma, CADecember 11, 2017
Supervised all aspects of Branch Operations for a 20-member team. Educated staff on the strategies used in compliance management, risk management, product development, automated technology and corporate initiatives. Recruited new employees, trained, evaluated employee performance, completed employee reviews, disciplined and terminated associates when required.
On a regional level, I developed quality control procedures improving the import and export functionality between HFN and E-Partners to 98% at the branch level and 50% for E-Partners. Responsible for ensuring compliance for all disclosures and document drawing procedures on a regional level. Travelled 25% of the time.
Gmac was a very compettive place and we you did good made even easier.
Loan Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Citiplace in Uptown Downtown DallasDecember 4, 2017
Gmac which is now Ally bank was a very competetive workplace. We had the most beautifulest view because glass windows were all the way around even in the bathrooms. They had mny floors you could take breaks and walk on. They had many relating areas which ade all breaks worth while. The management was fine but there wasnt much room to advance so the job became competitive because u competed with other people for a bonus structure every month.
Pros
scenary was emaculate on every floor
Cons
You could only wish you had longer breaks
Great organization
Vice President - Customer Operations (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IANovember 28, 2017
Best job I had, but unfortunately, company went bankrupt after 25+ years. This company knew how to choose great leadership as well as open to developing internal resources for management roles.
Great culture and great work environment - it was motivating and exciting to go to work!
Pros
Leadership
Cons
Sub-prime market
Great Place
High Risk Collecor (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 18, 2017
I wish it did not close! It is now Ally Financial and are no longer in the area. Ally is now outsourced to the Philippines. The only companies in the United States are in Florida and Texas.
Pros
Competetive
Cons
The closed
Great Start to My IT Career
Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Elkins Park, PANovember 1, 2017
First IT job out of college and I found a unique group of software development committed to working together and solving technical challenges like how to get the first internet browsers up and running!
Pros
People
Cons
Geese in the Pond
Multiple positions held
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAOctober 27, 2017
I don't know what to write in this section as I held multiple positions in the company over the course of 14 years. It was an OK company to work for but always nervous that they would have a layoff as they did frequently.
stressful and mentally taxing
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  waterloo iaOctober 26, 2017
i had to deal a lot with people who were on the verge of losing their homes if they were not able to pay anywhere from $100 to $20,000 within a month period, a lot of those families were military families who recently lost a loved one overseas. this was very heartbreaking and mentally exhausting
Pros
hot meals for sale in the break room
Cons
upset callers all day long
productive
Foreclosure Sales Review Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 21, 2017
great company to work for .Good benefits including the ease of volunteering/helping the community and matching gifts. Also diversity events and ongoing training a major plus
company closed
Trustee Sale Officer (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAOctober 21, 2017
it was a great with amazing gmac benefits, great workplace culture, great management and workplace environment. The company closed down the mortgage side.
call center environment
Collections Department/Loan Counselor (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAOctober 13, 2017
didn't like working there. worked in collections - cold calls and time limit on collections. was stressfull. everything was on a point system. timed calls.
Realtor
Real Estate Executive Ming Tree (Former Employee) –  Eureka, CA 95501October 11, 2017
Self employed, organized my own day and schedule. I enjoyed the flexibility. Other Agents were helpful and supportive. Office is professional and in a good location.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
commission based
Worked to be in the forefront of the Industry
IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Washington, PAOctober 2, 2017
Work was challenging, but we were always looking for ways to gain market share and be innovative in the industry. Workers were committed to each other and the company, event when going through the challenges that occurred in the housing market.
The split and sale of the company, completely changed all that for the Servicing side of the company.
The company is now out of business
Bankruptcy Loss Mitigation (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 19, 2017
This company filed bankruptcy back in 2013. It was a good company with great people and I really enjoyed working there. Good things never last so enough what you have.
Pros
Pay, people
Cons
bankrupt
Political environment
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PASeptember 19, 2017
GMAC Commercial Mortgage is stable but political. Other IT teams may try to get rid of your team because they want your team's work. Your team needs a good project manager who understands the political environment.
Pros
Good lunches
Cons
Political environment
fun, fast paced work enviroment
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CASeptember 18, 2017
working in the mortgage field is extremely stressful and competitive . It is also not secure because of the level of layoffs. environment was great and everyone was a team player and always ready to help
collection department
TEMP SVCS (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 14, 2017
had a good manager, she was very friendly and worked hard, we did lots of extensions, and paperwork for repossession , good environment, customers were nice and friendly.
District Administrative assistant
Regional Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nutley, NJSeptember 13, 2017
A typical day was answering telephone calls, communicating with upper management, loan officer, clients and customers. It was imperative to have a pleasing disposition, as you are often the first point of contact for customer complaints and issues. Management often stayed to themselves unless it was necessary for them to interact with individuals.

The work place culture was friendly but business professional. The hardest part of the job was learning the every changing upgrades for computer systems and loan qualifications. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with customers and resolving their issues.
I don't think the exist anymore
Real Estate Sales Person (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 6, 2017
Don't exist anymore. They went out of business. It was a real estate brokerage. You basically work for yourself. There is not much more to say.
thanks
Balanced work environment
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 26, 2017
Loved the job, and learnt lots of new things in this job. Manger is very friendly. we used to solve the critical issues together and used see that our clients are satisfied