GP Strategies Corporation Employee Reviews

Poor culture
Senior Media Producer (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIFebruary 1, 2017
Lots of employees who have been there a long time whiokeep their jobs for only that reason. Not progressive, very insular, management doesn't really have a clue about the actual performance of employees. The production department (one person) is awful ... limited skills, poor attitude, insecure bully. Beware.
Pros
Reasonable though not great compensation
Cons
Employees set in their ways, not interested in new/better ways of working, defensive and insular
Incompetent Management
Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  RemoteSeptember 14, 2016
As others have said, the new-hire training is minimal. Business units are run as small companies. My business unit had terrible management. Entire management team was built on cronyism, so managers were unqualified and incompetent in their roles.

Management did not perform proper project analysis and the employees and customers suffered needlessly. Work was always at break-neck speed to meet impossible deadlines. The customer would then be delayed and/or have to cough up more money. The customer loved me and I did nothing but improve the customer's experience with GP, yet I was reprimanded for not being good at snowing the customer. I was basically reprimanded for not knowing when and how to lie to the customer.

As for compensation, the pay was not competitive for my field. When I left GP, my salary increased from $68K to $85K. Benefits are standard but expensive to the employee for such a large company.

I gave two stars instead of one because I admire the work GP does as a company. Though, as far as I know, maybe all of the work suffers from these same issues. ☹️
Pros
Remote work
Cons
Poor management, Low salary, medium expensive benefits, poor customer experience, no work/life balance
Challenging, fast paced job.
Mechanical Engineering Manager & Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CANovember 23, 2014
Although this is a corporation this business unit is run like it's own medium sized company. The staff have many roles which keeps the job interesting and challenging. The business unit performs engineering, design, fabrication, and construction.
Workplace has a productive environment and overall good place to work.
Senior Administrative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TxJanuary 14, 2014
A typical day at work involves ensuring the days agenda is prepared and all tasks are prioritized. Being an administrative person requires being prepared for your tasks and the ability to be available to all personnel for assistance while executing those tasks.

I am the Administrative Assistant to the Sr. Vice President and two Directors. Each superior has very different styles of managing and it is imperative that an Administrative Assistant is able to cohesively work among those styles.

The hardest part of my job is the commute. I enjoy my job and all of its aspects but find the time spent on the road to be a bit of a challenge.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the ability to be versatile and assist various employees, clients and perform varying tasks.
Hard work with a variety of interns
Training Developer Intern (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 2, 2013
I am able to come into the office and work with numerous other interns. We work on documents individually on our own computers but use each other for advice and support. This atmosphere is fairly fast pace but enjoyable. We are able to talk to each other as we work hard.