GP Strategies Corporation Employee Reviews

Poor culture
Senior Media Producer (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIFebruary 1, 2017
Lots of employees who have been there a long time whiokeep their jobs for only that reason. Not progressive, very insular, management doesn't really have a clue about the actual performance of employees. The production department (one person) is awful ... limited skills, poor attitude, insecure bully. Beware.
Pros
Reasonable though not great compensation
Cons
Employees set in their ways, not interested in new/better ways of working, defensive and insular
Incompetent Management
Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  RemoteSeptember 14, 2016
As others have said, the new-hire training is minimal. Business units are run as small companies. My business unit had terrible management. Entire management team was built on cronyism, so managers were unqualified and incompetent in their roles.

Management did not perform proper project analysis and the employees and customers suffered needlessly. Work was always at break-neck speed to meet impossible deadlines. The customer would then be delayed and/or have to cough up more money. The customer loved me and I did nothing but improve the customer's experience with GP, yet I was reprimanded for not being good at snowing the customer. I was basically reprimanded for not knowing when and how to lie to the customer.

As for compensation, the pay was not competitive for my field. When I left GP, my salary increased from $68K to $85K. Benefits are standard but expensive to the employee for such a large company.

I gave two stars instead of one because I admire the work GP does as a company. Though, as far as I know, maybe all of the work suffers from these same issues. ☹️
Pros
Remote work
Cons
Poor management, Low salary, medium expensive benefits, poor customer experience, no work/life balance
Productive workplace
Administrative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 19, 2012
A self-empowered place to work. To work here, you need to be a self-starter, work without management oversight, and be able to teach yourself. The office is filled with very talented, creative individuals who work hard so they can play hard. We have free food, espresso, and ping pong which is a plus.
Pros
free food, cool people, nice work/life balance
Cons
no career advancement training, no training for new employees, little management involvment
Hard work with a variety of interns
Training Developer Intern (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 2, 2013
I am able to come into the office and work with numerous other interns. We work on documents individually on our own computers but use each other for advice and support. This atmosphere is fairly fast pace but enjoyable. We are able to talk to each other as we work hard.
Challenging, fast paced job.
Mechanical Engineering Manager & Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CANovember 23, 2014
Although this is a corporation this business unit is run like it's own medium sized company. The staff have many roles which keeps the job interesting and challenging. The business unit performs engineering, design, fabrication, and construction.