GP Strategies Employee Reviews in United States

I work at a contract location
Training Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 4, 2016
My experience with GP has been from a distance since a work at a client site. Their benefits are very good and I have been with them for over 5 years now.

They are a training organization and work all over the world.
Very hands off management that respects your skills
Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 27, 2015
Very hands off management, as long as you are completing your duties and the customer is happy you are free to manage your time as you see fit. The benefits are good and management is overall fair.
Get the experience and then get out-- white collar sweatshop
Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  VAMay 19, 2016
Many of the jobs at this company are mis-classified as hourly casual jobs. Qualified experienced talent is only engaged ad hoc a couple hours a week at the discretion of low level project managers who don't understand labor laws. The problem is, folks, that it is illegal not to pay hourly employees for their work even if you can't bill the client. Many experienced new hires are brought in under these circumstances hoping to get a full time salaried gig with benefits.
I worked here to get experience. Which I did. And that's it. This company needs a major management overhaul. Hopefully the new overtime laws will cause the leadership to review their management practices
Interesting projects and oppportunities, but unstable company
Senior Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDMarch 15, 2016
While GP is a great company to work for, they are unstable and not doing well in the industry. Employees are made to worry about not having enough work to do and are often furloughed through no fault of their own.
Pros
Interesting work and opportunities
Cons
unstable
Nice place to work
Desktop Support Analyst Tier 2 (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDMarch 25, 2016
Nice place to work has some issues but then what place doesn't, Desktop Support is much the same in any company, GP has its challenges due to the inefficiencies of a team oriented support structure, and organizational issues. Its pluses are its great people its pay structure and its location as well as its stature in the industry.
Great company to work for
Instructional Designer (Current Employee) –  RemoteAugust 27, 2015
The best thing about GP Strategies is their willingness to work with you. Management is extremely supportive in making your job/life balance work for you. They are willing to make adjustments to scheduling, travel situations, and assignments so that you can accomplish your personal goals.
Unfortunately, there are issues with finding job advancement or career path. If you know exactly what you want and how you plan to go about getting there, this is not an issue. However, you have to know what steps to take because the company does not have a direct path to any specific career.
Good company
Mechanical Engineer- Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 29, 2016
Good company great work environment and training. GP Strategies cover many industries and business. they have projects overseas. Flexible hours
Pros
excellent work environment
Cons
it is hard to find a permanent position (they use contractors)
Project Lead
Project Lead (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDFebruary 11, 2016
GP Strategies is an excellent company. Positive management team that encourages growth in all business areas. Great company to engage with for a long period of time.
Fun, quiet place
LMS Administrator - GE Healthcare Global Account (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 1, 2016
I love my workplace. As long as you're going your work, there is no issue. Come in, do what you need to and leave. Pretty great.
Cons
Not a place for extroverts
Very nice company
Program Administrator/Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIApril 13, 2016
I work with a great group of ladies in a very busy call center. We handle many company education/tuition accounts. It is a very good company and very competitive in their fields.

Want to know more about GP Strategies?

Ask a question
Great flexible schedule working from home
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCApril 27, 2016
Great work from home job that allows me to be flexible with my family needs. Small close-knit group that really works well together.
Leaders in the Industry
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDFebruary 12, 2016
Several divisions and leadership. Smart people with great diversity. Most people do not leave. Many employees have been there for upward of 15 years. Experts in the industry.
A basic job in a crowded field
Instructional Designer (Current Employee) –  HQ is in MarylandJuly 10, 2014
This is a company I'd really like to love. Really great people, but the clients are absolutely confused and the distributed workforce doesn't work for higher level instructional design. Make-work projects seem crafted from a high school curriculum while we all log indirect time waiting for additional work. They pay great benefits and pay at or above scale for talent in many geographic areas. If you can stand the lack of focus, lack of process, and lack of purpose.
Pros
exceptionally talented co-workers. good teamwork. one of the best work-at-home policies.
Cons
clients require use of dated technology (winxp! adobe cs5! really?), clients typically don't know what they're buying, company doesn't know what they're selling, the project managers and developers get stuck in the middle.
Job may not last long
Cisco Instructor (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDDecember 5, 2015
My job as a Cisco Instructor for GP Strategies was well-compensated, and I got great management support. Unfortunately, demand for the course I am teaching appears to be evaporating, and I am not getting a lot of work.
GP provides valuable Training Solutions on a contract basis
Training Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 15, 2013
During a typical day at work I am making sure that I am servicing the needs of the client to the best of my ability. I am there to run their training center. I support the trainers and the learners in any way they need assistance. I thoroughly enjoy working with the trainers, both internal and external.

All in all, the most valuable and enjoyable part of my job is the customer service work that I do. I know that I have made a difference.
Pros
working for a large organization allows for great benefits
Cons
having such a small gp presence, leaves me out of touch with the gp culture
It was a good gig while it lasted
Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Elkridge, MD (main offce)August 28, 2012
Attention was paid to see that we were well oriented and prepared for our work. Our manager supported us well with the clients, and their sometimes unrealistic demands. There was a lot of travel, but usually had plenty of advanced warning, and arrangements were made satisfactorily. Compensation was apparently on the low end of the scale, and benefits were lacking compared to previous employers. Not working out of a GP site kept us remote from the company and I never really felt much of a part of it. In the end, we had received reports of new clients being brought on and a rosy picture, then suddenly my scheduled was changed and the next week half my team was laid off due to lack of work. Although one always finds something to complain about with their job, this was one of the best positions I have had and am sorry it didn't last longer.
Pros
good suport from my manager, travel balanced by some downtime
Cons
downsized without warning, travel could be excesive
Fun place to work, great team environment.
Team Lead - Instructional Designer (Current Employee) –  New London, CTJuly 10, 2014
GP believes in creating an environment that allows for creativity to flourish. Teamwork is always encouraged and emphasis is placed on delivering high quality products all while having fun.
Pros
good people
Cons
less pto benefits than provided by other companies.
Great place for the independent thinker
Curriculum Manager (Current Employee) –  New London, CTAugust 28, 2013
Flexible schedule
Requires independent thinking-don't wait for someone to tell you how or what to do
Pros
flexibility
Cons
compensation tradeoff
Creative and excellent management
Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boxborough, MAApril 18, 2014
This company is driven for success. Management easy to reach and excel at communication. Life work-balance is great and extremely talented and fun co-workers!
Pros
growing company, management, work-life balance
Cons
not flexible in finding new assignments
Positive environment that allows for opportunities to develop and refine professional abilities.
Training Consultant - Full-time (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDFebruary 24, 2014
GP Strategies is a positive work environment that provides many opportunities to sharpen skills for a number of career paths. One cam expect to be surrounded by talented individuals to aide in any effort.

The difficult part of the job is rapidly evolving to each client and their specific needs to succeed. This is also one of the enjoyable parts that leads to development of new abilities that one needs to succeed within GP.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GP Strategies. Our community is ready to answer.