HOW TO APPLY— Application is a multi-step process. You will be contacted upon successful completion of each step. First steps:
- Email a cover letter detailing how you meet the following minimum and preferred qualifications:
o Minimum Qualifications. (Required to have your resume considered. Do not apply unless you have them.)
5 years experience in metals and/or plastics manufacturing
2-4 year technical degree
o Preferred Qualifications.
Some type of additive manufacturing-related experience
Machine shop experience
Key Job Responsibilities
- Generation of precise instructions to our operations to ensure that customer requirements are clearly defined and met, or in short, to deliver a quality product.
- Be a subject-matter expert on manufacturing processes and materials to ensure a high success rate in our operations, and continual learning and growth in the technology of Direct Metal Laser Sintering.
- Review potential projects with sales people and estimators.
- Conduct pre-production review of projects for capability, instructions and hand-off to production.
- Conduct post-production review of whether project happened the way it was supposed to happen.
- Build the process/materials information base as a reference tools for estimators and production.
- Provide production support and trouble-shooting.
- Annotate our routings, key instructions or behaviors that the shop needs to follow.
- Provide and filter the information that estimators/quoters enter into the system.
Key Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Attributes
- Substantial knowledge of metal properties and applications, sufficient to know what questions to ask. Knowledge of blueprint and tolerancing practices and conventions. Overall understanding of traditional manufacturing methods.
- Can use CAD images to gather critical project information. Ability to ascertain materials requirements. Effective customer communication to understand requirements. Microsoft Office Suite skills—Excel, Word, PowerPoint. Blueprint reading skills.
Type of Business
- GPI Prototype & Manufacturing Services, Inc. sets the standard for rapid prototyping and additive manufacturing services with practical and exotic applications for all major industries. GPI specializes in additive technologies that impact product design processes and time cycles. Notable capabilities include Direct Metal Laser Sintering (DMLS), Objet 3D printing, RTV tooling, stereo lithography (SLA), Selective Laser Sintering (SLS) and Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM). These technologies build directly from CAD data, and are ideal for low-volume production of metal, plastic and urethane components, resulting in significant time and cost savings. Our market involvement has ranged from pharmaceutical/device implants to aerospace/Department of Defense applications. Over the past 30 years, our product development and prototype expertise has been utilized to support diverse and challenging projects. Today, GPI Prototype is offering all of its rapid prototyping and additive manufacturing capabilities to every major industry. Our industry anticipates 200-500% growth in the next 5 years. Our technologies, processes and materials are well proven, established and documented. Our value proposition is clear and obvious. See also our website www.gpiprototype.com.
Benefits of Employment
- Competitive compensation package.
- Major medical, life insurance, profit sharing and a shared health-club plan.
- Training and support in developing your understanding of additive manufacturing/rapid prototyping.
- A fun and exciting work environment focusing on cutting edge technology.
- Located in beautiful Lake Bluff, IL, 30-40 miles north of downtown Chicago.
Indeed - 13 months ago