GSG Consultants, Inc. (GSG), a leading environmental, health and safety consulting firm located in downtown Chicago, has an excellent opportunity for a Construction Safety Manager/Inspector. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that safety programs and policies of our clients/property owners are correctly administered; that applicable federal, state and local laws are met; and that project sites provide a safe working environment for employees, workers, and visitors.
Primary/Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Plans, implements safety policy & procedures in compliance with Federal/State rules and regulations.
- Provides onsite safety oversight of ongoing construction operations by identifying unsafe conditions, safety hazards and health hazards, and follows up to confirm that issues have been addressed and corrected
- Develops site-specific safety programs/plans to include emergency actions, response, evacuation and security plans.
- Documents and tracks safety-related incidents, accidents and injuries, and assists with conducting accident investigations
- Ensures that all required safety records and reports are complete, accurate and correctly submitted to comply with all internal processes and comply with all local, state and federal regulations and policies.
- Ensures that work the sites have all the required safety, first aid and fire prevention equipment and that they are in good working condition
- Coordinates scheduling and administration of contractor safety training and assists with providing this training
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in occupational safety or related discipline
- Minimum 5 to 10 years construction safety experience on a diverse range of projects and hazards
- Experience providing safety inspection for railroad projects
- First-aid/CPR & AED and OSHA-500 Certifications
- Construction Health and Safety Technician (CHST) Certification
- Knowledge of and experience with OSHA rules, regulations and reporting processes
- Familiarity with safety policies and procedures in a construction environment
- Ability to exercise good business judgment
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in an environment where numerous tasks and projects are occurring simultaneously and to meet deadlines
- Accurate record-keeping skills and detail orientation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to write clear reports
- Good presentation skills and experience assisting with and/or providing safety training preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to interact and with all levels of the company at field sites and offices, and effectively deal with vendors, customers and regulatory agencies
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
Indeed - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard