General shop laborer assisting shop management, lead men, and operators in tasks as assigned.
- Responsible for work as assigned which includes, but not limited to:
o Shop cleanup and basic maintenance tasks
o Assisting operators as required
o Running errands
- Moving materials to/from machines and operating handling equipment as necessary
- Any non-specialized tasks as required by facility leadership
- Ability to work on tasks assigned autonomously until completed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prior work in industrial shop environment beneficial but not absolutely required
- Take instructions in verbal or written form and carry out with minimal supervision
High School Diploma (or equivalent)
Ability to read to read, write, and speak English language.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of basic computer operation
Certificates and Licenses:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Non air-conditioned environment
- Employee to provide own tools or can request reasonable company loan allowance for desired tooling applicable to the work performed
- Employee to provide own work appropriate clothing and steel-toed work boots or can request reasonable company loan allowance for desired work clothing and/or boots
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 60 pounds on regular basis.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stand and walk.