GTS provides natural gas and electric utility clients with engineering, construction, operation, maintenance, and strategic consulting services. GTS understands that there is not a one size fits all application for management or operational needs in these challenging industries. We firmly believe that every client and, more importantly, every project is unique. To help achieve client objectives, our consulting, engineering, project management, and construction management support is customized to support our clients' dynamic project needs.
Our leadership team consists of former utility executives experienced in engineering, construction, operation and maintenance of natural gas pipeline and electric transmission & distribution systems.
The CAD/GIS Designer will prepare drawings and exhibits for design, permitting, land acquisition, operation, maintenance, and construction of gas and electric systems. The CAD/GIS Designer may be responsible to review as-built documentation for accuracy and report findings. The CAD/GIS Designer is also responsible to maintain historical drawing files for the designated life of the project.
GTS will not pay for relocation from out of state therefore, priority will be given to in state candidates.
Requires Associate’s degree and a minimum of 1 year applied experience
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare construction and fabrication drawings from approved design drawings and other design documents
- Provide feasibility sketches for new or modified installations to designers based on installed plant conditions
- Prepare drawings, forms, maps, and lists based on approved details provided by designers and engineers
- Prepare sketches of details not included on existing drawings to accurately reflect as-installed field conditions
- Prepare design drawings with either plan and section & detail format or plan and profile as designated by the senior engineer
- Complete job summary and construction notes for review by project engineers
- Prepare exhibits
- Prepare bill of material lists
- Perform computer searches
SPECIFIC SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proficiency in Auto CAD, Arc GIS and Acrobat Reader
- Customer Focus
- Innovation (Creativity)
- Proficient use of MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Project, and PowerPoint
- Effective Communication - Written and Verbal
- Utility Business Understanding – Desired
- This position resides in the Walnut Creek, CA office
- 10% travel time is expected
$22.00 - $26.00 an hour depending on experience. Compensation will consist of base salary, retirement package (Safe Harbor 401k and profit sharing), comprehensive health, dental and vision benefits, life insurance, vacation, sick pay and paid holidays.
It is the continuing policy of GTS, Inc. to afford equal opportunities for all qualified persons, regardless of their race, creed, color, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, disability, medical condition, marital status, or veteran status. No person shall be excluded from employment consideration on the basis of these factors.