Production Support Specialist
In depth knowledge of HP, MAC/Apple, Dell, Sony and IBM computer configuration and deployment.
- Setup and Configuration of Mobile Devices (Blackberry, iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, Air Card, BES Server and Active Synch and Air Card).
- Demonstrated knowledge of standard networking protocols, computing operating systems, & LAN/WAN topology.
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and standard business applications. * Setup and configuration of Local/network printers (HP/Dell/Lexmark and Cannon) and remote access for mobile travelers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in order to communicate with customers, peers, and vendors.
- Excellent customer services skills with attention to detail. Ability to work in a team based environment as a full professional with significant contribution to the department.
- Typically at least 3-5 years in the service and operation of computing hardware and related peripherals.
- Professional certification (e.g., A+) preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and willingness to learn proprietary equipment and applications.
- Associate¿s degree in electronics, computer science, or a related field (or equivalent education/experience/training).
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer desktop hardware and applications. Duties: * Hands-on Production Support
- Provide on-site and in person user support for office/newsroom computer infrastructure systems and desktop PCs, including configuration, installation, problem correction, move (up to 50 lb lift), removal/replacement, or other tasks as necessary to ensure continuation of customer work productivity and/or on-air transmission.
- Record critical information in the internal tracking application in order to
(a) clearly document the problem, action taken, and end solution for a historical record;
(b) monitor and update the status of various customer problems at any given time;
(c) provide a medium through which to share knowledge regarding the evaluation and correction of technical problems with other Production Support professionals;
and (d) capture data to be used by management and Senior BIT Production Support Specialists regarding problem trends, resolution time, costs, or other metrics.
- Implement an acceptable solution that meets the customer s needs in a timely manner. * Accurately report and track requests for services through to completion including follow up communication with the customer.
- Based on an analysis and evaluation of the technical problem, determine a suitable course of action that considers factors such as the criticality of the hardware/software/peripheral technology environment, the specific technology in question (e.g., operating system, type and brand of hardware, 3rd-party or custom software), connectivity, etc.
- Test proposed solutions as possible before implementing to ensure compatibility and stability within the Turner environment, and communicate with the customer in a timely manner to ensure understanding of problem status and resolution.
Indeed - 15 months ago