Jr. .Net Developer 1-3 years
Seeking candidates for the position of Associate Software Engineer.
The ideal candidate is looking for an entry level position in a small entrepreneurial environment. Responsibilities include supporting, coding, debugging, and unit testing healthcare software applications of a moderate to high level of complexity.
Candidates must be flexible and willing to assist across all aspects of product development, support, and deployment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Become an expert in highly configurable proprietary healthcare applications understanding how each software component, system design, and configuration is linked together to form an end-to-end solution
- Provide 3rd tier support to Help Desk associates on an as-needed basis
- Maintenance of existing applications performing tasks related to coding, testing, implementation and documentation
- Work independently under the general direction of more senior team members
- Must be able to develop software within estimates
- Stay current with software and industry trends
- Interact professionally and effectively with co-workers and customers
- C# in an ASP.NET environment
- Microsoft SQL Server & T-SQL
- Experience with Microsoft Networking and Security, Microsoft IIS Applications, Microsoft SQL Server scripting and Microsoft Operating Systems required.
- Experience with a Source Code Control system
- Effective oral and written communication skills, interfacing with other software engineers, Help Desk associates, internal peers, and management. Will also interface with customers and other non-technical personnel
- Troubleshooting skills, isolating problems and finding creative solutions
- Analytical skills and proficiency in object oriented development
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and sense of urgency and decision making with day to day customer issues
- Handles multiple tasks and is able to prioritize appropriately
Nice to Have:
- Single page web application
- JS/AJAX frameworks (Dojo, ExtJS, jQuery, etc.)
- Windows & Web Services (Web API, MVC, etc.)
- Working with small teams using agile/scrum development methodologies
- Experience in a Continuous Integration environment
- Healthcare or Healthcare Information Technology Standards Experience
- Developing enterprise applications deployed at customer locations
- Flexible platform architecture & development
- Experience with VB 6 & C/C++ 6
- 0-2 years of related software development experience
- Requires Bachelor's degree in a related area or equivalent experience.
- Ability to function effectively in a fast paced, team oriented work environment
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize workloads
- Ability to operate effectively under conditions of moderate ambiguity