Job Description/Objective We are seeking an application architect to join the architecture team. As a member of this team, the individual will help provide the overall guidance and structure for creating and maintaining the software portfolio.
- Develop high level system and capability migration or evolution plans and assist in the phased introduction of strategic solutions and technologies
- Lead the development of a technology roadmap that addresses current state challenges towards achieving a desired future state
- Review and provide guidance for systems design to ensure progression toward the targeted business strategy
- Research and develop strategic technology opportunities in support of business strategy
- Prototype/POC new technologies to determine suitability of functionality, stability, maturity, etc. for timely and appropriate adoption
- Assist in the definition of application architecture
- Help determine how technology can be applied to meet specific business needs.
- Assist in the resolution of high-level functional issues.
- Assist the business analysts in the development of functional and integration requirements specifications.
- Coach the project teams in the design and development of application solutions following a standard software development lifecycle process (SDLC)
- Review, evaluate and approve development artifacts including technical designs, code and configurations
- Examine, evaluate and provide usage guidelines for new technologies and/or third party packages
- 8+ years of applicable work experience with at least 3+ years of experience as an architect, senior developer or technical team lead with the Microsoft .NET Architecture framework, including ASP.NET, C# and/or MVC.NET
- 5+ years of experience with OOA/D and application design patterns.
- 3+ years of experience with web service technologies and standards: WSDL, (SOAP), XML/XSD, WS-*, etc.
- Extensive experience with design patterns, system architectural concepts and frameworks
- Working understanding of Microsoft technologies and their capabilities, including .Net 3.5/+, SQL Server 2005+, BizTalk 2006+, WCF, WF and SharePoint
- Technical expertise in high performance website systems and web services in a .NET/IIS environment, and performance tuning/scaling of such systems
- Experience in the design and/or developing of SOA solutions
- Experience in the design and/or developing of Mobile solutions
- Experience with team-based development
- Ability to follow standard processes Non-technical Requirements
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven strong innovative and analytical ability with extensive implementation experience
- Experienced team player * Able to work independently and address multiple overlapping complex projects