Skills & Attributes:
This is a Test Engineer position, with preferred emphasis in product/framework and UI testing, to support the CIM products development, in the Teradata Engineering Office in Raleigh, NC.
The Test Engineer designs, develops and executes test cases and test plans. The Test Engineer should be very familiar with developing material in an Agile test environment. Responsibilities include working closely with the development, test, and PM teams for backlog grooming, defining of acceptance tests, detailed test case writing, and test execution. The Test Engineer may also be required to perform environment setup, including: hardware configuration; installation, configuration, debug of the application and related hardware/environment variables.
The candidate must be able to work effectively in a demanding collaborative environment. The candidate should have experience as a member of an agile software development team and be able to define acceptance tests as part of the story planning process. Technical aspects of testing are also required, including writing test-related code & test scripts, user acceptance tests, and the management of testing environments.
- US Permanent Residence
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field and expertise
- Excellent interpersonal skills, team player, and consensus builder.
- Good understanding of the Integrated Marketing Management space.
- 2+ years testing in Agile software development teams
- Defining user stories and associated test cases
- Experienced in quality assurance practices and tools
- Experienced in white and black box testing
- At a minimum, the candidate should have experience with the following:
bug tracking software – JIRA, and related.
social Media testing.
- Minimum of 3 years Test Automation experience/skills using Selenium, SoapUI, or Watin.
- Ability to write well-written test cases for manual testing
- Desire to execute heavy manual testing, following written test cases and/or adhoc testing.
- Intermediate SQL skills to mock up test data. Teradata, SqlServer, Oracle
- Ability to size test efforts given high level business requirements.
- High level of commitment to attendance, multi-tasking, flexible to change as the job evolves.
- Familiarity with:
installing and configuring environments such as:
Tomcat/WAS app servers.
Windows2008, Suse Linux, Red Hat, AIX
LDAP (OpenLDAP, MS Active Directory, ADAM, Kerberos, Shibboleth, others)
- Log and verify bugs in a defect tracking tool (Jira).