It is a 6 month to hire position for a major IT organization. Candidate can be located anywhere in the USA but must work in Eastern Time Zone.
- Has a 4 year degree. Marketing / business preferred.
- Experience with demand generation campaigns and marketing communications execution. Project management abilities.
- Experience with contemporary marketing (online, digital, social media).
- Experience working with marketing budgets.
- Big Company Experience
MUST understand they will work with a team on eastern time. While the plan to hire is YES, it is not guaranteed.
The ideal candidate has junior-level to mid-level experience. No senior-level candidates
The Marketing Specialist, teaming with the Marketing Strategist, is responsible for managing the execution of marketing activities, campaigns and tactics, and ensuring they meet all scope, time, budget and quality expectations. This person is responsible for working closely with cross-functional services teams such as the Digital, Events, Marketing Operations and Content teams, as well as external agencies, to drive execution and meet individual internal client needs, with the goal of enabling the client to deliver improved marketplace awareness and demand generation that contributes measurable ROI to the business.
Working with the Marketing Strategist, plans, creates and executes end-to-end Marketing project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
Facilitates internal meetings and acts as official record keeper of notes and action items.
Assists in managing internal and external resources in the cross-functional services teams and identifies other resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities.
Manages day-to-day operational aspects of campaign tactics and scope.
Reviews deliverables and ensures deliverable quality before submitting to Marketing Strategist for approval; keeps team informed of changes and deliverable dates.
Minimizes exposure and risk on project; resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
Ensures project documents are complete and current.
Manages campaign tactics/projects against Client budget.
Working with the Campaign Execution Manager (CEM), analyze and report on campaign/activity results.
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in related field with 5 - 7 years of Marketing campaign development and project management experience.
· Experience with multi-channel marketing, including multi-touch marketing automation-based campaigns, using applications such as Aprimo, Unica, or Eloqua. Experience with salesforce.com a plus.
· Demonstrated efficiency with vendor and budget management.
· Experience with executing target audience segmentation strategies.
· Experience operating in a shared services model with proven ability to work effectively in a team-based environment.
· Demonstrated experience driving innovation and continuous operational and execution improvement.
· Demonstrated strong organizational skills and ability to meet high standards for quality and accuracy.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills, core competencies, knowledge and attributes:
· Proficiency with project management tools such as Basecamp, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Access, Excel, etc.
· Knowledge of and competency in project management processes including planning tasks, resource allocations, risk management, time management, financial management, monitoring and reporting, documenting and record keeping.
· Strong attention to detail; ensuring project documentation is accurate, up to date, and distributed to all relevant stakeholders.
· Ability to multi-task, managing multiple complex, multi-phase projects at various stages.
· Demonstrated expertise in creating and maintaining project deliverables such as project management plan, status reports, communications plan, budget and schedules.
· Proactive mindset and ability to plan, communicate, and deliver project plans accordingly.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment and have sound business judgment in project prioritization.
· Business-to-business campaign management and demand generation experience.
· Knowledge and experience with digital marketing, marketing automation and campaign management tools.
· Operational experience in social media, search engine marketing, marketing automation, multi-touch marketing, lead nurturing, or other digital marketing initiatives; including demonstrated success in project managing the execution of such activities.
Market Methodology/Assessment & Return on Marketing Investment
· Knowledgeable of concepts including buyer’s cycle management, and persona-based and account-based marketing.
· Analytic skills with the ability to present qualitative and quantitative marketing results.
· Identify potential process gaps or deficiencies and act as catalyst for process improvement.
· Comfortable with and able to demonstrate appropriate conflict resolution strategies and know when and how to escalate issues to the appropriate stakeholder.
· Strong interpersonal skills; the ability to work well with people from different disciplines with varying degrees of marketing and technical experience; competence in clear concise and tactful communication (verbal and written) with senior management, clients, peers and team members.
· Excellent oral/written presentation skills.
· Adaptability and flexibility to manage deadline pressure, ambiguity and change.
· Strong decision making, problem solving and leadership skills.
· Results oriented self-starter with ability to work independently.
· Solution oriented and proactive.
· Ability to adapt to changing environments and priorities.
· Ability to execute quickly and with high-quality precision.