Gabriel Brothers Employee Reviews

Processor - Cashier - Mark (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WV 25304October 10, 2016
Cashier, processor, or mark down team. Whatever was needed that day and the most help I was placed. Worked in retail for 10 months.
It's a great place to work! Friendly employers!
Cashier/Stocker/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Beckley, WVSeptember 28, 2016
I enjoy working at Gabe'a but I only work 2-3 days a week and I am married and I am the only one working and I need a new job! What sucks is you can hardly take breaks and also, we have no air conditioning and the place I work in is lovely but very stressful cause we never have enough help!
Pros
30 minute lunches!
Cons
hard to get s break
most positive, great management understanding of family
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVSeptember 2, 2016
6:00 til 2:30 day shift, shipping and receiving , the hardest part of the job is lifting heavy shoes and boots.Most days is learning something new. sorting and processing for shipping
Pros
set breaks and lunches
Productive and fun
Department Manager and Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boardman, OHAugust 30, 2016
Putting out merchandise on a daily basis, running register, following flow charts. I learned all about retail. I learned how to merchandise. I became a manager of the Men's Department, so I learned all about the department and its operations.
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 18, 2016
Lots of room for advancement! Management was really approachable and made us all feel appreciated. I enjoyed my team it allowed our days to run smooth with everyone on one accord.
Productive and very fast paced
Cash Office Associate (Current Employee) –  Greensburg, PAAugust 16, 2016
very fast paced. greet customers in the most utmost professional manner. learned how to manage cash, which is very interesting. work with some great people.
Pros
nice employee discount
Cons
short breaks, no benefits
It can be a fun place to work for
Cash Office Associate (Current Employee) –  Midlothian, VAJuly 27, 2016
I enjoy working for Gabes except for the lack of hours I am given. I only work 3 hr shifts. I have met a lot of new people from all walks. I have learned how to process merchandise. The hardest part of my job is have to be to work at 6 am for only 3 hrs of work. I enjoy counting the money and making sure everything equals out or not and to figure out where the missing money is.
Pros
fun place to work at, nice discount on purchases
Cons
There is no potential for advancement, terrible communication between management and employees
busy
Cashier/Fitting Room Attendant, Gabe's (Former Employee) –  York, PAJuly 14, 2016
Management was unprofessional
Co-workers somewhat helped each other
Typical day at work Picking up clothes, customer service
Enjoyable time at work is lunch break
semi-busy environment
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHJuly 5, 2016
A typical work day is clock in, walk to register, sign in, and await for customers.

Once i get a customer either for a return or purchase i scan items and prepare the finish process of payment with either check,cash,or card.

Manaegment is either on the floor or in there office
Job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Saint Clairsville, OH 43950June 16, 2016
Good first job
Employees are nice
Customers are friendly
Discounts are available to employees on pretty much anything in the school
Manageable
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDJune 10, 2016
Typical day at Gabriel Brothers is enjoyable just for having that satisfaction that you've provided a customer with every ounce of customer and communication skills that you are granted. Management on the other hand was the opposite, but I did learn that the hardest jobs are the ones that bring out the true character of a person. Above all I enjoyed helping customers through the day to find what they needed to satisfy themselves.
Pros
Helping Customers
Cons
Short Breaks
Overall a very good working environment
Asset Protection Specialist/Manager (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WVJune 5, 2016
Decent work/life balance. Great leadership in the AP department. Worked beside executive branch to better serve the AP department and implement changes to protect assets in all stores.
Pros
travel requirements and availability for advancements
Hard work but great associates
Merchandise Manager (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMay 31, 2016
Great associates make the work experience worth it everyday .Each day is a surprise and the amazing team in the store rise to the challenge .
Pros
Staff is like family
Cons
No ability to have life outside of work long hours no set schedule
Productive and active retail store
Great customer service (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMay 9, 2016
In a typical day of work, if you start out in the morning, there is a meeting at the front about how the store did yesterday and how we could improve on it the next day. The environment is spacious, so the worker has room to walk around and help other areas if needed quickly. The workers are usually friendly, we always communicated well with each other. We help each other if needed as well. The hardest part of the job was being able to get around to everyone while the store was open, this is because the customers would some times not have any patience and needed attention immediately and i would have to tend to them before going into my next task. It was also the best part because having that interaction with customers is satisfying to them because it lets you know that you care for them.
Pros
Employee discount on all items
Cons
Short Breaks
simple and easy environment
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVMay 2, 2016
works running register and backstock products, walked around picking items up of the floors putting unwanted items back cleaning register areas, and customer service
It was a cool place to work at with a good atmosphere
Stock (Former Employee) –  Boardman, OHMarch 28, 2016
A typical days work would be cleaning isles then I would put things that were on the floor back where they were suppose to be. I would also be called to the front from time to time to do price checks. them if I had time left after that I would clean up the isles till it was time to go home.
Great team of people!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lavale, MDMarch 22, 2016
A typical day is never ordinary there is always something different in the mix of everything.
Management is average.
Employees there are very helpful in every department.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult customers but it's easy to move past that.
The most enjoyable part is the staff.
Fun and Family orantied
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cicinnati OhioMarch 1, 2016
Its a good place to work at when your in high school. The discounts on clothes are worth it and its 10% off of the purchase you make and there are always sales.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Not enough hours
Good staff and enjoyable atmosphere.
Retail Staff/ Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHFebruary 20, 2016
I really enjoyed working at Gabriel Brothers. It was a simple job and the people I worked with were nice. I liked the hours they gave me too.
Happy and unbelievable!
Director of Customer Engagement (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVFebruary 10, 2016
I learned everything working at Gabe's. Not one regret, I absolutely loved it. I met the best leaders and colleagues. We treated the workplace like it was home, we laughed, cried and produced results. A very good team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gabriel Brothers. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6