Gabriel Brothers Employee Reviews

I enjoyed customer service
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Sharonville, OHOctober 16, 2017
I needed more hrs and a better opportunity to advance. The scheduling of the employee's were favored by seniority therefore I was not getting a full weeks pay throughout my stay there as an employee.
I had took seek other employment after seeing that my schedule wasn't going to change.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Not enough hrs
Slow pace not enough hours
Casher/Stocker maintenance unloaded truck (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 15, 2017
Co workers were assume management was rude not enough hours for me to support my family slow peace 45 min lunch break thats a plus. Won different prizes unload truck day was hard not enough people to get the job done but i diffently maintain it in a timly fashion.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Not enough hours.
Nice place to work if you like working with diverse customers
Part time evening/weekend floor staff (Former Employee) –  Sharonville, OHOctober 3, 2017
Working at Gabes gives the opportunity to work with a diverse culture of customers. It can be fast paced and very busy. It is a job that gives the opportunity to learn.
Very calm and collected place
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Niles, OHSeptember 28, 2017
Working at Gabriel Brothers was a different pace than what I am use to. At Gabes I would have to stand behind the register and wait for people to be done shopping so I would have something to do. I am more of the type of person that likes to move around.
Fact paced; customer oriented business
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVSeptember 27, 2017
Gabriel Brothers is a discount retail outlet for clothing, footwear, accessories, and housewears. Working as a floor sales associate was very fast-paced and physically demanding. The management I worked under was very organized and efficient.
Pros
Flexible hours
A good place
Cash Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDSeptember 18, 2017
It helped pay my bills. IT was close to home. I loved my discounts. Staff always seen what came in first. Supervisors was pleasant toward me. It was an experience in retail.
I enjoyed my time working there
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVSeptember 13, 2017
I didn't have too many complaints working at gabes. My hours were good and my co-workers were great to work with. They didn't have a good policy for injuries and Dr excuses. I was asked to resign or be fired due to a car accident.
horrible horrible place
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, MDSeptember 10, 2017
do not work here. Managment is awful. Place is a wrecking ball. So much stock coming in and not enough workers to get it out. Long hours and too much to do.
Overall not a bad place to work
Cash Controller (Current Employee) –  Fairless Hills, PAAugust 31, 2017
Productive and fun place to meet people. You get 10% discounts on all merchandise. There is no overtime required. and there is no annually increase for part time work
Pros
store discounts
Cons
Management does not communicate
Poor company to work for, but good management mostly.
Happiness Crew & Great Styles Crew (Current Employee) –  North Canton, OHAugust 25, 2017
Been through 3 store managers in 4 years. One quit, one advanced, and the current one is a nice person, but not necessarily a good manager. Other management mostly friendly. You mostly get a higher position if you are friends with the store manager. Company itself: good discounts, but that's about it. Company changes stuff that works and makes it confusing and messy looking for customers. One week you can work 25 hours, and the next week you can be down to 10 hours. Mostly get 5-10 hours in the winter after Christmas, until Easter.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No chance at full time, poor raises
Productive workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 22, 2017
It was a nice store, I was a cashier at that store but I wasn't there very long because I had to relocate and I didn't really have a way to and from work at that time but I wish I could get it all back if anything now than ever.
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
38 minute
Bad buisness
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  York, PAAugust 9, 2017
Not sure if it is still the same, but when I worked there, the way they handled their employees was questionable at best. Pay raises did not exist. Cashiers had higher pay rates than warehouse workers, even though we had the more stressful tasks, And the hours they gave were barely enough to get by.
An fun and uplifting place to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 6, 2017
Management was great everyone got alone and we always worked together as an team the hardest part was the customer that wanted to get mad over prices that didn't come up right , the most enjoyable part of the job was having an cookout and new sales and also giving back to the community
Pros
Discount on clothing
Cons
Not long enough breaks for everybody
fun inventory
Cash Office/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAAugust 2, 2017
depending on the department you work in it can be real stressful ecspecially working along side of the manager. He is the perfect description on work harrassment
Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHJuly 26, 2017
Very productive. Relaxed. Time consuming. It was like my second home. I love working in general. I don't know what to really say here. So I'll just put what I have down
It's alright.
Cashier, floor (Former Employee) –  Weirton, WVJune 30, 2017
I love most of the people there but they seem to hire management that doesn't work well with others. Wouldn't be nice if hours didn't get cut all the time either, due to I've hiring.
Pros
Sometimes free lunches
Hillbilly Central
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHJune 29, 2017
These rednecks will work you to the bone and they don't care about following the law. If you go to work for them be ready to stay long past your scheduled shift or to be sent home because they made a mistake on the schedule, and it doesn't matter that it took you over a half an hour to get there!
Pros
employees
Cons
Redneck culture
Complicated
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Beckley, WVJune 24, 2017
This place is very unorganized and never has you doing what you should be doing. You are pulled all over the place back and forth and can never finish one project.
Cons
Percs of being around new clothes all the time
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 21, 2017
I wasn't a Gabriel bros very long.. I moved on to work at the casino shorty after I started there. The short time I was there I made some lifetime friends.
Pros
New clothes
Cons
Not enough hours
productive and fun work place
Front End Supervisor/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVJune 20, 2017
Customer Service
Money Handling
fast pace
management changes a lot, but all of the managers seem to be well rounded in the field
relaxed environment but productive