Implementation Manager – Bloomington, Illinois (relocation may be considered)
Client Engagement Group
*Salary Range*: $55,000-80,000 DoE
What the heck is a Gaggle? Well, technically it’s a flock of geese, but we’re rewriting that definition. We like to think of it as a safe online learning environment used by teachers to communicate and collaborate with their “gaggle” of students. Why? So students are more engaged by using 21st Century technology. Gaggle extends the boundaries of the “classroom” and keeps it interesting! Of course, geese hang out a lot in the clouds, so it just makes sense that Gaggle is a cloud-based software service that schools can access anywhere/anytime. Oh – and our “nest” is located in Bloomington, IL conveniently located between Chicago, Indy and St. Louis.
About the position
The Implementation Manager is responsible for the planning and implementation of Gaggle services for new district-wide customers with over 50,000 accounts. The Implementation Manager will apply and manage all components of the company’s implementation plan, including timelines, client expectations, training, and management of the project team. In addition to ensuring successful implementation of Gaggle in the first year of use, the Implementation Manager will be responsible for transitioning the district to the assigned Account Manager. They will be responsible for maintaining and creating necessary documentation and resources for the company’s implementation process for all customer levels. They may also be required to participate in the sales process for potential clients, and manage pilot programs for strategic customers. Other responsibilities include tracking and reporting project activity, management of the implementation budget, and participation in regional and national conferences. The Implementation Manager will be assigned additional projects and responsibilities as needed.
- Reports directly to Director of Client Engagement
- Drive successful implementation of Gaggle services for large district clients
- Coordinate project teams including company (sales, customer service, trainers, implementation specialists, technical support) and client team members (IT, curriculum, administration, educators)
- Develop custom project plan for each client including scope, schedule and metrics designed to steer clients to successful deployments of Gaggle within their organization
- Organize and lead client kickoff meetings with key stakeholders
- Supervise all project phases including system setup, training, and account rollout
- Maintain risk management strategies to ensure client retention
- Input notes, projects and activities and monitor and manage tasks through Sugar CRM (Client Relationship Management software)
- Utilize Gaggle’s internal Company Reporting System (CRS) to identify exceptions and manage on-time project completion
- Build/maintain relationships with client via phone, written communication and face-to-face contact
- Collaborate with sales department to identify up-sell and cross-sell opportunities
- Demonstrate Gaggle’s applications, and provide presentations at industry trade shows as required
- Maintain an executive appearance and provide a positive company image to clients
- Other duties as assigned
- 3-5 years of experience in project and/or account management, preferably with cloud based software applications
- 4-year degree in a business or education-related field preferred
- Strong work ethic and high initiative
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Strong interpersonal, conflict management, communication (all forms) and leadership skills
- Advanced problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to pass a criminal background check required to work onsite at school locations
- Keyboarding skills of 50 WPM or above
- Proficiency with MS Office and Projects
- Rapidly adaptable and responsive to changes in environment and priorities
- Ability to elicit cooperation from peers, other departments and client personnel
- Ability to travel, with occasional overnight travel, up to 25% of the time
- Background in technology, K-12 services, and/or education preferred
- PMP certification preferred
- Experience with Visio, KPIs (metrics) and business process analysis preferred
- Experience as a trainer would be a plus
So why join Gaggle? We’re growing so fast we can hardly keep up, and we keep winning awards for our innovative technology. We have a few millions friends that now Fly Gaggle, so we need more help! If you’re up for the challenges above, we offer fantastic benefits for our full-time team members that include all the goodies like two weeks’ vacation, medical, dental, and even a Simple IRA with matching company contributions. How cool is that? Apparently not enough, because we also give our team the whole week off from Christmas through New Year’s (how’s that for “Happy Holidays”?).
We’re no fly by night! We’ve been around over 12-years now, and began serving up safe email (our first product) in 1998. We’ve come a long ways since then, and there are close to 50 Gagglers now, and we’ve had to change “nests” every few years just to keep up with our growth. Gaggle is not your normal company to work for though. We know how to have fun and our team members work hard and play hard together (that’s why our “Board” room has a Wii and bean bags). Bowling nights, baseball games, pizza lunches are just a few examples… and some get a little whacky – but always fun! At Gaggle, our core values include treating people well, hiring exceptional folks and letting ‘em rip, taking risks and providing customer service to the extreme (sometimes it even makes our accountants faint!).
Sign me up! Not so fast – but we like your enthusiasm already! Here’s the deal – shoot us over a resume with all your particulars and slap a cover letter on it that shows us what makes you different. Better yet, send us a video cover letter – that would be way cool! Feel free to steer us toward anything that makes you stand out – we’re looking for standouts!
Gaggle is dedicated to providing safe online communication tools for schools, and has been a leading provider to school districts throughout...