Gaia Interactive, Inc. is seeking a developer with system administration or systems engineer experience to join the Operations team. This position is full-time, based at our office in San Jose, and reports to the Sr. Director of Operations. In this role, you will be responsible for all aspects of Gaia's production systems with an emphasis on developing and improving tools and automation.
Tools Developer Duties:
- Design, implement and/or extend software for effective management, automation, data collection, performance analysis, monitoring, and alert of production systems.
- Interface with engineering and operations teams to incorporate requirements and deliver core operations infrastructure components.
- Conduct design and code reviews.
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability and stability of various system resources.
- General Sysadmin responsibilities.
- Participation in on-call rotation.
Tools Developer Requirements:
- Strong working knowledge of Linux internals and core systems services (DNS, smtp, syslog, etc). CentOS preferred.
- Strong scripting experience with Perl and/or Python preferred.
- Strong relational database experience - MySQL preferred.
- Tools development: experience developing systems automation tools (using Python, Perl, shell, Ruby, etc).
- Experience with systems/configuration management (Puppet, Chef, CFEngine, kickstart, etc.)
- Experience with open source monitoring and alerting systems (nagios, zenoss, cacti, etc).
- 3+ years of industry experience developing web applications.
- 2+ years administration experience with multiple versions of Linux.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- IP network experience: experience with switching, routing, security and load balancers.
- Experience with AWS, VMware, KVM or XEN based virtualization.
- Experience with other UNIX operating systems. OpenBSD and (Open)Solaris preferred.
- Experience working with the Django framework.
Indeed - 21 months ago