Gaiam Inc Employee Reviews

Great Culture
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisville, COAugust 24, 2016
Gaiam has truly been an AWESOME place to work - they have helped me grow as a leader and as a person. Great mentors and support teams. Relaxed environment with top notch leaders.
Pros
Amazing culture / best people
Cons
bought out -
Good Company
ROYALTIES ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Louisville, COFebruary 22, 2015
The culture of this company was great. They promote health and wellness, which is very important. The job I had did not allow for advancement, which was the only con to working here.
Great company to work for
Director of Legal Affairs (Current Employee) –  Louisville, CONovember 2, 2014
My boss has been an exceptional mentor. He does a great job at keeping me involved and explaining the "why" behind actions taken. I have learned and grown a lot.
No comment
Sr. Brand Manager, Marketing (Current Employee) –  Universal City, CAMarch 6, 2013
Typical day is somewhat meeting heavy, which is normal for an independent brand marketing company. Co-workers work together fairly well. Some cross-department issues, but they are often worked out in the end. Immediate managerial staff is supportive and helpful.
Pros
co-workers, external brand partners
Cons
no comment
"Lower" Mgmt = Lower Worth
Assistant Manager - GT Customer Relations (Former Employee) –  Office Headquarters - ColoradoDecember 19, 2011
I worked for Gaiam for 5 1/2 almost 6 yrs and the only real, good thing that they did for me was let me collect unemployment, knowing that they were firing me in the THIRD wave of "layoffs" that occurred. I don't believe that they stand behind their mission statement and I don't believe that it's the work you do there, it's who you know. If I hadn't had caught the eye of the assistant manager at the time of the catalog customer service dept., I would've been fired in Feb., 2006 like all of the other temporary employees. Gaiam is the type of company where office gossip runs rampant and their "rules" only apply if you're new to the company or if there is someone respected that "protects" your job. It's really quite sad. I must say that I appreciate the time I spent there and the team that *I* particularly worked with, however, I do not believe that they are running their company with the high-moral standard that they lead people to believe and their practices from pricing to HR to "upper" mgmt are truly out-of-control and sub-standard.
Pros
good health benefits, beatiful working environment, decent compensation
Cons
feel expendable, no managerial training, conflict of interest in staffing at times, hypocracy

Want to know more about Gaiam Inc?

Ask a question

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gaiam Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6