The Gainesville School of Ballet is a forty-six-year-old institution in Gainesville, and an on-going chapter in its rich arts history. You will be the first point of contact for the school. Responsible for caring for and communicating with dancers, their parents, and potential new students. You will also perform a wide range of administrative and office-support activities, ensuring the efficient operation of the school. Our work is seldom, if ever, boring!
Currently, this is a part-time position, estimated to be approximately 20+ hours per week. Schedule flexibility is required. During the academic year, the administrative assistant will work Mondays, Wednesdays, and possibly, Fridays, from 10:45am to 5:00pm and every other Saturday from 9:00am to 12:00pm. The administrative assistant reports to the Gainesville School of Ballet's executive director and artistic director, and works in partnership with the Gainesville Ballet Company’s administrative assistant.
The summer schedule varies, although the average number of hours worked per week generally continues to be twenty or more.
- ; Assist students, their parents, and potential new students
- ; Answer, respond to and/or transfer inbound phone calls
- ; Prepare email responses to routine inquiries
- ; Update social media (Facebook, Twitter, website, etc.)
- ; Maintain accounts receivables and prepare deposits
- ; Perform general clerical duties including photocopying, fax and mailing
- ; Maintain electronic and hard copy filing system
- ; Fulfill requests for information and data
- ; Prepare and modify documents including correspondence, reports and emails
- ; Must love children, appreciate their parents, and their perspectives!
- ; Be proficient with Microsoft Excel and Word, particularly Excel
- ; Possess social media expertise and the ability to communicate professionally in a clear and concise manner
- ; Be a detail-oriented individual, who conversely,
- ; Possesses the ability to prioritize responsibilities
- ; Be a collaborative, team player, driven by a sense of urgency and a bias for action!
- - Background check and Excel test are required - -
If you have no meaningful knowledge of Excel or are a student, college or otherwise; PLEASE do not waste your time posting. Thank you!*