GAINSCO Auto Insurance Employee Reviews

Terrible senior leadership
Former Claims Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 12, 2017
Gainsco has a "life cycle" of middle management. They chase numbers for 2-5yrs and when results dip - regardless of industry standard supporting information - they fire various mid level leadership - typically the MD Manager, BI Litigation Manager, Claims VP or MD VP
I witnessed this happen multiple times in my 5yrs there.
They are totally focused on profit driven results with zero regard for the results of the rest of the insurance industry.
The upper management needs to change in claims or they will continue to flounder in results, lose quality employees and provide terrible customer service.
I took a job elsewhere for less $$ because of this.
Pros
Some good staff that really care
Cons
Poor senior claims management
Great place to learn about insurance
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 8, 2017
Management is great, if you are gonna learn about time management here is the place that well show you how to perfect it.
Hardest part of the job is that they are understaffed so the workload can be overwhelming at times.
Pros
Cons
Understaffed
Poor Senior Management
Bodily Injury Claims Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 30, 2017
The Buck Stops Here...said no Gainsco senior manager ever. Totally number based performance with no regard of work life or actually knowing what goes on. Decisions are made with no forethought or regard to front line employees and when numbers aren't what they are, there is no investigation, just firings.
Pros
Bad Work environment makes for GREAT coworkers relationships
Cons
Stress, Weight gain, poor mangement
Claims :(
Claims Adjuster PD and BI (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 18, 2016
All claims offices kinda suck. If you read every single review, none have all positive reviews. All insurance companies purposely under staff and expect more of employees and then have a lot of rewards either monetarily or food in order to make you forget the 60-70 hour weeks you have to put in just to barely keep up. The job itself is really common sense but take focus and organization. If you plan on going home when your shift ends don't work here or any other claims job for that matter. However, if claims if claims is all you know then this office has a great atmosphere and the people are awesome. Both co-workers and management.
Pros
Rewarded for hard work
Cons
Hard work never ends
Productive environment
Claim Salvage Title Clerk (CSTC) (License (Former Employee) –  Doral, FL 33172February 17, 2016
I loved working for Gainsco Auto Insurance since everyone in that building was very charismatic, professional, team-workers in any of the departments...It makes you feel supported and cared.
Pros
Well Organized and productive
Cons
N/a
Senior Claims Adjuster/Mentor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 7, 2015
Great place to work, some management could improve.

great work environment and benefits and treated me very well thru some hard times
its ok
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 6, 2015
ok company. high turnover, lots of entry level positions. not high pressure or stress though. the benefits and comp isn't great, but not a first job out of school
Pros
friendly people
Cons
compensation
Great company!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 28, 2015
I feel as though the company is truly concerned about my wellbeing and happiness. My ideas and thoughts are heard and my opinions are valued by my leaders. I think GAINSCO is a really great place to work!!
Pros
great benefits, great leadership, great culture
Productive, fun work place, with a full-time espresso delivery person on staff!
SIU Investigator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 11, 2014
Great job, appreciates passionate, focused people who thrive on process improvements and excellence.
Micro managed
Call Center Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 1, 2014
Co-workers are great, new management is really bad, who have the mentality that all size fits all, and that if you ever question them you will be written up, (they will find a reason to do so). Company is great, great pay, great HR dept. but really bad supervisors (UW).
Pros
good pay, great co-workers.
Cons
micro managed, management is terrible, new hire training is the worst.

Want to know more about GAINSCO Auto Insurance?

Ask a question
Good Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 6, 2014
It's a great place to work for, very fast paced workplace. The management is friendly and caring. However, there is somewhat of preference in choosing individuals for particular projects.
Pros
free lunch when they ask to work 30 minute lunch vs your full 60 min. lunch (most of the time)
Cons
short breaks that you have to ask for
Valuable Learnings
Fire & Theft Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 24, 2013
in my 6 years have learn a lot in handling auto claims, was able to obtain P&C licenses in 4 other states
Pros
great hours
Cons
huge turnover
Proactive work environment
AGENT SUPPORT/UNDERWRITER (Former Employee) –  Dallas,TXAugust 21, 2012
Working for the corporate office was a great opportunity to learn more about auto insurance and as an underwriter I had the authority to evaluate and deny any potential risk's for the company
Good company
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 17, 2012
My typical day at work is 7-4pm no lunch break as I work 4 days and have one day off. Would like to work more from home as my job allows that.
Great Place , Great work enviorment
Underwriter/ CSR (Former Employee) –  Dallas, txFebruary 28, 2012
I have achieved and surpassed the departments goals percentage for each CSR, by setting a personal goal. I have an average of 90 calls per day and over 100 or more endorsements processed in a day. Job duties include assisting auto insurance brokers and insured’s with auto policies. Processing endorsements over the phone for agents and signed endorsements faxed in by agents, sending agent memos, non-renewing policies, reinstating policies, taking payments and canceling policies.
Pros
team bulding lunch and learns

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GAINSCO Auto Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2