Successful candidate will:
Create 3D models and drawings to design automotive performance components and systems, ensuring the components interact together in order to achieve optimum performance.
Develop prototype hardware and create production drawings from prototypes.
Coordinate prototype fabrication and installation activities to ensure products and systems conform to engineering’s design and specification.
Write technical specifications and engineering documents.
Develop Bills of Material and product installation manuals and owner's manuals.
Determine best materials for the application by researching various external component and materials suppliers.
Review specifications to ensure component compliance and compatibility with our products.
Interact with purchasing, manufacturing, customer service, installation and outside vendors throughout all phases of product development.
Work closely with engineering personnel in the fabrication of test apparatus and equipment, and the development of methods and procedures for testing products and systems.
Successful candidate will have relevant technical degree (i.e.: CAD, drafting) and 5-7 years experience using CAD software (at least 1 year Solid Works) to create 3D models and drawings, OR EQUIVALENT COMBINATION of education and experience within the automotive industry. Experience with foundry processes and plastic molding processes (injection and rotational) desired.
- Highly responsible, self-motivated and able to thrive in an energetic, fast-paced, creative environment.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment.
- Hands-on; completes tasks and dependable; proactive in nature.
- Knows what needs to be done and operates with a sense of urgency, focus and discipline.
- Have excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal).
- Team player, with a strong sense of ownership and a 'get things done' attitude.
Over fifty years of engineering milestones for Gale Banks Engineering founder and president Gale Banks began at age 14 with an engine...