Galileo Learning Employee Reviews

Summer Intern
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Menlo Park, CA 94025May 30, 2017
If you enjoy working with kids who are always curious about science, fashion, singing, art, outdoor play and learning you will definitely enjoy this job.
Best Job!
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAApril 21, 2017
This job is perfect for anyone who is a teacher and has summers off or just loves working with kids. The environment is very supportive and is focused on improving your skills as an educator and a leader.
Fun working area with engaged students
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 10, 2017
I coordinated and led weekly camp games for 30 teachers and 200 kids, ages 5-13. I created and implemented a system for scheduling staff lunch breaks, to solve for lack of adult supervision for 200 participants. I've co-taught science units about astronomy and background on rocketships, while supporting 10-15 students who built a model rocketship to launch at the end of camp. On a regular I led daily projects with 15 pre-kindergarten children such as making jester hats, a Play Doh sculpture of Mount Everest, and building their favorite animals made out of Legos.
Pros
acceptance
Positive culture though gilded at times
Outreach Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAFebruary 10, 2016
Galileo is a great place to work right out of college. You'll have a fantastic experience and will gain a lot. I found trying to advance or growing out of your initial role very challenging.
Pros
Fun, Positive, Games some days, Everyone is mission aligned.
Cons
Enormous work volume, limited worklife balance, little to no opportunity for advancement.
Like summer camp but all year round
Curriculum Production Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CASeptember 12, 2015
Great place to work, great people and awesome environment. Very close knit work staff. Crystal clear expectations with steady goals. A job where it is okay to make mistakes and open to new ideas.
Growth oriented environment
Camp Director (Current Employee) –  Manhattan Beach, CAJuly 18, 2015
This position requires constant analyses of what is working and not working. From staff quality, to operations, to parent experience - this is a fast paced, challenging environment with extensive professional development.
Amazing staff and activities for campers.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMarch 27, 2015
Creative and engaging activities for campers K-5th. Themed weeks with creative skits, really brings the spirit of camp to the campers and parents.
Pros
Room for advancement every additional year.
Cons
Not enough days in the summer
A company that lives its mission and values every day
Chief Operating Officer (COO) (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAMay 2, 2014
Imagine working for a company where...
- over 90% of employees agree that staff meetings are a valuable use of time
- feedback is valued, welcomed, encouraged, and not scary
- there are mini dance parties to celebrate milestones
- everyone is committed to being visionary, courageous, collaborative, determined and reflective
- the mission is to develop innovators who envision and create a better world
- you are surrounded by intelligent, passionate, and committed professionals every day
- and more...

During my first few months at Galileo, I pinched myself daily because I couldn't believe that I'd found such a functional, fun, supportive, dynamic, mission focused and performance driven environment. Seven years later, I'm as excited to be a part of this company as I was on day one. We run camps, and as such, everyone in the office works hard to bring the spirit of camp to work everyday. I love working with kids and have been fortunate to be able to spend most of my summers each year visiting and supporting our camps. Having seen the impact of our work first-hand and I can't imagine myself doing anything else.
Pros
Fun at work everyday, meaningful mission, focus on growth, values lived out in real time.
Cons
Though fun, it's a lot of hard work and every role requires a big commitment. But totally worth it.
Inspiring, fun place to to work where you'll be pushed to be your best self
Area Director, North Peninsula & Chabot Region (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAMay 2, 2014
My experience with Galileo has been invaluable in my development as a leader and as an innovative thinker. From amazing training, ownership to make my vision of an educational community come to life, and accountability I feel to build that community year after year, my time Galileo has been the single most rewarding professional experience to date. I get to work with some of the most fun and inspiring people I know, and we're all working towards an amazing mission to develop innovators who envision and create a better world.

At camp a typical day is chock-full of laughter, imagination and hard work. All camp staff are managed and supported by a Camp Director, who will be there to check in on the progression of your goal and professional development and ensure you have the tools you need to be successful at camp. For me the most enjoyable part is the moment you realize that you've grown and developed as much as the campers have. The days are long, however summer is short - filling those 6-10 weeks with camp is a kid's dream come true (and we're all just big kids, right?)
There are many reasons Galileo was voted one of the best places to work!!
Interview Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAApril 29, 2014
If you want a work experience where you employer works hard to help you be successful, makes sure work is incredibly fun and that you also feel accomplished and amazed by everything you got done then apply to Galileo. We practice are mission and values in everything we do and it creates a collaborative environment where we are visionary, determined, courageous, and reflective every day.
Fun Culture, Enthusiastic People!
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CAApril 29, 2014
Very impressed with dedication of staff to campers, curriculum, and parents. Made lots of new friends and learned some new skills to boot.
Pros
Professional Development, skits and games, staff appreciation
Cons
Long demanding days
Awesome Place to Gain Valuable Skills in a Unique, Fun Environment
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAApril 28, 2014
As an Operations Coordinator at one of Galileo's day camp locations, I ran daily operations, supervised a summer intern team, and assisted the Camp Director with management duties. Everything from the first interview through to the end of summer was well-organized and (most importantly) FUN! Kudos to management for delivering on their promise of professional development for staff through regular meetings to discuss my goals. High schools students, experienced teachers, and everyone in between can continue to develop here year after year.
Pros
Great time with kids, working side by side with talented leaders
Cons
Wish they'd expand to other areas
Incredibly High-energy and rewarding place to work!
Camp Counselor/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 3, 2014
Most enjoyable- putting smiles on peoples' faces! Also, working in close conjunction with parents and kids, to mold the curriculum into exactly what the customer wants!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Galileo Learning. Our community is ready to answer.

4.7