Gallagher Bassett Services, Inc. Employee Reviews

Place for a Job, Not a Career
Resolution Associate (Current Employee) –  TennesseeMay 1, 2016
I got this job right out of college to gain experience with different clients and to observe different risk management techniques. That is exactly what I got, nothing else. I throughly enjoyed my co-workers and my manager; they made work as enjoyable at possible.

Negative:
Perhaps the biggest issue with GB is their inability to retain young talent. The sub-par compensation aside, they have a horrible claim handling process that is grossly inefficient. Upper management doesn't seem to have desire to improve it. They look for the adjusters to make up for the slow computer system and the ridiculous expectations from the clients.
There is very little opportunity to grow within the company outside getting promoted to a senior adjuster. No opportunity to switch job duties and take advantage of the vast amount of different positions at AJG.

Positive:
My co-workers were great to work with. They were very approachable and willing to provide assistance.
Pros
Venders brought in food frequently, personalized training
Cons
Pay, Work Load, Long hours, horrible system
Not a great place to work
Resolution Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FloridaSeptember 14, 2015
Disorganized place to work, with no systems in place for new hires. No one wants to help nor train. Lots of promises from management but no follow through. Poorly run claims management team and service. No training on any of their systems. Claims managers who could care less. If you don't know an answer to a question, try to find the answer as no one wants to help you. Terrible place to work. Would not recommend.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Great company and people
Senior Resolution Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 7, 2015
The people at GB are awesome. The benefits are comparable for the industry. Expect to work long hours to keep the caseload from escalating. Not a very good work/life balance but this is true of the industry as a whole and not specific to GB.
Pros
great benefits, great people
Cons
Long hours, extreme high level of stress
Productive with room for growth
Senior Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAJune 12, 2015
Provides very good training for new employees; great opportunity to work from home; opportunities to work with minimal to no supervision from home; decent compensation package.
Pros
work from home
Cons
pay could be better
Horrible Company to work for
Senior claim (Former Employee) –  MinneapolisDecember 25, 2013
Management does not understand the needs of their employees. Employees micromanaged very heavily, monitored and tracked emails to make sure they were being worked. Micromanaged diary to ensure completion daily. While diary and email is important, the workload was too heavy and the micromanaging just added to the problem and didn't help it. No training, adjusters expected to and held to adjust claims outside their expertise level and would be thrown under the bus if not handled correctly. Overall a horrible place to work.
Cons
management
don't sell your soul.
victim (Former Employee) –  SacramentoMarch 20, 2014
They just don't take care of the people they serve. if your employer has this company and say you get an on job injury. just get a lawyer because your health will suffer waiting on them to do anything for you. The claims workers have way to many clients so you just wait and wait. Then they will stall and keep stalling while you suffer in pain!
Cons
don't sit by the phone waiting for approvals for f
Typical Day-
Claims Techical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 26, 2014
Hard work with too many interruptions from fellow works who would rather visit with each other or the vendors. Co workers constant complaining about their work load and others.
Pros
i learned alot and was able to take on line classes
Cons
management not the best.
Management is Flexible
Sr. Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  MNNovember 4, 2012
I would like to start off by stating that I feel that there are very few companies out there to fall under the four and five star ratings. I feel that Gallagher Bassett Services is an average company and provides average benefits to the employees.

The company as a whole identifies themselves as a family business and their business structure is designed as such. Most of the individuals that I have worked with have family that works for the company and/or work with their spouse, and this is seen through promoting within the ranks. I do believe that if you work hard, then a promotion will be granted; however, family appears to be promoted prior to anyone else. I was promoted within the first year and I do not have family with Gallagher Bassett.

The compensation package appeared to be very well upon being hired but later realized that I am under compensated based on my experience and expertise. The insurance is another portion of the compensation package that needs to be restructured and geared towards families.

The branch culture was very positive and the colleagues were exceptional to work with. Job security is no issue in this industry or at this company unless you are combative with management. The job itself is not very difficult, so long as you can put up with the corporate bureaucracy. The workload is very demanding and you are expected to put in the hours to accomplish the job duties.
Very unreasonable and disappointing place to work.
Senior Property Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOMarch 24, 2013
I worked for GB for ten years before being terminated when I turned 60. I specialized as a property adjuster early on in my career. I had very little liability claims experience. I was hired as a senior property adjuster ten years ago and handled property claims for the first eight years. I worked an average 60 hours a week to keep up with Gallagher Way expected claim load. It doesn't matter how complex the claims get, or how many new claims you get, you are expected to keep up. Management is only concerned with the adjusters claims load. When the property claims decreased I was given senior level liability claims and was expected to maintain the same volume of claims with little training or learning curve allowance. Supervisors and management are only concerned about their own jobs and could care less about the employees, other than how to make themselves look better. I am the third to be terminated that were close to my age range in the last couple years. I would not recommend employment with Gallagher.

I am now 60 and terminated from my last adjuster’s job. With 30 plus years’ experience, I cannot find a job, so I can finish out my chosen career to retirement in this great economy! So I am now changing careers thanks to Gallagher Bassett Services. People ask what severance package I was given after ten years? Well, I got to keep my 401K and they did pay me for a few vacation days I had not taken, that's it! A thankless place to work.
Pros
pay and benefits are standard
Cons
unreal expectations and no employee appreciation or carrying

2.2