Gallagher Bassett Services, Inc.

Gallagher Bassett Services, Inc. Employer Reviews

don't sell your soul.
victim (Former Employee), SacramentoMarch 20, 2014
Cons: don't sit by the phone waiting for approvals for f
They just don't take care of the people they serve. if your employer has this company and say you get an on job injury. just get a lawyer because your health will suffer waiting on them to do anything for you. The claims workers have way to many clients so you just wait and wait. Then they will stall and keep stalling while you suffer in pain!
Horrible Company to work for
Senior claim (Former Employee), MinneapolisDecember 25, 2013
Cons: management
Management does not understand the needs of their employees. Employees micromanaged very heavily, monitored and tracked emails to make sure they were being worked. Micromanaged diary to ensure completion daily. While diary and email is important, the workload was too heavy and the micromanaging just added to the problem and didn't help it. No training, – more... adjusters expected to and held to adjust claims outside their expertise level and would be thrown under the bus if not handled correctly. Overall a horrible place to work. – less
Very unreasonable and disappointing place to work.
Senior Property Adjuster (Former Employee), Maryland Heights, MOMarch 24, 2013
Pros: pay and benefits are standard
Cons: unreal expectations and no employee appreciation or carrying
I worked for GB for ten years before being terminated when I turned 60. I specialized as a property adjuster early on in my career. I had very little liability claims experience. I was hired as a senior property adjuster ten years ago and handled property claims for the first eight years. I worked an average 60 hours a week to keep up with Gallagher – more... Way expected claim load. It doesn't matter how complex the claims get, or how many new claims you get, you are expected to keep up. Management is only concerned with the adjusters claims load. When the property claims decreased I was given senior level liability claims and was expected to maintain the same volume of claims with little training or learning curve allowance. Supervisors and management are only concerned about their own jobs and could care less about the employees, other than how to make themselves look better. I am the third to be terminated that were close to my age range in the last couple years. I would not recommend employment with Gallagher.

I am now 60 and terminated from my last adjuster’s job. With 30 plus years’ experience, I cannot find a job, so I can finish out my chosen career to retirement in this great economy! So I am now changing careers thanks to Gallagher Bassett Services. People ask what severance package I was given after ten years? Well, I got to keep my 401K and they did pay me for a few vacation days I had not taken, that's it! A thankless place to work. – less
Management is Flexible
Sr. Claims Representative (Current Employee), MNNovember 4, 2012
I would like to start off by stating that I feel that there are very few companies out there to fall under the four and five star ratings. I feel that Gallagher Bassett Services is an average company and provides average benefits to the employees.

The company as a whole identifies themselves as a family business and their business structure is designed – more... as such. Most of the individuals that I have worked with have family that works for the company and/or work with their spouse, and this is seen through promoting within the ranks. I do believe that if you work hard, then a promotion will be granted; however, family appears to be promoted prior to anyone else. I was promoted within the first year and I do not have family with Gallagher Bassett.

The compensation package appeared to be very well upon being hired but later realized that I am under compensated based on my experience and expertise. The insurance is another portion of the compensation package that needs to be restructured and geared towards families.

The branch culture was very positive and the colleagues were exceptional to work with. Job security is no issue in this industry or at this company unless you are combative with management. The job itself is not very difficult, so long as you can put up with the corporate bureaucracy. The workload is very demanding and you are expected to put in the hours to accomplish the job duties. – less

About Gallagher Bassett Services, Inc.

Since 1962, Gallagher Bassett Services, Inc. has been helping clients reduce their exposures to risk and the steep costs that – Read more